If you read the story of Astrid Lindgren in childhood, known to all under the name "Carlson, who lives on the roof," then probably remember that the kid treated his friend with meatballs. But it is Sweden that is considered the birthplace of this meat dish. Today we will cook meatballs with gravy in a slow cooker.
The modern owner is very difficult to properly plan their time, because a woman is not just a keeper of the hearth, she also goes to work and is engaged in social activities. Due to the enormous load and excessive fatigue, every woman simply needs an assistant in the kitchen.
Household appliances manufacturers took into account the wishes of modern housewives and invented a slow cooker. This kitchen appliance has become indispensable. You can simply prepare all the ingredients and put them in a multi bowl. You no longer need to spend hours in the kitchen, standing at the stove and constantly stirring the dish so that it does not burn.
Today we look at how to cook meatballs with gravy in a slow cooker. This meat dish of Swedish origin is considered very popular in the menu of Russian cuisine. A few tips will help you to accurately reproduce the classic recipe for cooking meatballs:
- For the preparation of meat base, you can choose any filet - pork, beef, fish, chicken, turkey, etc.
- Juicy meatballs will give pork and beef fillet, but poultry or fish meat can be dryish.
- Mandatory ingredient in meatballs is rice cereal, but you can replace it with buckwheat.
- We do not boil the rice beforehand, we just boil it with boiling water - so meatballs will better retain their original shape and will not disintegrate.
- When forming meatballs, please note that in the process of heat treatment, they will increase in volume by about 1.5-2 times.
- Chicken eggs will play the role of a binding element and will not allow the meatballs to break up into small particles.
- A mixture of peppers, salt and other seasonings added exclusively to taste.
- Roasted vegetables, in particular, carrots and onions, can be added to the gravy or directly to the stuffing.
- Multivarice cup must be lubricated with creamy or vegetable refined oil. Olive oil is not suitable for this purpose, because its specific flavor will spoil the dish.
- Classic gravy is made from tomato juice, pasta or fresh tomatoes.
- Want to cook meatballs in a new way? Make a cheese, sour cream or cream sauce.
- Meatballs with gravy in the Redmond multicooker simmer for 40 minutes at a temperature of 100 °.
- For a variety of taste in sour cream, cream or cheese sauce, add garlic cloves, crushed under a press.
- Tomato sauce is in harmony with chopped greens.
- If you are cooking meatballs from poultry or fish fillets, add grated melted cheese to the sauce. So you will not only make the dish juicy, but also give it an additional savory taste and aroma.
- And do not forget to choose the appropriate software mode in accordance with the functionality and technical parameters of the multicooker.
Swedish classic: cooking delicious croquettes
So, you already know the basic rules for using a slow cooker. The uniqueness of the method of cooking meatballs in a slow cooker is that you can delay the start of the program mode for a long time. It is very convenient: in the evening you prepared all the ingredients, and in the morning fragrant, juicy and hot meatballs are already on your table. Let's cook meatballs in a slow cooker with gravy. Step-by-step recipe will help you do everything right and, most importantly, delicious.
- 0.6 kg of any stuffing;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- fresh carrots - 1 pc .;
- ½ tbsp. rice cereal;
- Onion - 1 pc .;
- 2 tbsp. l tomato paste;
- to taste seasonings.
- Peel the onions and carrots, and then grind.
- In the capacity of the multicooker pour vegetable refined oil and lay out the chopped vegetables.
- We pass onions and carrots in the program "Baking" to full readiness. Do not close the lid.
- Put the minced meat in a deep bowl and add rice, egg and seasonings.
- Boil rice or boil over boiled water.
- Add the tomato paste to the browned vegetables and mix everything well.
- Sculpt meatballs. They are bigger in size than meatballs, but smaller than meatballs.
- Putting meatballs over sautéed vegetables.
- Pour warm filtered water so that it completely covers the meatballs.
- If desired, add to taste leaf laurel and other spices.
- We expose the program mode "Quenching". We start the timer for 60 minutes.
- After giving the sound signal, fold the meatballs on plates and serve to the table with your favorite side dish.
A simple recipe for meatballs: the most useful and tasty
Each housewife, perhaps, has his favorite meatball recipe. Without exception, women know that food should not only be tasty and fragrant, but also very useful. Let's try to cook meatballs in a slow cooker with gravy and vegetable notes. The recipe is very simple, write it down.
- 0.5 kg minced meat;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- sesame seeds;
- sweet Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc .;
- Onion - 1 pc .;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- fresh tomatoes - 5 pcs .;
- 2-3 art. l cabbage puree;
- Spread cooled minced meat in a deep bowl.
- Finely chop fresh cabbage or grind in a blender to the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Add chopped cabbage and chicken egg to bowl with minced meat, season with salt and mix everything thoroughly.
- Sculpt the meatballs and roll them in sesame seeds.
- Fry the meatballs lightly in a pan or in a slow cooker.
- In the meantime, do the sauce. Sweet bell pepper washed, cleaned of seeds and stalks and grind.
- Fresh tomatoes, onions and carrots are also ground.
- We expose the program mode "Frying" and passurize vegetables. Add some water if necessary.
- Spread fried meatballs in sauce and set stew for 50-60 minutes.
- Ready meatballs sprinkle with chopped herbs.
Meatballs are very simple to cook, and you can use any meat or fish fillets as a basis. The choice of recipe depends entirely on your taste preferences. Meatballs will be a full dish to the daily table. And in the process of their preparation in a slow cooker, they retain a maximum of beneficial properties and taste. Enjoy your meal!