We often ask ourselves what to make for breakfast, but we are content with only coffee and sandwiches. Of course, time is limited in the morning, so there is no time to cook delicious dishes. But the pancake in the pan quickly cooked and can be an excellent alternative to a hearty and nutritious breakfast.
With the world on a thread - a hungry breakfast
Flapjacks are old in almost the same way as all of humanity. People began to prepare this dish as soon as they learned what fire is and how to use it. Since then, this kind of bread has not lost its popularity. Flapjacks are different in shape, taste and filling, and in each country they are prepared in their own way:
- On the Mediterranean coast and in the far eastern countries, unleavened bread, pita, is popular. A special feature of this dish is that during cooking, the dough inside forms numerous layers.
- On the tables of North American Indians you can find a yeast cake called Bannock, which has become the traditional dish of their holiday Pow-wow.
- Residents of Central Asia and the Caucasus Mountains love and respect the well-known lavash, which is used to make delicious shawarma.
- Matnakash is a national Armenian bread made in the form of an oval flatbread. Its crumb is soft and porous, and the crust is an appetizing golden color.
- In India and the surrounding countries they love to make Naan flatbreads, the base of which consists of wheat dough with water.
- Not spared the tradition of frying tortillas and Italy. There, from a different type of dough, they cook the well-known Fokkach, which is also good as a base for pizza.
Try it and you make for breakfast instant cakes in a pan of Moldovan, Indian or Azerbaijani cuisine according to our recipes.
Kutaby with Cheese and Herbs
Gutabs or kutabs are simple pancakes in a frying pan, which are very popular in Azerbaijan. These breads are baked from unleavened crescent-shaped dough with various fillings of cottage cheese, cheese, pumpkin, meat, greens and onions. You will also appreciate what true Caucasian hospitality means.
- soft cheese - 300 g;
- cilantro or parsley - 20 g;
- sour cream - 1 tbsp .;
- ghee - 25 g;
- flour - 1 tbsp .;
- water - ½ st .;
- lean oil - 1 tbsp. l
- In a deep bowl, mix the sifted flour with salt.
- Add some warm water, vegetable oil and knead the stiff dough.
- When kneading with a spoon becomes difficult, we shift the contents of the bowl onto the table. Ready dough roll into a small elastic ball.
- Now, if there is an extra half hour of time, we wrap the dough with film and send it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- If you wait until the dough has a rest, there is no time, we divide it into pieces, and we roll each of them into a ball.
- On the same table, sprinkled with flour, from each ball roll out a thin cake, measuring about 20 to 30 centimeters.
- Then, grate a piece of soft cheese on a fine grater. It is best to choose a sour variety.
- With the green twigs we remove the legs and finely cut the leaves. Mix greens with cheese.
- We spread the filling on the cake so that the cheese with greens occupied only the lower part of the layer.
- We roll the cake in half, we firmly edge the edges and cut off the remains of the dough.
- Fry the blanks in a hot pan without fat on both sides for 3-4 minutes.
- Finished Kutaby grease with melted butter.
- Serve flat cakes with cheese and herbs with delicious homemade sour cream.
Have you ever been to Moldova? If yes, then surely they had time to try a special kind of cake - plies. Such flat cakes can be easily and quickly cooked in your home kitchen.
- flour - 1 and ½ st .;
- water - 1 tbsp .;
- vinegar - 1 tsp;
- vegetable oil - 6 tbsp. l .;
- boiled eggs;
- Prepare unleavened dough. To do this, in a deep bowl, mix vinegar with water and add 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil.
- Then in small portions, stirring constantly with a spoon, add flour. When it becomes difficult to knead, we shift the contents of the bowl to the desktop with flour and continue to knead for about 10 minutes.
- Check the readiness of the test is very simple: lightly press down on top of it, and if it springs, then knead enough.
- Leave the dough to rest for 20-30 minutes, but for now let's do the preparation of the filling.
- We knead boiled eggs with a fork or finely rub, mix with greens. Optionally, you can add a little sour cream.
- Cut off a small piece of the finished dough and stretch it well with your hands. You do not need to roll, as the dough itself is very soft and stretches perfectly.
- We shift the cake on the table, oiled, and tighten the edges.
- In the center of the seam lay out the filling and pack, wrapping each edge in the form of a square.
- The resulting envelopes are fried in a hot skillet on each side for 5 minutes, until the dough is browned.
- The finished dish must be seasoned with melted butter and served with sour cream.
Aerial indian puri
Quickly and simply the pancake is prepared on the water in the pan, which is very convenient when there is no time at all. Just a few minutes, and an unusual interesting dish already pleases your household.
- flour - 1 tbsp .;
- warm water - ½ st .;
- vegetable oil - 1 tsp;
- a pinch of salt.
- In a deep bowl you need to pour the flour, add salt and water, knead the dough.
- Then you need to pour vegetable oil into the bowl and continue kneading the dough already on the working surface.
- Elastic and elastic dough should be allowed to rest for about half an hour, and then divide it into equal parts.
- Form a small ball out of each piece of dough and slightly flatten it with your hands, and then roll it out with a rolling pin.
- Put the pan on the fire and heat the vegetable oil, the amount of which, choose the size of the roaster, but not more than for frying pancakes.
- Fry each flatbread in hot oil on both sides until golden and golden brown, and then put on a paper napkin.
- Ready-made airy and crispy puri are supposed to be served hot on the table.
How to cook fast flat cakes in a pan is a matter of taste, but you should not limit your horizons to only knowledge of national cuisine. Try replacing bored muffins and pancakes with unusual oriental bread or fragrant Ukrainian pampushkas. Enjoy your meal!