If you have never tried tartare, then it needs to be urgently fixed! Delicate melting in the mouth sauce is considered to be one of the most delicious delicacies. The beauty of a French restaurant dish is that it can be cooked in the most ordinary kitchen. Variations of tartar, there are many. All of them are easy to prepare and deserve special attention.
How to cook tartare?
Few dishes are surrounded by so many disputes as tartar. Sometimes there are interesting options for snacks that are difficult to attribute to an authentic recipe. The cooking method can be divided into 2 directions. Initially, tartar was meant a certain type of cutting. Ingredients very finely shred. The result was an almost creamy snack. The main rule of this method - all ingredients must be raw. Therefore, you should not be surprised if the restaurant serves fresh pork or beef tartare. The 2nd variation is a sauce. A similar tartar is prepared on the basis of tender yolks. It is served with meat, vegetables with various side dishes. Thus, the word tartar hides both a completely independent dish and an appetizer.
Know the technology of preparation is necessary in order to choose the correct flow to the table. It depends on the heat treatment of ingredients. If you make a snack, then the fish or meat must be fresh. Therefore, special attention should be paid to their quality. Do not be afraid of raw meat. Usually, lemon juice added to tartar neutralizes bacteria. If caution overpowers, then you can prepare tartar sauce.
Another feature of the dish is the interchangeability of ingredients. Capers, pickled cucumbers, garlic, Provencal herbs are allowed to be added to the tartare. If something is missing, then something else can be used. The main rule is to finely chop the ingredients. They should be a puree mixture.
Salmon Tartar Recipe
This recipe is suitable for a beautiful festive table decoration. Such tartar can be served not only portions in separate plates. Tartlets or small croutons look very nice to him.
- Salmon - 500 gr.
- Cream cheese -150 gr.
- Olive a little - 150 gr.
- Onions - 20 gr.
- Salt and lemon juice - to taste
- Rinse fresh fish under cool water and dry with a towel. Salmon is cut into long thin strips. Put them together and chop with a sharp knife. The size of the pieces should be small. 3-4 mm is enough.
- Put the sliced fish in a separate bowl. Sprinkle it with lemon and leave in the fridge for a while.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Mix with cream cheese. Add the mixture to the fish. Pour olive oil into the appetizer.
- Salt the dish and let it stand. Dishes should be covered with foil.
- Serve tartar as a separate snack. To do this, you can take a culinary ring or make it from an ordinary tin can without a bottom. They put it on a plate, and inward spread tartar. It should be well pressed with a spoon.
- The finished dish is decorated with greenery. If you want to cook such a tartar, but the store does not have cream cheese, you can replace it. For the preparation of suitable sour cream or mayonnaise.
Salmon and Avocado Tartar
- Salmon - 200 gr.
- Avocado - 1 pc.
- Onions - 40 gr.
- Lemon juice 0.5
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse fish under running water. Drain with a paper towel. Cut into strips with a sharp knife. Then chop them again into small cubes.
- Squeeze the juice out of half a lemon. Fill them with salmon, salt and pepper. Put in the fridge.
- Peel the avocados before serving. Pull the bone. Cut the flesh as finely as fish. Mix the ingredients. Put them on a plate with a cooking ring.
- If improperly prepared, such tartar can create an unpleasant visual impression. Avocado under the action of oxygen oxidizes very quickly and becomes ugly brownish color. Therefore, it is better to add it to the dish before serving.
- For the same reason, it is not recommended to do too much tartar. A few servings are enough to eat right away. Trout and tuna can be used instead of salmon.
Sauce for fish: classic tartare
A similar addition to fish can be made according to the classic recipe. It is distinguished by the use of eggs. Also worth trying is the more modern version with mayonnaise.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Olive oil - 100 ml.
- Lemon juice 0.5
- Salt, pepper - to taste
- Small onion - 1pc.
- Salted cucumber - 1 pc.
- Olives - 40 gr.
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Cook hard boiled eggs. Clean, remove the yolk. To rub it. You can do this with a regular knife. Crumble them yolk.
- Cucumber, peeled onions, garlic, olives very finely chopped. Pieces should be 1-2 mm in size.
- Mixed yolks mixed with lemon juice, salt, pepper. Carefully pour the oil into them. Add chopped vegetables. Tartar knead thoroughly. It should be a bit thicker than mayonnaise.
- Fish can be laid out on the "pillow" of the tartare or pour it on top of it. It is also allowed to add any processed vegetables to the sauce. It can be tomatoes, eggplants. They will turn the sauce into a kind of side dish.
Tartar can be cooked even for dessert! The basis of such a dish is usually a mixture of berries and fruits, dressed with cream or sweet cream cheese.
Fruit Tartar Recipe
- Peaches - 2 pcs.
- Strawberry - 200 gr.
- Heavy cream 35% - 200 gr.
- Cream cheese - 100 gr.
- Icing sugar - 200 gr.
- Raspberry - 80 gr.
- Vanillin - to taste
- Blanch the peaches. To do this, put a small saucepan on medium heat, bring to a boil. Put peaches in the pan for 30-40 seconds. Cool them and peel them.
- All fruits and berries except raspberries, cut into small cubes. Their size should be about 1 cm. Without mixing, set them aside.
- In a small saucepan, pour the raspberries and half the icing sugar. Put on the fire. Boil the raspberries until it starts to make juice. Stir about 3-4 minutes, not removing from the heat. Cool the mixture. Strain through a sieve or pass through a blender.
- Cold cream whisk until firm peaks. To speed up the process, cool the whisking container and the mixer nozzle. If the cream is not whipped, add a pinch of starch.
- Beat the cheese. Combine with cream and remaining icing sugar.
- Place a culinary ring on the dessert plate. Put some fruit in it, then cream with cheese. Alternate layers.
- Remove the ring and pour the raspberry sauce over the tartare. Repeat the procedure on a new plate. From the specified amount should be 4 servings. It is best to serve this dessert chilled.
Whatever recipe for cooking tartare you choose, it is worth considering how to serve it. We offer you some interesting ideas:
Garlic croutons or crispy baguette - any kind of tartare can be served on a crispy piece of golden bread.
Separate sauceboat - suitable for the liquid version. Fish or meat is watered directly from it.
You can cut the loaf in the form of a culinary ring and put the snack on top.
For sweet tartar use flat ice-cream bowls. On top of it is decorated with sliced berries and fruits.
Tartar is prepared quickly enough. In just 5-7 minutes. Your table will decorate an unusual French restaurant dish. It can be prepared as a snack from raw ingredients. Dr. option - sauce or vegetable side dish for fish and meat. These versions of tartare unite the way of cutting. All ingredients need very finely crumble with a knife.