Every housewife loves to pamper her household with delicious, exquisite and unusual pastries. To date, the cake can be considered a classic dessert, which is prepared not only on holidays. There are many different recipes, but everyone's favorite for several decades now remains the classic Napoleon cake with custard. As you know, its basis is made of puff pastry cakes, but the cream gives a special taste to this baking. About how to cook the most delicious and delicate custard for Napoleon, and will be discussed today.
The best recipe for gourmet toppings
Many housewives prefer to lubricate the cakes for Napoleon classic custard. This is the taste of everyone's favorite cake familiar to us since childhood. The traditional recipe, which is used by experienced confectioners, is very complex, and its preparation requires a lot of time and effort. However, modern housewives slightly simplified the recipe for custard, so cook it as quickly as possible. And to taste it is no different from the classic cream, which requires thorough kneading and infusion.
- milk (with a fat content of at least 2.5%) - 0.5 l;
- granulated sugar - 200 g;
- chicken eggs - 4-5 pcs .;
- vanilla sugar (vanilla essence) - 5-10 g;
- high-grade flour - 40-50 g.
- Classic custard is actually quite simple to cook. At home, you can cook a cream that tastes no different from the filling prepared by experienced pastry chefs.
- Take a separate deep dish and hammer eggs into it.
- Add granulated sugar to the eggs and mix well. To do this, you can use a mixer. On the egg-sugar mass should form a small foam.
- To the resulting sugar-egg mass, add the right amount of flour, vanilla sugar and mix everything well.
- Then to this mass you need to add milk. It is best to use chilled milk. Pre-warm it is not necessary.
- After you mix the egg-sugar mixture with milk, put the dishes on the stove over medium heat.
- The cream must bring to a boil and do not forget to stir constantly.
- If you want the cream to be thicker, then after boiling, continue cooking it for about 7-10 minutes more. Watch the consistency: when the cream thickens, remove it from the fire.
- Let the cream stand and cool it to a temperature of about 50 °.
- It’s so easy to make a classic custard. After cooling, grease cream cakes.
How to make vanilla cream?
As already mentioned, the number of simplified and very tasty custard recipes is increasing every day. The hostesses come up with various cooking options for the famous classic cream. Let's take a look at how to make Napoleon custard with a hint of vanilla.
- butter (softened) - 250 g;
- powdered sugar - 250-300 g;
- milk of any fat content - 300 ml;
- flour - 40 g;
- Take two separate bowls and pour milk in both. Divide the total portion into equal parts.
- In one container with milk, add the right amount of flour, and in the other - vanilla sugar.
- Mix separately each mixture thoroughly. It is best to use a mixer or blender.
- Then take the milk mixed with vanilla sugar and place it on the stove.
- When the mixture begins to boil, pour in the second part of the milk. Do not forget to constantly stir up the preparing custard.
- After the cream has thickened properly, leave it off the stove and allow it to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, you need to soften the butter slightly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter and the prepared icing sugar. All must be thoroughly whipped with a whisk or a mixer.
- Add the prepared mass to the cooled milk mixture and whisk thoroughly.
- Cooked custard you can lubricate the cake cakes for Napoleon.
The recipe for the most delicate filling with creamy taste
To lubricate the cakes of Napoleon, you can make butter cream. It is prepared very simply and quickly enough.
- chicken eggs (yolks) - 3 pcs .;
- milk of any fat content - 300 ml;
- granulated sugar - ½ st .;
- flour - 2 tbsp. l .;
- butter - 200 g
- Separate the yolks from the eggs and place them in separate dishes.
- Add granulated sugar to yolks and mix well. You should have a homogeneous mass with a small foam on the surface.
- Sift the flour and add it to this mixture. Gradually stirring the egg-sugar mixture, pour a thin stream of 185 ml of chilled milk.
- Pour the rest of the milk into deep dishes and set on medium heat. During the boiling of milk, it is necessary to add a mixture of whipped in advance. Do not forget to constantly stir the cream, otherwise it can burn or turn out to be heterogeneous.
- After the whole mixture is slightly thickened and boils, remove it from the stove and cool.
- When the cream has cooled to about 40 °, add melted or slightly softened butter. Mix everything well.
- Creamy custard ready.
Cream with condensed milk
If you like condensed milk, then you should definitely try to cook the cream with its addition. The taste of the cream is very delicate and refined. This layer in the cake will surely please your household.
- milk - 250 ml;
- granulated sugar - 2 tsp;
- softened butter - 100 g;
- high-grade flour - 2 tsp;
- condensed milk - 200 ml;
- vanilla sugar or essence.
- Take a separate dish and pour the milk into it, add the sifted flour and granulated sugar.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Put the whipped mass on the stove and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Do not forget to constantly stir the cream so that it does not burn.
- When the mixture has cooled to about 40 °, add well-softened butter.
- Whip all ingredients using a blender or mixer.
- Then add condensed milk and vanilla sugar and mix everything thoroughly again.
- Custard with condensed milk is ready to eat.
"Napoleon" with custard: a recipe with photos
The taste of the cake as a whole depends not only on the prepared cream, but also on the cake layers. You can purchase puff pastry at the store and use them for cake. But if you want to surprise your households by baking personal preparations, then try baking a layered napoleon with custard. In this recipe, we consider in detail the method of cooking cakes. To prepare the cream, you can use any of the above recipes.
- Table vinegar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- high-grade flour - 225 g;
- cold water - 150 ml.
- Take the flour and sift it well. Then pour the sifted flour into a deep container.
- In the middle of the flour, make a small depression and pour water and vinegar into it.
- Then start kneading the dough. Put the mass on the table and knead until the dough is elastic. Kneading puff pastry needs a very long time to make it airy and not explode when rolled.
- Then roll out a rectangle of dough and put a pack of butter in the center.
- Cover the butter with the dough and continue to roll. The rectangle should increase in size by about 3 times.
- After that, fold the dough again in three layers and put in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Then repeat all the actions three times, starting with putting out butter and rolling the cake.
- The resulting dough should be cut into two equal parts and rolled into layers in accordance with the size of the pan.
- Put a layer of dough on a baking tray and slightly pierce it with a fork in different edges.
- You need to bake the cake in the oven at a temperature threshold of 220 ° for about 20 minutes.
- Make the right amount of cakes depending on the desired height of the cake Napoleon.
- Smear the baked cakes well with cooked custard.
To make the cake very tasty and delicious, use the advice of experienced pastry chefs:
- knead the puff dough well;
- you can buy ready-made layers of puff pastry;
- cook the custard according to the rules, mixing it thoroughly until you get the desired consistency;
- decorate the cake with nuts, dried fruit, fruit, powder, ground grated cakes, etc.
Indulge your household and bake delicious Napoleon, loved by all since childhood. And the above recipes custard will help you create a truly pastry masterpiece. Cook with pleasure!