There is a version that the cheesecake is a native Italian product. The progenitor of the modern dessert is the rustic cottage cheese cake, which the Italians love so much. Cheesecake in the form in which we used to see it in the cafeterias and on the shelves of pastry shops, appeared in 1929.
Its creator was Arnold Reben, an American cook. He made one single change to the recipe, which turned the Italian cake into a New York cheesecake: instead of cottage cheese, Philadelphia cream cheese is used in desserts.
Calorie and nutritional value of cheesecake
If you decide to cook a cheesecake "New York", you should know the caloric content of this product: there are 300 kilocalories per 100 g of product. Of this amount of calories, 6.5 g is protein, 25.85 is fat, and 28.25 is carbohydrate. As a rule, about 232 g are contained in one serving. If you eat the whole piece of dessert, your body will contain more than 2 times the specified calories, fats, proteins and carbohydrates. 100 g of cheesecake provides the body with calories for 19% of the daily requirement.
The classic recipe for cheesecake "New York"
Cheesecake "New York" - a classic dish of Americans, which has gained a reputation as an expensive and pathetic dessert in our cafeterias. But if you have patience, you can always please guests or members of the household with a delicious and delicious dessert. To replenish your cookbook, we offer you a cheesecake "New York" - a recipe with a photo will help you better understand the cooking procedure.
- butter - 70 g;
- crumbly biscuits - 150 g;
- Fatty cream - 20 ml;
- Philadelphia cheese - 650 g;
- sugar - 100 g;
- 2-3 chicken eggs;
- vanillin - 1 tsp;
- salt - a pinch.
- We take out all the products from the refrigerator in advance and give them the opportunity to purchase room temperature.
- Cooking sand layer. To do this, grind a cookie in a blender until it becomes a crumb.
- Put baking paper on the bottom of the baking dish. The edges of it should be slightly out of shape.
- Mix sand crumb with naturally melted butter. If the oil is stoked in a microwave, you can spoil the consistency of the base.
- The resulting mass is mixed by hand and laid a uniform layer on the bottom of the form.
- Ready basis must be removed in the refrigerator.
- Mix with a cheese mixer with sugar. The speed should be low, so as not to mix, but not to beat the prepared mass.
- Add here the eggs, one by one, carefully stirring each egg. Do not rush, otherwise the air bubbles ruin the whole dessert.
- Now you can add cream.
- We take out from the refrigerator a form with a base and pour the received mass of filling on it.
- Heat the oven to 110-150 degrees and bake for at least half an hour.
When you put the cheesecake in the oven, take into account the diameter of the mold: the temperature and the baking time of the dessert depend on it. After cooking, let the cheesecake cool. To do this, it should be removed in the refrigerator, as the dessert is served cold.
Variations in the recipe: how to replace the cheese "Philadelphia"
When reading classic cheesecake recipes presented on the pages of culinary magazines, many are afraid of the high cost of cheese needed for baking. And in some stores it is completely absent. Many housewives do not know what to replace the cheese "Philadelphia" in a cheesecake, so they simply refuse the idea to cook it. And in vain: everything can be replaced! In order to avoid any problems, we will tell you which analogues of the famous cheese can be found on the shelves of our grocery stores.
An excellent Philadelphia substitute is Arla Natura Creamy cheese. If this cheese has already disappeared from the stores, then you can try cream cheese from domestic producers: Almette, Hochland, Bon Krem, Kaymak. But it is better not to use processed cheeses, cottage cheese or mascarpone.
There are several options for baking cheesecake.
- Cooking dessert in the oven is one of the easiest. You can set the temperature from 110 to 150 degrees and bake on it until full cooking. Or, preheat the oven to 200 degrees, place the mold in it, bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 110 and leave for another hour and 20 minutes. It is necessary to closely monitor the progress of baking. If the dessert starts to burn, then in the end you get a regular cake, not a cheesecake.
- Another way to bake - on the steam bath. It is believed that this is how a real cheesecake is prepared. We wrap the form with a “semi-finished product” tightly with foil so that water does not get inside. Then take a baking sheet of larger volume than the form with a cheesecake, and pour water. The water level should reach the middle of a smaller form. In the oven heated to 170 degrees we place our entire water structure. We bake at least 50 minutes.
Cheesecake is eaten cold, so it is very important to let the dessert cool. It has to cool correctly, otherwise the filling will crack, and the taste will be distorted. After the oven turns off, do not rush to remove the pan. Allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven with the door open. It will take up to one hour. But this is not all. We must give it another 30 minutes to stand at room temperature. Only after that you can hold the knife along the walls of the form. Now feel free to put the dessert in the fridge. It is advisable that he insist for at least 6 hours, or maybe all night. The longer the cooling process will be, the better the cheesecake will be. That's it, your favorite dessert is ready!
How to decorate a cheesecake?
Cheesecake "New York" - a very tasty and high-calorie product. Delicate texture gives it an irreplaceable exquisite taste. This dessert can pamper households or surprise guests. For beauty, put ripe fruit (strawberries, raspberries) on top of the finished product - they will not only decorate the cheesecake, but also give it a very unusual, slightly sour taste. Do not be afraid to experiment and use different cheeses every time to find your perfect cheesecake recipe.