Oh, those women! Having tasted an exquisite new dessert at a party, we immediately strive to prepare such baking at home. In the countries of the former Soviet Union, the Zebra pie on sour cream is very popular. Unfortunately, in literary editions you are unlikely to find such a recipe, but in home cookbooks it takes pride of place.
Cooking striped dessert: what is its secret?
The recipe for the pie "Zebra" on sour cream is known to almost all housewives without exception. The highlight of this dessert are multicolored cakes. Even adults are touched when it is seen, and sweet-tooths enjoy gastronomic pleasure altogether. The main thing is that for the preparation of such baking quite affordable products are used, which are in each refrigerator.
You can beat the traditional recipe in your own way and add variety to it. For example, a cake with a delicate cream or cottage cheese impregnation will be quite the author's dish and a true confectionery masterpiece. To date, the life of housewives in the culinary field has become much simpler, because baking can be cooked not only in the oven. The kitchen arsenal was replenished with a bread maker, a slow cooker, a microwave.
What are the secrets of cooking everyone's favorite cake with a funny name? This will tell us the experienced homemakers and, of course, domestic confectioners:
- First of all, pay attention to the fat content of sour cream. This indicator plays a dominant role in the preparation of cake layers.
- For baking cake "Zebra" you can use the biscuit base. These cakes imply the presence of a mandatory cream.
- If you want to simplify the task, then prepare the batter.
- Initially, we knead the usual filling dough, and then leave one part white, and paint the second in a contrasting color, using cocoa powder or chopped chocolate.
- It is customary to prepare dough for such baking from a standard set of products: sour cream, sifted high-grade flour, granulated sugar, egg mass, and butter.
- As you know, cocoa powder has drying properties, and this must be taken into account.
- To preserve the original taste of baking, the amount of flour in dark cake should be reduced in proportion to the number of added cocoa powder.
- If you are preparing the pie from the filling dough, but you want to decorate it and give the baking an unforgettable unique look, use the icing.
- Let's open a little secret: the glaze will not flow down if you sprinkle it with food starch on top.
Striped pastries: the joy of a sweet tooth
Perhaps, in all countries of the post-Soviet space, people are familiar with the taste of baking with the interesting name "Zebra". If you just take the path of confectionery discoveries and prepare your first masterpiece, then the Zebra cake on sour cream can play the role of a pioneer. The recipe is very simple and will be for beginners hostesses visual aid.
- 0.4 l sour cream;
- high-grade flour - 0.4 kg;
- 2 tbsp. l cocoa powder;
- 3 pcs. chicken eggs;
- 1 tsp. baking powder;
- 600 g of condensed milk.
- We will not deviate from the traditions and begin the preparation of striped pastries with dough. In a deep bowl, mix 400 g of condensed milk and 200 ml of sour cream.
- Then add the sifted flour, chicken eggs and baking powder.
- Using a blender or mixer, beat this mixture until smooth.
- We divide the prepared base into two parts.
- In one add cocoa powder.
- Then everything is simple: lay out the dough in a round shape and send multicolored cakes to the oven for 20 minutes. We bake at a temperature of 200 °.
- When the baked cakes are completely cool and slightly dry, we cut them lengthwise into two equal parts. Cakes for multi-colored cake should always be a pair number.
- In a separate bowl prepare the cream.
- To do this, we mix and beat the remaining condensed milk with sour cream.
- Cooked cream thoroughly grease cakes and side slices of the cake.
- Decorate the cake at its discretion and insist in the refrigerator for 8-10 hours.
Let's call for help multicooker
Many housewives have already purchased such a kitchen appliance. With it, cooking delicious dishes and home baking is simplified. Today we will bake in a crock-pot pie "Zebra". The recipe with a photo on sour cream perfectly demonstrates in stages the process of cooking this baking. Believe me - such a colorful cake will appeal to everyone without exception.
- 2 ½ tbsp. sifted fine flour;
- eggs - 2 pcs .;
- 2 tsp. baking powder;
- 0.2 liters of sour cream;
- 2 tbsp. sugar sand;
- 2-3 art. l cocoa powder;
- to taste vanilla;
- 120 g butter.
- Mix flour with baking powder and sift into a deep bowl.
- Butter butter cut into equivalent cubes and put in a saucepan.
- On the fire or water bath, melt the oil to a liquid consistency.
- In a separate bowl with a whisk or a mixer, beat the eggs until a homogeneous frothy mass is formed.
- Mix egg mass with sugar, vanilla and add sour cream.
- Thoroughly beat everything until uniform. Sugar should be completely dissolved.
- Combine the beaten egg mass with butter, and then add the flour.
- The resulting dough is divided into two parts.
- Now we need to make chocolate dough.
- To do this, in a bowl with half the dough, we add cocoa powder. All thoroughly mixed.
- Lubricate the walls of the multicooker container with softened butter.
- 2 tbsp. l alternately lay out the white and chocolate dough. As a result, we should get this pattern.
- Close the multicooker lid and select the program mode "Baking".
- Set the timer for 45-50 minutes. Baking time may vary depending on the functionality of the device.
- After giving the characteristic sound signal, let the cake cool down a bit, and then lay it out on a platter and serve.
- Top of the cake can be decorated with icing or powdered sugar.
In fact, everything is very simple. To make fragrant unusual pastries from multicolored dough, you do not need to be a qualified pastry chef. Pie "Zebra" can rightfully be given the title of the people. Enjoy your meal!