Suluguni is a hard cheese that is very easy to make at home. The composition of homemade suluguni does not include rennet, which makes it a long-awaited dish on a vegetarian table. This is a healthy, satisfying and healthy food that can be used for salads, side dishes, snacks and as an independent dish.
The composition of Suluguni:
To prepare 1 kg of cheese will need:
- Milk - 1 l;
- Cottage cheese (not granular) - 1 kg;
- Sour cream - 100 g;
- Butter - 100 g;
- Salt - 2 tsp.
- Soda - 1 tsp.
Suluguni cooking method
- Boil the milk in a saucepan and put the curd in it. Bring to a boil. Boil for 40 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, slightly. In the process of cooking cottage cheese and milk should separate the serum.
- In another pan through a sieve and 1-2 layers of gauze, we shift the resulting mass to the glass serum. Whey is a unique product that can be used in cooking as a basis for first courses, for making pancakes, wheat germination, etc., as well as in cosmetology - for nourishing the skin.
- When the whey is drained, spread the cheese mass in the pan (pan). Add the softened butter, sour cream, soda and salt. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed, set on fire (medium) and cook, stirring continuously for 10-15 minutes.
- In a deep plate, greased with butter, we shift the curd, smoothing it with a spoon.
- As soon as the cheese has cooled, put the plate in the fridge for 2-3 hours. After that, turn over the plate and take out the cheese. Put it on the dish. Suluguni is ready!
Cheese is always a long-awaited dish on any table. Suluguni, cooked with your own hands, is suitable as an everyday delicacy, and for a holiday. Treat your loved ones, give them your warmth and care!