Pollock - pretty tasty fish, besides inexpensive. Like all seafood, pollock is rich in beneficial trace elements and vitamins. It does not require special dexterity and culinary skills in cooking. Especially tasty is pollock stewed in sour cream.
Tips experienced hostesses and chefs
Knowing the secrets of extinguishing the Pollock will help us prepare tasty and delicate fish:
- As a rule, we purchase frozen fish. Unique freeze protection protects the carcass from drying out. Be sure to defrost the fish naturally or in cold water. If the product is already defrosted, then you should not postpone the preparation of the dish until later. It is also not recommended to freeze the fish again.
- Pollock is a type of fish that is distinguished by its dryness, and all the fat is concentrated in the liver. Cooks believe that the best way to cook it is stewing. Thus, you can maintain the tenderness of meat and the taste characteristics of fish.
- Stew fish under a lid on low heat in a bowl with thick walls - in a cauldron or a saucepan.
- In the process of quenching, the fillet will retain its shape, if it is pre-aged for 30 minutes in salt water.
- The fish has a neutral taste, so you should not skimp on the seasonings. Spicy flavors will add flavor notes. Do not forget to water the finished dish with lemon juice.
- Classic taste is pollock in a creamy sauce.
- Vegetables are a great addition to the pollock dish.
- Salt in the preparation of pollock is required because it removes excess water and odor. A small part of the milk, poured into a container of fish, relieves it of a specific smell.
- There is enough liquid in the fish, so adding water during the cooking process is not required.
Pollock stewed in sour cream: a recipe with photos
Below there are a recipe for stewed pollock with the addition of potatoes. Prepare this dish and see for yourself the harmonious addition of its vegetables.
- pollock - 4 pcs .;
- lemon juice;
- sour cream - 250 ml;
- salt, pepper, spices;
- dill, spicy blend of herbs for fish;
- water - 1 tbsp .;
- potatoes - 6-7 pieces
- Thoroughly wash the pollock carcass under running water. It is necessary to remove all black film inside.
- Dry prepared pollock backs with paper kitchen towels. The fish is ready to cook your favorite dish.
- We cut the pollock carcasses into 4-5 cm portions.
- Place the fish in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Leave nourish the fish in the juice.
- Clean and rinse the potatoes.
- We will cut each potato into thin slices and put it in a cauldron with thick walls, after having smeared it with softened butter.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil the potatoes until half cooked in a little water.
- Drain the remaining water from the potatoes and lay the fish on top.
- Prepare the cream sauce. Introduce salt, pepper and finely chopped dill into sour cream.
- All mix thoroughly and add a glass of water.
- Fill the potatoes with fish obtained sauce.
- We put stew our dish. After boiling we boil potatoes with pollock slices for 20-30 minutes on low heat under the lid closed.
Cooking pollock fillet with vegetables
We share an interesting recipe for cooking fillet of pollock stewed in sour cream with vegetables. This is a very light and aromatic dish. The ingredients are selected so that the dish will be useful for its properties, rich in color and, most importantly, delicious.
- pollock fillet - 600 g;
- cherry tomatoes - 200 g;
- leek - 50 g;
- broccoli - 500 g;
- garlic - 1 tsp;
- olive oil - 1 tsp;
- rice flour - 50 g;
- salt - to taste;
- black pepper;
- sour cream - 250 ml with fat content of 20%.
- Prepare vegetables for fish.
- We sort broccoli into inflorescences and boil in salted water until the cabbage is soft. Fold boiled cabbage pieces into a colander.
- We cut leek into slices and tomatoes into cubes.
- Pour olive oil into the pan with high sides.
- Lay out sliced onions, tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the pollock fillets into portions, dip on both sides in flour.
- Fry fish in a frying pan until golden brown.
- On the vegetable cushion put the slices of pollock.
- Fill the prepared ingredients with sour cream and simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- You can dilute the sour cream with boiled water.
- Add zest to the stewed fish in sour cream by preparing broccoli sauce. Heat the garlic butter in the pan. Remove the garlic after 5 minutes and fry broccoli in this oil.
- Beat the blender into a uniform mashed potatoes prepared broccoli florets.
- Serve pollock stew in sour cream with sauce, seasoned with your favorite aromatic herbs for fish.
Apple Fish - Chef's Dish
Another good recipe for stewed pollock in sour cream with apples.
- pollock - 600 g;
- apples - 5 pcs .;
- onions - 2 pcs .;
- sour cream - 225 ml;
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- salt - to taste;
- pepper - to taste.
- Pollock fillet washed and cut into pieces.
- We wash the apples with running water, peel and core them.
- Remove the husks from onions, wash and cut into half rings.
- Put the ingredients in layers in an oiled form: fish, apples, onions.
- Salt, pepper to taste and pour sour cream.
- Put the stew on a slow fire for 20-30 minutes until cooked.
Recipes pollock stewed in sour cream, you can diversify and add carrots, garlic, ginger. It all depends on your taste and fantasy. Each dish will acquire special shades if it is cooked with love. Successes and inspiration! We hope that you will succeed!