Do you like exotic cuisine? Arrange a celebration of true gourmets can be at home, preparing Thai soup Tom Yam. It has a delicious sour taste and unsurpassed aroma. Interested? Then this article is for you. So, Tom Yam soup: a recipe at home.
Features cooking soup Tom Yam
In the menu of almost every Asian cafe and restaurant there is a Tom Yam soup. An interesting fact is that Thais are much less likely to suffer from cancer than Europeans. Many researchers claim that this is directly related to the Tom Yam soup, which is considered an excellent prevention of cancer.
This exotic first course has many cooking options. It is prepared with seafood and fish, chicken meat, with the addition of coconut milk and without it. But the obligatory component of Thai soup Tom Yam is a very sharp pasta of the same name. Such pasta can be bought in specialized culinary departments or cooked at home.
The secret to a successful meal is the quality of the ingredients. All products must be fresh. If you use shrimp, then you need to choose chilled seafood, not frozen. The same applies to chicken meat.
Thai soup is quite specific, and you need to cook it in small quantities, counting portions at one time. Such a first dish is not left the next day and not warmed up.
Tom Yam soup: a recipe with photos
Prepare a soup with shrimp and coconut milk. Of course, we are unlikely to achieve an absolute similarity with a real Thai first dish, but believe me, our soup will be no less tasty. At first glance it may seem that the recipe for Tom Yam soup with shrimp and coconut milk is rather complicated, but having cooked it once, you will not be able to refuse this dish.
- 200 g chilled shrimp;
- 200 g chicken fillet;
- 150 g of mushrooms (champignons);
- 400 ml of coconut milk;
- 2 pcs. chili peppers;
- 5 garlic cloves;
- ginger root - approximately 3 cm long;
- 2 tbsp. l lemon juice (you can take lime);
- rind of one large lemon;
- 1 tbsp. l sugar sand;
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oils.
- First, prepare the paste: chop the garlic cloves into thin slices, and the chili pepper into rings.
- Lay the garlic cloves into the hot vegetable oil and fry for just a minute. Make sure that the garlic does not burn, constantly stir it.
- Fried garlic cloves take out of the saucepan, and in it we spread the pepper. We pass a few minutes, do not forget to stir.
- Lemon zest very finely rub. Note: we cut only the yellow part of the lemon, and we do not need a white peel.
- Ginger root should also be grated finely.
- Chili pepper and garlic cloves grind in a blender and again lay out in a saucepan. To these we add crushed ginger and citrus zest, granulated sugar and lemon juice. All components are very well mixed and simmer on low heat for about five minutes. The sauce must be stirred all the time.
- When the sauce has cooled slightly, it should be put in the bowl of the blender and chopped. We should have a homogeneous creamy paste of bright orange color. Sauce Tom Yam is ready.
- It's time to do the soup itself. Cook the chicken fillet broth. This can be done simultaneously with the preparation of the sauce.
- Mushrooms are washed and dried and cut into thin slices.
- Now you need to prepare shrimp. By the way, Thais do not clean them and put shrimp in their shell in the soup. We will clean them, leaving only the tails.
- Chicken fillet cut into small pieces.
- Strain 400 ml of broth and pour into a separate pan. Put on the fire and bring to a boil. Then add Tom Yam sauce and coconut milk to the broth. Tip: since the sauce is quite hot, add it in small portions for the first time, tasting the soup.
- We wait until the resulting mixture boils, reduce the heat and cook for a few minutes.
- We take a sieve and pass our broth through it. It should have a smooth consistency.
- Spread mushrooms in the soup.
- Now add the shrimp.
- Put the chicken fillet, bring the soup to a boil and cook for 3-4 minutes. We taste the soup, if necessary, it can be slightly salted.
- Soup Tom Yam should be immediately served on the table, it can be decorated with cilantro or green basil.
Thai soup in the Russian way
Let's consider the lightweight version of cooking Thai soup, adapted to our national cuisine. So, Tom Yam soup: the original recipe at your service.
- 800 ml chicken broth;
- 4 garlic cloves;
- 400 ml of coconut milk;
- 2 pcs. chili peppers;
- 2 tbsp. l lime juice;
- stalk of lemongrass;
- zest of one lime (can be replaced with lemon);
- ginger root;
- 1 tsp. brown sugar;
- 200 g mushrooms (better champignons);
- 2 tbsp. l non-spicy fish sauce;
- 400 g chilled shrimp;
- parsley and cilantro.
- Boil the broth in advance.
- Cut ginger root into very thin slices.
- Cut the pepper in half, chop the garlic cloves in a blender.
- In a separate saucepan, mix the pre-strained broth with coconut milk. Then bring it to a boil and add ginger, chopped garlic cloves and lemongrass, citrus zest, brown sugar, lime juice, as well as fish sauce and chili pepper. Cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Cut mushrooms into plates and peel the shrimps. Put these ingredients in the soup and cook for 7-10 minutes. Remove lime zest, ginger root and lemongrass from the soup. Keep the soup on fire for another minute and turn it off. Before serving, add chopped cilantro and parsley to the table.
We hope that our recipes will help you arrange a real Thai dinner, and your household will be satisfied. Finally, I would like to give one more tip: do not be afraid to change the number of ingredients for Tom Yam sauce, relying on your own taste preferences. Cook with pleasure and bon appetit!