Tararushki outwardly can confuse those who first met with them - they are very similar to brushwood, but a little more magnificent. According to its recipe, these are donuts, but they are mixed not with yeast, but with kefir. However, the cooking and roasting algorithm itself is about the same. Initially tararushki cooked in a Russian stove, and therefore were clearly healthier than cooked on the stove, and the taste was different. If desired, you can try to bake them in the oven, only the time it will be spent more.
Fried tararushki on kefir: recipe with photos step by step
The attractiveness of such baking - in the speed of its preparation: the direct kneading of the dough, the formation of "knots" and roasting take on the strength of 40 minutes. Kefir in the recipe can be replaced with ordinary sourdough (the taste of the dough will be softer) or natural yogurt, instead of vegetable oil for the dough, you can take creamy, then the consistency will be airy. Fry, on the contrary, it is better to plant. The following volume of each ingredient is designed for 14-16 tarashek.
- Kefir - 220 ml
- Wheat flour - 470 g
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp.
- Sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Vanillin - Pinch
- Salt - Pinch
- Drinking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar powder - 1 tbsp.
- Smash the eggs in a bowl, add a pinch of salt and sugar, carefully beat. Add kefir and vanilla, whip again, using a whisk (do not use a mixer!)
- Gradually add the sifted flour into the dough, mixing it with a spatula or spoon so that no lumps form. With the last portion of flour, it is also necessary to introduce soda and vegetable oil. If you use butter or margarine, it is pre-melted.
- If the dough is too thin, add more flour: it should be soft, pliable, breathable, but not stick to your hands, not crawl. Cover the bowl with a towel, leave for 30 minutes, but not in a draft: the dough should rest in warmth.
- After the specified time, crush the dough (do not mix!), Put it on a floured board, roll into a cake with a thickness of 1-1.5 cm. If necessary, add flour to reduce the stickiness of the dough.
- The resulting cake should be cut into strips not less than 5 cm wide, and 12-15 cm long. In the middle, with a knife, a longitudinal incision is required to be made 4-5 cm long, turn out any of the ends of the cream-tree 1-2 times through it.
- Cast-iron skillet with high sides at 1/3 fill with vegetable oil, heat it up and start putting tararushki there. Fry on each side until the surface takes on a golden red hue.
- Tararushki caught from the pan need to be shifted to a deep bowl, sprinkle with powdered sugar, while they are still hot. Serve chilled.
How to make dietary tararushki?
In itself, the dough for these donuts is not so heavy - it is not yeast, which pleases the adherents of a healthy diet, and the greatest harm is not its components, but the cooking method. If you are worried about the shape and condition of the pancreas, you can use the same recipe for tarashek, but bake them in the oven. Or additionally modify the ingredients.
- Replace whole wheat flour or take a mixture of wheat, oatmeal and rye in a ratio of 3: 2: 1 - this will make the dough more useful for the intestines, although it will not affect the calorie content.
- Take only egg whites, without using yolks - the dough will become lighter, airier: both in energy value and in consistency. Before sending tarashek in the oven can sprinkle them with ground nuts or sesame seed.
- Bake tararushki in an oven heated to 200 degrees, spreading them on a parchment sheet or silicone mat for 20-25 minutes.
Some hostesses add sour cream to the recipe of tararushka to make the dough softer, but there is not much point in this because of the large amount of kefir. The same can be achieved if you replace it completely with natural yogurt. And if you like the dough for tararushki, you can bake from it the usual cakes with any fillings.