Hostess peresalila soup. What to do? How to fix this trouble? First of all, convince yourself that nothing terrible has happened and your hands are still growing from where you need to. Both the girls in love and the pragmatic experienced housewives manage to overshoot the food. It is necessary not to do the situation of the tragedy, and treat it as an excellent opportunity to gain experience for the future. So let's calm down and start saving the soup.
Rate the scale of the tragedy
Before proceeding with resuscitation measures to rescue the first dish, it is necessary to determine the degree of salting. Let's conditionally divide it into three degrees of severity.
- Call it like this: "The last pinch of salt was superfluous." You can eat there, but eaters frown and wash down the first dish with water. Edible, but the taste is not the same.
- Perezol moderate - almost inedible, excess salt can be clearly felt, instead of a tablespoon of salt should be put tea.
- The soup is spoiled, it seems hopeless. Only a miracle can save him. There is a feeling that the entire salt shaker was inadvertently knocked over into the pan.
- A little salting can be neutralized by adding a small amount of acid - lemon juice or refried tomato paste. As in the case of sour cream, this method is suitable for soup, borscht, oxalic or mushroom soup.
- You can add ingredients. If the soup is already quite thick, and you have a small amount of time, try to remove some of the contents with a skimmer and replace it with a new one. This applies to potatoes, pasta and cereals.
- If you don’t have time for finishing a new batch of ingredients, or you’re afraid of breaking their balance, put them in gauze and boil as much as you can, and then remove the bag. Broth will only benefit from this.
- The exception is chicken noodles, because it does not tolerate long heat treatment. In this case, use another method. You can save this dish by filtering the broth without pasta and boiling a couple of tablespoons of rice in it. Again, filtering it and throwing out the rice, pour the broth back.
- Add a pinch of sugar. The taste will become brighter, and a slight excess of salt will no longer be felt.
How to save salty soup moderate?
What should I do if the soup is salted heavily? You can also try to neutralize a more serious surplus of salt by adding ingredients, but in this case you should not rely on greens and sour cream. Consider the most rational ways.
- Adding rice. For this occasion, adding a handful of cereals to the soup will no longer be enough. You will need more rice, and it is better to cook it not in a common saucepan, but in the broth filtered from the soup separately. You can put it in cotton fabric, you can wrap gauze. But, in order to get rid of the taste of boiled rags (or the psychological sensation of this taste), it is better to use a ready-made bag of rice for cooking or even two. After cooking, the cereal is removed, and the broth is drained back.
By the way, the rice cooked in packets does not have to be thrown away. It will turn out even more delicious than just boiled in water. Thanks to the salted soup, you get a great side dish for the second course.
- Instead of rice, you can use roots - potatoes and carrots. They should be cleaned, rinsed well and cooked whole, avoiding cooking. If you are afraid to digest the soup, squeeze the broth and act as a priest only with it. Cooked vegetables can be cooled and used in a salad. The easiest salad of such potatoes - cut it into cubes or crush, add vegetable oil, sliced green onions and dill.
- Use sugar to fight salt! A pinch in this case will not save the situation completely, but in combination with other resuscitation measures it will even help the over-salted dish. If you are afraid to shake up the soup, use refined sugar, and even better - lump sugar: it dissolves more slowly. Wait until the cube is thoroughly soaked, but remove it before it is finally dissolved in the broth. This method is best used for the first dishes that contain acid (soup, oxalic soup, borsch).
- Egg. The meaning of this method is simple: a raw chicken egg is broken and mixed into the salted soup. An undesirable consequence is white lumps floating in the soup. If their appearance doesn’t spoil your life at all or you have time to catch floating pieces, armed with a skimmer, then great. However, it is possible to advise a simpler way: put a colander or a strainer into the broth and do this operation right in it. After the protein has coagulated, just take out the colander along with the egg.
- The crust of black bread, preferably stale, also tends to draw off excess salt. Put it in the soup and wait until it is soaked, and then throw it away.
- In the absence of a crust, you can use the flour poured into a bag of gauze, but leave this method as a last resort, as the soup will lose its transparency and its beautiful appearance.
What to do if you oversalt the soup completely and irrevocably?
This case in no way cancels all previous recommendations, but, apparently, they will not be enough, and you have to resort to at least - replacing part of the broth with boiled water. We deliberately leave this simplest and most effective way to the most extreme case, since it will entail a deterioration in the taste of the dish.
If the soup is thick enough, just add water, otherwise part of the broth will have to be sacrificed. Soup after this should be well boiled and let stand.
Cast broth is not necessary to pour, it can be frozen into cubes and used in the preparation of sauces and other soups.
After the situation is corrected, it's time to work on the bugs in order to prevent overshooting in the future.
- During boiling broth it should not be salted at all. This will make it more saturated, since the meat will give him all its juices.
- Before laying the ingredients, add only a portion of the amount of salt that seems sufficient to you. Finally dosolite after sample almost ready meals.
- Consider boiling broth, if you do not expect to add it. And to add water after boiling is generally undesirable.
- If you add seasonings containing salt or pickles to the broth, pickle the soup is generally better at the end.
- Do not try the soup after you have eaten something salty or spicy.
Thus, at the disposal of any hostess there are quite a few ways to improve the condition of the first course. It is noteworthy that this does not require any exotic ingredients: to the aid of your reputation as a culinary specialist will come the products that can be found in any kitchen. The main thing is not to get confused and remember that any situation can be remedied if you do not give up in time!