Schnitzel is a thin layer of pork, lamb, veal, chicken breast, breaded in croutons or flour and deep fried. Originally it was a dish exclusively Viennese cuisine. At present, the recipe has taken root all over the world, and has become one of the favorites for many gourmets.
How to cook a classic schnitzel?
The classic version of the Vienna schnitzel is thin slices of veal in crackers, fried in a lot of oil. For breading only rusks and egg are used, meat is fried in vegetable oil, and served with cream.
- Veal - 6 thin slices
- Eggs - 3 pcs.
- Breadcrumbs - 4-5 Art. l
- Olive oil - for frying
- Butter - 100 g
- Lemon - 6 circles
- Capers and pickles - optional
- Slices veal salt. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Dip meat in an egg. Then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat olive oil well in a pan. Put the meat in the pan.
- Fry the schnitzel in boiling oil from 2 sides to a golden color.
- Put the meat on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Put the fried schnitzel on a serving plate and pour the melted butter.
- Serve with lemon, you can add pickles and capers.
Grilled Pork Schnitzel
When cooking schnitzel, the most important thing is considered to be the right choice of the right part of the meat and the presence of a good hammer to beat it. Brisket is perfect for this dish.
- Pork meat - 1 kg
- Flour - 100 g
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Breadcrumbs - 100 g
- Vegetable oil - 30 g
- Peasant butter - 30 g
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetables - for garnish
- Prepare the meat. Cut into thin slices.
- Each beat with a hammer, salt and pepper.
- Roll each piece of pork into flour.
- Then dip the meat in the egg from all sides.
- After that, pieces of the selected pork are breaded in breadcrumbs.
- Put the griddle on medium heat, heat on it vegetable and butter. Dip pork schnitzel in hot oil.
- Roast meat in a frying pan for 3 minutes, then turn to the other side and fry for 3 minutes. No more! Otherwise, your pork schnitzel will burn out on the outside, and on the inside it will become dry.
- As a garnish to the schnitzels fit any vegetables.
Recipe with mushrooms and apples
- Pork schnitzel - 4 pcs.
- Fresh or frozen white mushrooms - 100 g
- Sweet and sour apple 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. l
- Ground black pepper
- Butter - 30 g
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Ground walnuts - 2 tbsp. l
- Schnitzel well grease with vegetable oil and fry on the grill or on a special grill pan. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap the schnitzel in foil and place in a warm place.
- Finely chop the onion and fry in butter.
- Peel the apple and grate on a coarse grater. Cut the mushrooms into small cubes. Crush nuts on a special grater.
- Add mushrooms to the onions, salt and pepper, fry for 5-7 minutes. Add apples and nuts and fry for 3 minutes.
- Put the fried mixture on the prepared schnitzel.
Schnitzel - a favorite dish of many people. On holidays and weekdays, it can be served on a table, served with a vegetable side dish, salad, potatoes or cereals. Pork makes the most juicy schnitzel, so it is most often used for their preparation. Breadcrumbs add crisp to the dish. Therefore, you should carefully roll in their meat before frying!