Paneer is an Indian homemade cheese that tastes like Adyghe cheese. Paneer is made from milk, so it is rich in easily digestible protein. This cheese is low calorie, contains a lot of calcium and phosphorus. At the same time, abomasum, preservatives and dyes are not included in the composition of paneer, as in purchased cheeses. Paneer quickly restores energy and strength.
The composition of the paneer:
To make 1 kg of cheese you will need:
- milk (4-5% fat) - 4 l
- lemon (lime) - 1 pc
- salt (optional)
- spices (optional)
- greens (optional)
Method of cooking paneer:
- Pour the milk into a large saucepan and put on the fire. Add salt, selected spices (turmeric, pepper, paprika, curry), greens (basil, parsley, marjoram, rosemary). Before milk boils, squeeze the juice of half a lemon (lime) into it. If there is no lemon on hand, replace it with half a teaspoon of vinegar or citric acid previously diluted in warm water.
- Stir the mixture with a wooden spatula, and when it boils, pour the juice of the remaining half of the lemon (lime) into it.
- Milk will begin to gradually turn off. It disintegrates into a translucent liquid (whey) and lumps of cheese.
- Prepare a container and, carefully mixing the resulting mass and removing it from the heat, pour it there through a sieve and 2 layers of gauze.
- Let the serum drain. Serum can be used to make pancakes, add to stewed vegetables, or make the base soup.
- Tight wrap the edges of the gauze and squeeze out excess water. Shift the cheese into a deep or flat plate, cover with another plate and put a load on it.
- If you like soft soft taste of cheese, keep the load for a short time (10-15 minutes), and if more dense - up to 30 minutes.
Paneer is combined with a large number of sauces, spices and herbs. It is fried in dough, stewed with vegetables and rice, added to salads, stuffed with desserts. If desired, you can add nuts, green peas, and Bulgarian pepper to the cheese. Experiment and cook healthy and tasty food for yourself and your loved ones. Enjoy your meal!