Punch always warm in the cold and help to raise your mood. Initially, it was prepared from 5 components: rum, wine, juice, sugar, or honey and spices. Over time, many recipes have appeared that use a variety of ingredients.
Punch: a classic recipe
Punch - today is the collective name of cocktails, first of all, alcoholic. They contain fruit or juice. Drink is served at parties in large wide bowls, with pieces of fruit floating in them. Punch was brought from India to England in the early 17th century, then it spread to Europe.
Translated from the Hindi punch means "five." This hot drink initially consisted of five components: rum, sugar, lemon juice, boiling water and tea. The sailors of the East India Company brought it to England from England (at first it was made on the basis of brandy, since rum became known only by the end of the 17th century). Over time, the options for cooking punch has become much: fruit juice is common to all.
Punch is often served cold, or make a non-alcoholic cocktail of different juices, with the addition of fresh or canned berries and fruits. In Europe, the drink has long been more popular than its main component - rum. There is an explanation for this: water softens the strength of alcohol, and the spices hide its sharp aroma.
Punch is difficult to spoil even a beginner - it is so easy to prepare. The classic version is prepared on the water. Sugar is dissolved in it, spices are added. A good invigorating drink is unthinkable without a glass of Barbados or Kuban rum or strong aged cognac.
- Tea - 1l
- Sugar - 300 g
- Rum - 1.5 Art.
- Vanilla sugar
- Yolks - 5 pcs.
- In the tea, put the vanilla sugar and sliced lemon peels, close the lid and bring to a boil.
- Beat the yolks well with sugar, pour, with stirring, hot tea. Steam the mixture until thick. Then cool the mixture a little and pour in there, stirring, rum.
- Serve hot.
Cooking punch non-alcoholic
- Orange juice - 3 tbsp.
- Soda - 1.5 Art.
- Sugar syrup - 1.5 st.l.
- Slice orange and peach. Put them in a container in which you will be preparing a punch. Add sugar syrup and mix well. Let the fruit stand for 15 minutes. Then pour the cooled juice.
- Add soda (carbonated drinking water). Stir the punch and let it brew for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
Original punch recipes at home
- Rum - 500 g
- White dry wine - 750 g
- Water - 1 l
- Sugar - 250 g
- Squeeze juice out of citrus fruits, mix it with wine and sugar. Within an hour the mixture will infuse, then put it on fire and heat it.
- Next, add rum, hot water to the drink and mix. Ready punch poured into glasses.
- Black hot coffee - 400 g
- Red wine - Art.
- Cognac - 1 glass
- Sugar - 2 pieces
- Lemon or orange peel
Mix coffee with warmed wine and brandy, add sugar and grated citrus zest.
- Lemons - 10 pcs.
- Sugar - 1kg
- Water - 2 l
- Cognac - 0.4 ml
- Vodka - 0, 5 l
- Oranges - 3pcs.
- Pound oranges and lemons well with sugar. Peel them from the white crust, remove the bones, cut into thin circles and place on a porcelain or ceramic dish. Sprinkle with sugar on top and cover with hot water. When the water has cooled and the sugar has melted, add vodka and brandy to the container.
- Cover the dishes with a warm cloth (a blanket will do), leave to infuse for 3 hours. Strain the liquid, pour it into the punch container.
Everyone can learn how to cook punch, there is nothing complicated about it. Ingredients also allow you to experiment. Try to make a warming drink at home. It will warm in the cold, and in the chilled version will give coolness in the heat.