Roast beef with potatoes - an old dish of traditional Russian cuisine. According to custom, he was served on the imperial table immediately after soup or cabbage soup. Many years have passed since then, and today this dish has become available to the ordinary man in the street. Cooking is quick and easy, especially when there are several recipes in stock.
How to cook roast beef with potatoes, know the hostess in all parts of our country, and each will have their own secrets and recipes. After collecting them, you can formulate the general aspects of cooking this dish:
- If you prefer to cook roast on the stove, then it is better to choose cast-iron dishes with a thick bottom and high sides. So the meat will actually be cooked in its own juice and will be especially tender and soft.
- To achieve the same goal, some housewives soak the meat in marinade beforehand or add a little brandy to it in the process of stewing.
- Cooking time depends on the size of the pieces and the age of the animal. The smaller the pieces and the younger the animal was, the faster the dish will be cooked.
- For beef roasts the following seasonings are best: tarragon, rosemary, bay leaf, allspice, lovage.
As for cooking options, here you can use all available methods. For everyday life is perfect roast with gravy, cooked in a cauldron. By the way, it may well replace the first dish. Busy hostesses come to the rescue multicooker. But for the holiday table guests can submit roast from clay pots. Be sure to try all the options.
Cooking in a cauldron
This is the most popular recipe for cooking roast beef with potatoes. The dish due to its gravy is incredibly nourishing, the meat is juicy, and the potato is fragrant. In addition, this method of cooking allows you to save most of the nutrients.
- 300 grams of beef;
- 5-6 large potatoes;
- 200 grams of tomatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot.
- We take a piece of beef, clean and without excess fat, and cut it into cubes of medium size.
- In exactly the same way, cut the peeled and washed potatoes.one
- Then heat the pan with a small amount of sunflower oil, lay out the pieces of beef and fry the meat until half cooked.
- We put the potatoes in a brazier with thick walls and bottom or in a cauldron, and on top is roasted meat.
- Now it's time to do some vegetables. Finely chop and fry the onions to translucency.
- Rub the carrots, add to the onions.
- Scald tomatoes with boiling water, remove peels from them and grind vegetables into mashed potatoes using a blender.
- Pour the freshly prepared tomato paste into the pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Shifts still hot frying in a cauldron with potatoes and meat.
- Thoroughly mix everything with a spatula. Add some bay leaves and a few black peppercorns to the brazier.
- Now we boil about 1 liter of water in the kettle, dilute some salt in it. Fill the brine in the cauldron so that the liquid completely covers the contents.
- Cover the cauldron with a lid and cook slowly for about 1 hour.
- Roast beef with potatoes cooked in a cauldron will be more fragrant if sprinkled with greens before serving.
Roast from the pot
Roast beef with potatoes in the oven is cooked differently. Some prefer to bake the dish in the sleeve, others - in the open form. We recommend trying the recipe of cooking meat with vegetables in clay pots.
- 700 grams of veal;
- 5 potatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 Bulgarian pepper;
- 3 tomatoes;
- 1 tbsp. sour cream;
- 200 grams of cheese.
- We rinse the meat in cold water, remove the extra streaks and grease. Cut the beef into small pieces and mix together with spices and herbs.
- In the meantime, the meat is marinated, proceed to the preparatory work with vegetables. We wash them, clean them from husk, peel and seeds.
- Cut tomatoes into thin half-rings, Bulgarian pepper into cubes, rub carrots on a coarse grater, and chop the onion with a knife.
- Now we get homemade clay pots. At the bottom we place a piece of margarine, on top we make layers in the following order: potatoes, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, onions, meat.
- Salt and pepper each layer, smear with sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Now pour the water into the pots so as to completely cover the contents, and remove the oven to the preheated 200 degree.
- After 30-35 minutes, remove the covers and sprinkle the contents with grated cheese. We send the pots to the oven in the open and continue to cook another 30 minutes.
- Ready-made home-made roast from beef with potatoes will be tastier if served in the same bowl in which it was stewed.
Facilitate the process of cooking with the help of multicooker
The possibilities of this home help already fit to compose odes and songs. The slow cooker has become an indispensable attribute in every kitchen. She bakes, cooks and soars with little or no help. And what a crock-pot turns out to be a delicious roast of beef with potatoes! Just lick your fingers!
- 500 g of beef;
- 800 g of potatoes;
- 3 bell peppers;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- Prepare the meat and cut it into small pieces. Turn on the slow cooker in the "Frying" or "Baking" mode and lower the pieces of beef into the bowl.
- Fry the meat, stirring occasionally with a spatula, for about 20 minutes.
- During breaks we prepare vegetables for roasting: we rub carrots, and we cut onions and paprika into cubes.
- Fill the vegetables with meat and continue cooking for another 10 minutes. By this time, onions and carrots should be soft and translucent.
- After that, add fresh tomatoes cut into slices to vegetables and meat. If you do not like the peel, then you can pre-remove it, scalding vegetables with boiling water.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, add potatoes, salt, pepper, bay leaf to the bowl and fill the entire contents with water.
- Turn on the mode "Quenching", close the lid and wait 40-50 minutes until the dish is ready.
- Put the roast beef meat on a la carte plates and sprinkle with greens.
These recipes will come to the rescue always, especially when you need to quickly and satisfyingly feed the whole family. By the way, this dish will be harmonious in taste with a variety of stewed vegetables or sour cream sauce. Cook with pleasure and enjoy your meal!