Royal cheesecake - a great option to change the attitude to the curd, both in adults and in children. The combination of crumbly dough and delicate, creamy cottage cheese filling, does not leave indifferent. In addition, the original recipe can always be modified by adding berries and fruits, cocoa or marmalade. Cooking a royal cheesecake is a pleasure, therefore such a recipe is obliged to be in the cooking book of every hostess.
Classic recipe with cottage cheese
In fact, with the traditional yeast dough cheesecake, the royal hardly has a few things in common: there is no match for the filling - the baking is completely closed, and instead of a fluffy bun with a curd center it is a large flat pie with a streysel surface or, simpler , oily flour chips. However, the word “cheesecake”, if you look for Slavic roots in it, does not imply a specific type of baking, but a shape and color resembling a sun disc. And the royal cheesecake with cottage cheese is closer than ever to it.
- Cottage cheese - 520 g
- Chicken egg - 3-4 pcs.
- Flour - 225 g
- Butter - 130 g
- Salt - Pinch
- Brown sugar - 200 g
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp.
- Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp.
- Vanillin - Pinch
- The specified amount of butter, laid out on a large wooden board, must be cut into large cubes and thrown into a food processor to grind. If it is not there, you can do the same with 2 sharp large knives, but you need to work very quickly and without touching the oil with your hands so that it does not start to melt from the heat of the body.
- Flour is sifted on top of the butter, mixed with it using the same knives or a combine. Then add 100 g of sugar and baking powder, the components continue to mix with knives. When you get a uniform crumb, you need to transfer it to the bowl and send it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, for new curing of the oil, which will soften a little while working with it.
- Now the filling is being prepared: the eggs are carefully broken one after the other through a separator: the yolks go to a large bowl, the whites - into a small metal bowl, which is immediately placed in the refrigerator. In a container with egg yolks, you need to put the cottage cheese, pour 100 g of sugar, add vanilla and cinnamon. All ingredients are kneaded with a spatula, and then whipped with a mixer or hand blender at medium speed for 2-3 minutes. The mass should be airy and tender.
- Cooled egg whites should be removed from the refrigerator, add a pinch of salt to them, whisk with diligence and beat them up until the foam stops falling off. Continuing to beat, squirrels need to be smoothly introduced into the cottage cheese mixture and gently mixed with it as much as possible, no longer beating, but only helping the spatula to become homogeneous again.
- The baking mold for royal cheesecakes is recommended to use detachable, because the cake is very soft, and it is extremely difficult to remove it from the usual form without breaking it. There is no need to lubricate the bottom - just lay on it a circle cut out of parchment paper.
- The oven is heated to 180 degrees. The cooled dough is divided into 2 parts: half is distributed in shape, while you need to pull the sides, the height of which depends on the diameter of the form. With a parameter of 23-25 cm (with the specified volume of components) they should be 2-3 cm, with a diameter of 27-29 cm - 1-1.5 cm is enough. The dough is slightly compacted so that its crumbs stick together.
- The curd mass is laid out in the resulting large tartlet and carefully leveled with a silicone spatula. The remaining half of the test crumb, the future streysel, is crumbling from above.
- In the preheated oven the cheesecake should be baked for 35-40 minutes, if additional convection is included. Without it, the time may increase to 60 minutes. It is recommended to orientate according to the condition of the streysel - as soon as it becomes golden brown, the form can be taken out of the oven.
The finished royal cheesecake must be immediately freed from the mold and left under a cotton napkin to rest: it is served chilled, cut into portions. If you wish, you can decorate the pastry with fresh berries and add cream with sugar to it.
Royal cheesecake with apples: a recipe with photos
The classic recipe can be changed as you like, and basically it concerns the filling: cottage cheese combines perfectly with any berries and fruits, so they often add dried apricots, raisins, cherries or apples. Moreover, there is no difference - they will be full pieces, or applesauce. The latter will give the cream more tenderness, and the pieces will require longer to bake the dish, since it will greatly increase the moisture content of the filling.
- Butter - 130 g
- Sugar - 160 g
- Flour - 270 g
- Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Apple vinegar - for quenching
- Cottage cheese - 420 g
- Chicken eggs - 4 pcs.
- Apples - 2 pcs.
- Warm up the oil to room temperature, slightly spoon with a spoon and transfer it to a common container to lure the dough. There, pour 100 g of sugar and flour, add the soda extinguished with vinegar, mix all the ingredients with your hands, gently grinding them into a crumb. Leave aside or put in the fridge until the filling is prepared.
- Break eggs into a bowl, beat with a mixer at medium speed. Gradually add sugar to them, continuing to beat.
- Peel and grate the apples on the shallow side of the grater to make mashed potatoes, add to the egg-sugar mixture, pour the curd rolled in the food processor. Beat with a mixer at an average speed of 3-5 minutes to rid the cream of the curd lumps.
- Grease the parchment-covered parchment with oil, put half of the cooled dough on the bottom, level and stamp it with your hands, make low sides. The thickness of the dough at the bottom should be maintained within 0.7-1 cm.
- Top pour curd and apple cream, cover with the remaining dough, rubbed with your hands in the process of puncturing, so that its particles do not stick together.
- In an oven heated to 175 degrees, hold the foil-lined mold for 35 minutes, after which the foil should be removed and allowed to bake the cheesecake for another 10-15 minutes, to brown the dressing. If necessary, the oven temperature rises to 190 degrees for this period of time.
This cheesecake goes well with lingonberry sauce: berries need to be sweated with sugar on low heat until thick, cool, and pour portioned pieces of cake.
The beauty of cooking this baking in a slow cooker is getting more airy dough, similar to a souffle. And the cheesecake itself is more likely to bake to the biscuit than the sand, but no worse than its traditional version. The highlight will be cocoa, which will allow in the cut to get a contrasting black and white piece.
- Butter - 220 g
- Cottage cheese - 610 g
- Caster sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Cocoa powder - 2.5 tbsp.
- Flour - 300 g
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp.
- Chicken egg - 4 pcs.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Sour cream - 2 tbsp.
- Peel the lemon, remove it 2-3 times through a meat grinder or shallow side of the grater. Combine the baking powder with sifted flour, cocoa powder and 1/2 tbsp. powdered sugar, add to them lemon zest and sour cream, as well as a broken egg (1 pc.). Beat with a mixer, leave aside.
- Grate cold butter on a grater, carefully pour it into the bowl with the other components of the dough, mix it with your hands, but act very quickly with a rubbing motion. The dough will be softer and softer than in the classic recipe, but it still has to crumble slightly. It is not removed in the fridge.
- Cottage cheese is combined with the remaining icing sugar and kneaded with a fork or pestle, 3 beaten eggs are introduced into it, the mass is kneaded to a puree state.
- To remove the finished cheesecake from the multicooker without problems, 3-4 strips of parchment paper are laid in a crisscross pattern on the bottom of the bowl - their ends should stand 5-7 cm above the sides of the cheesecake: by pulling them, you can easily get the cake.
- Half of the dough is laid out in the buttered crockery bowl, forming the bottom and high sides, curd cream is poured on top, covered with dough residues, which must be combined with the sides in order to fully enclose the filling.
- Cooking mode - "Baking", a timer for 60 minutes. or slightly less, depending on the power of the multicooker. After the time comes out, the lid can not be opened for another 20-30 minutes, so that the cake reaches the maximum.
Before serving, the royal cheesecake is cooled and cut into portions.
Tricks preparations royal cheesecakes
This simple dish has many nuances and subtleties that can significantly affect the taste and appearance of baking.
- The main trick to kneading dough is the condition of the food and the movement of the hostess. Butter should not be just cold, but just taken out of the freezer: its right temperature - when you feel your hands grow numb when working with it - this is the basis of the chopped dough, on which the royal cheesecake is made.
- The tenderness of the curd layer will depend on its components. The basis - cottage cheese - in a single form is always rather dry, even if it has a high fat content, therefore the presence of eggs is obligatory. Their number directly affects the humidity of the filling: the more of them, the more creamy will be curd mass. If you don’t like eggs too much, instead of increasing their number you can add a little sour cream, also varying its share depending on the desired consistency of the layer.
- With the specified amount of ingredients in the classic recipe, a rather plastic dough is obtained, but if you want to get a more crisp option, combine butter, sugar and flour in equal proportions or with a slight increase in the latter.
Despite the fact that the traditional dough for the royal cheesecake is chopped, it can be cooked on the yeast, and puff, and on the biscuit, and even on the lazy version of ground with butter. Any combinations are welcome, because cooking is an extremely creative process!