Lentils contain substances that support energy balance and improve the functioning of vital organs: vegetable protein, iron, folic acid, soluble fiber. Those who want to keep healthy and avoid the problem of excess weight, you must include in the menu lentil soup. The recipe for this dish is easy to master.
Lentils are just beginning to gain popularity in the domestic kitchen. Nevertheless, many have already managed to appreciate the merits of this legume culture. In addition to its healthy composition and high nutritional value, lentil dishes have a rather pleasant spicy taste - provided they are cooked properly.
Lentil Soup: Vegetable Recipe
If you decide to cook lentil soup, the recipe with photos will simplify the task step by step. Such a first will have an appetizing nutty smell, and its taste can be enhanced with the help of Indian spices - turmeric, coriander, curry pepper or cumin.
- 2 liters of water;
- 1 tbsp. lentils of any grade;
- 1 medium sized carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 1 sweet bell pepper;
- 1 cauliflower or broccoli;
- 80 g cream.
- Remove the peel from the potatoes, carrots, onions, and the peppers should be cleaned inside of the seeds.
- Cut potatoes into strips, combine with lentils and dip in boiling water.
- Boil the contents on low heat for about half an hour.
- Crush the onion, carrot, melt the cream in the frying pan and pass in the food until the onion is golden.
- Add the mixture to the boiling soup.
- Dice the peppers and cabbage, put them in a saucepan with a pinch of salt and spice powder.
- The soup, covered with a lid, cooked for another 17 minutes on a fire of average intensity.
Red lentil soup
Red lentils are not inferior to other species in the number of medicinal properties and level of taste characteristics. In addition, it does not have a shell, so you will spend much less time on its preparation.
- red lentils - 60 g;
- lemon juice - 5 ml;
- bulbs - 2 pcs .;
- chicken broth - 380 ml;
- Curry pepper - 4 g;
- clove of garlic;
- low fat cream - 5 ml.
- Chop onions and garlic (standard, as always when cooking soups).
- Heat the broth and add lentils and hot vegetables to it.
- Stir in the soup and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Grind lentils in a pan using a blender.
- Add lemon juice.
- The finished dish can be decorated using cream.
Green lentil first course
When the lentils are harvested without waiting for its full ripening, it has a greenish color. If you use the green variety for cooking the first dishes, the unusual taste with nutty notes will be expressed especially brightly. If you need a diet soup, you can exclude meat from the recipe - a product containing animal fats.
- 220 grams of beef meat;
- 125 g lentils;
- 1 onion;
- 2 medium sized potatoes;
- 20 ml of tomato paste;
- 1 carrot;
- 40 ml of sunflower or olive oil;
- salt and spices.
- Cut the beef into cubes and fry in butter with salt and spices.
- Cut the onion and carrot into small pieces.
- Combine the vegetables with the beef and simmer on low heat for 18 minutes.
- To avoid dryness, you can add 80 ml of water.
- Rinse lentils, fill the container with water and put on fire.
- After 8 minutes, put chopped potatoes in water.
- Dilute the tomato with water and pour over the meat with vegetables, continue stewing for another 12 minutes.
- Add pans to the soup and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Decorate the dish with greens.
Tasty diet: soup with lentils and potatoes
Vegetable lentil soup - the best dish for dieters, without creating a deficiency of nutrients in the body. A unique legume culture in combination with potatoes gives the dish a unique flavor, reminiscent of meat.
- 305 grams of lentils;
- 4 potatoes;
- 1-2 carrots;
- parsley root;
- half celery root;
- 2 medium sized bulbs;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 1 chili;
- 40 ml of tomato sauce;
- 20 g of dill and parsley in dried form;
- 2-3 bay leaves;
- 125 ml of sunflower oil;
- salt and any pepper.
- Peeled potatoes, cut into small cubes, and lentil put in a 3-liter container.
- Salt - let it boil for half an hour.
- Rub grated carrots and celery on a coarse grater, chop chili peppers and greens.
- Fry chopped onion in sunflower oil, add grated vegetables and roots to it. Pass 12 minutes.
- Pour a tomato into the fry and simmer for 6 minutes, then send the contents of the pan to the soup.
- Pour bay leaves, herbs and garlic into the pan.
- After 12 minutes of boiling, your soup is ready.
Lentil and Chicken Soup
Lentils in the soup fits perfectly with chicken. Such a dish contains twice as much protein, which significantly improves digestion and restores strength.
- 250 g chicken fillet;
- 245 g brown lentils;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- vegetable oil;
- some dill and parsley;
- Curry, ground black pepper, salt.
- Wash the chicken fillet under medium pressure, cut into small pieces, sprinkle curry - let it cost half an hour.
- Put the washed lentils into boiling water and cook slowly for 10 minutes, then put the peeled and chopped potatoes there.
- After boiling, cook the mixture over moderate heat until cooked.
- Chop the carrot into slices and fry in vegetable oil until it is soft.
- Chop the carrots thoroughly in a blender.
- Fry chicken in a pan.
- Ready fillets and circles of carrots, put in the soup.
- Salt and pepper the dish, then tightly cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
Turkish soup recipe
Lentils are often used in national cuisines of the peoples of the East. If you are a lover of spicy, savory dishes with a fresh aroma, this version of the soup is sure to please you.
- lentils - 325 g;
- 2 onions;
- 4 potatoes;
- 1 carrot;
- tomato paste or pulp of fresh tomato - 40 ml;
- flour - 40 g;
- sunflower oil;
- dried mint, coarse pepper, paprika, thyme or zira.
- Leave the washed grains in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the potatoes and chop the onion, rub the carrot.
- In a 2-liter pot filled with water, lower the lentils and vegetables, keep everything on low intensity fire for 1 hour.
- Cool the contents of the tank, pass through the grid and boil again.
- Heat the sunflower oil, flour and tomato paste in a skillet, salt and send in water with lentils.
- Put dried mint leaves, spices and salt in the soup.
- The boiling process should last another 6 minutes.
Cooking in a slow cooker
Owners of modern kitchen equipment may well please their loved ones with lentil-based first courses. Soup cooked in a slow cooker will not only taste better, but also retain its beneficial qualities to the maximum extent.
- chicken breast on the bone;
- 3 potatoes;
- vegetable oil;
- half onion;
- 1 Bulgarian pepper;
- 200 grams of red lentils;
- bay leaf, allspice-peas, salt.
- Remove the peel from the vegetables, chop the onions, rub the carrots, chop the potatoes into straws, and the Bulgarian pepper into cubes.
- Turn on the "Fry" mode, pour in some sunflower oil and pass the vegetables.
- In a slow cooker, send potatoes, boiled chicken, lentils, along with salt and spices, select the “Soup” and cook for 25 minutes.
- After the signal of readiness, put pepper-peas, bay leaf and put it on the “Heating”, which should last 5 minutes.
- lentils - 160 g;
- carrots - 160 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- garlic - 12 g;
- water - 2.5 l;
- potatoes - 300 g;
- fresh frozen string beans - 120 g;
- vegetable oil - 45 ml;
- a pinch of salt, pepper, 2-3 bay leaves.
- To make the lentil taste more tender, soak it in cold water for about 4-5 hours.
- The slow cooker should work in the "Frying: Vegetables" mode at 160 ° C for pre-heating. Pour the sunflower oil into the bowl.
- Peel and slice the potatoes.
- Turn off the device using the "Heat / Cancel" button, and then turn on "Frying / Vegetables" at 130 ° C.
- Put the potatoes and fry until golden.
- Largely rub the cleaned carrot.
- Cut the onion.
- Add the vegetables to the potatoes and continue frying.
- When the contents of the bowl turn red, stop the program with the same button.
- Washed lentils with beans, add to the vegetables.
- Fill all with water and install the program "Soup" on the display.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, turn it off through the “Heat / Cancel” and set the porridge program for half an hour so that the first one is nourishing but transparent.
- When the soup is boiled, salt and pepper it, put bay leaves and garlic mass.
- Stop the equipment and serve the dish hot, decorated with greens.
If you are a supporter of a healthy diet, you can include delicious lentil soup in your family’s diet. The recipe for cooking this dish is not the only one - you can always find something to your taste, as well as vary the number of calories by stopping the choice on options with one or another additional ingredients. Rest assured, the miracle of oriental cuisine will not disappoint you.