The sauce with the interesting name Teriyaki is used in Japan, where it comes from, for cooking meat and fish dishes. It goes well with chicken and pork.
Today it can be purchased off-the-shelf in most large stores. But better try making teriyaki sauce yourself, Especially since it does not differ in the particular complexity of cooking. And besides, you will surely be sure of the quality of the product.
To prepare classic teriyaki sauce, need rice wine mirin, soy, sugar and spices. Its name itself is translated from Japanese as a combination of two words "teri" and "yaki": shine and roast. In ancient times, it was obtained when the fish was cooking on the grill. But now this dish is made from chicken, pork juice and even seafood juice.
The sauce has a long history, which is why today there are a huge number of recipes for its preparation. Exotic Teriyaki won such a big recognition due to its wonderful aroma, versatility and excellent taste. It goes well with vegetable, fish and meat dishes. Such dishes with Teriyaki dressing acquire an unusual aroma and taste. In addition, it is excellent for dishes that are cooked on a grill or open fire, as a marinade. It will be a great ingredient in other Asian or salad dressings.
Teriyaki Sauce: Composition
As part of this product, you can see the following ingredients: rice wine Mirin, cane sugar, soy sauce and vodka sake. It consists of only 4 ingredients, which explains the ease and speed of its preparation.
The unchanging ingredients of Teriyaki sauce in any recipesugar, rice sweet wine Mirin and soy sauce remain. To cook it, it is best to use cane sugar. Soy sauce and rice wine are mixed, brought to a boil. Then sugar is added, and everything is cooked for 1 hour over low heat.
The energy value of 100 ml of this product is 89 kcal, therefore, it does not affect the shape. If we consider it according to the composition of substances, then it contains 5.93 g (24 kcal) of proteins, 0.02 g of fats, and 15.56 g (62 kcal) of carbohydrates.
Teriyaki Sauce Recipes
Teriyaki sauce at home
- Brown sugar - 0.5 tbsp. l
- Soy Sauce - 50 ml
- Sake - 50 ml
- Sweet rice wine Mirin - 50 ml
- Take a small saucepan and put all the ingredients there. Stir everything and bring to a boil over moderate heat. Stir the mixture until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Boil the resulting mixture until its volume is halved. Teriyaki will be ready when it reaches a thick consistency.
- When it cools down, pour it into a glass container, close the lid and put it in the refrigerator.
- Brown sugar for cooking this dish can be replaced by the usual one, but you will need to take it in 2 p. less.
Classic Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
You can prepare for this recipe in advance, and in order for the dressing to retain its beneficial properties, it is best to keep it in the refrigerator. This classic Teriyaki dressing is used to prepare fish, chicken and pork dishes.
- Sake - 75 ml
- Soy Sauce - 75 ml
- Rice wine Mirin - 75 ml
- Brown sugar - ¾ Art. l or
- Simple sugar - ½ tbsp. l
- In a small pot, pour soy sauce, wine and sake. Stir and bring them to a boil. Then pour the sugar in there and dissolve over low heat, stirring until it is completely dissolved.
- Keep it on low heat until it shrinks to 2 p. The consistency of ready-made Teriyaki sauce should be similar to syrup.
- Once it is ready, remove it from the heat and use it to cook dishes.
- If you do not plan to use this refill immediately, then when it cools down, pour it into glassware, close it and put it in the refrigerator.
The classic Teriyaki sauce is used for cooking meat, vegetable and fish dishes.. Experts recommend using it immediately after preparation. But if you cook such a dish at home, you can safely store it in a glass bottle in the fridge, without worrying that it will lose its excellent taste and flavor.
In addition, it will not be difficult to cook it, since even such an exotic ingredient as rice wine Mirin can be replaced with sake and sugar. Yes and You do not need too much time and effort to make Teriyaki sauce.