Any mushroom picker knows how tasty the pickled pickles are for the winter. With this method of processing, these mushrooms can be fried, added to soups, pies and even made of pies! The main thing is to prepare the pot, in which the vinegar and spices will be balanced, and also to choose good mushrooms for harvesting.
As with the preparation of any dish, it is very important to pay due attention when harvesting canned oil on the quality of mushrooms. This species is considered one of the most common. Butters are also called Russian mushrooms - our ancestors loved them very much. They grow in bright and cool places with whole glades. It is easy to recognize a mushroom - it has a spheroid cap that protrudes upward from the very center. The surface of the fungus is rather slippery. Apparently, for this he got his name.
There are many edible types of butter. But, unfortunately, it is possible to meet false ones. Their main difference is the spongy layer of a reddish hue. Also, if such a mushroom is broken, then its cut will begin to change color.
It is considered that boiled butter, like any other mushrooms, should be boiled before any kind of cooking. This applies even edible species. The fact is that they are able to absorb bad substances from the environment. It is possible to reduce the heat treatment time only if you personally collected oil in an ecologically clean area. Fans of pickled mushrooms should not be afraid. Most recipes include pre-boiling oil.
How to cook marinade for butter?
There are 2 types of cooking marinade. The first is needed so that the mushrooms stand in cans all winter. As a rule, acetic acid is used as a preservative in this case. In the second case, pickled marinated for speedy consumption. Therefore, the ingredients may vary. Preparation boils down to the fact that the mushrooms are thoroughly cleaned and then poured hot marinade. In this form, they can boil for about 15 minutes.
Separately, it is worthwhile to dwell on the cleaning and selection of raw materials for marinating. If you are collecting mushrooms yourself, then for winter conservation it is worth picking up small specimens. The fact is that they are much tastier than old butters, which have already changed the structure of the spongy substance. In addition, mushrooms with small caps are much easier to put in jars. They look more appetizing when prepared. Moreover, they are much easier to eat than old masltes cut into pieces.
As for cleaning, special attention is paid to the cap and the base of the leg. On top of the oil are covered with a thin film. She is advised to take it off before pickling. The easiest way to do this is with a small sharp knife. The remains of the film can be scraped with a hard part of the sponge. The legs of the oil before cutting always cut. Its final length depends on the size of the fungus. Ideally, the pickled leg has a small foot - about 1-1.5 cm.
Important note - cleans oil always need gloves. Mushrooms secrete substances that stain the skin. Without gloves, your hands will remain dark for several days after cleaning.
The recipe for harvesting mushrooms for the winter
- Maslata - 3-4 kg
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Acetic essence 70% - 1 tbsp.
- Water - 900 ml
- Salt - 2 tbsp.
- Sugar - 3 tbsp.
- Carnation - 1 pc.
- Pepper - 5 pcs.
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. on a jar of mushrooms
- Scatter oil into a large basin for cleaning. Fill them with water, wear gloves and peel off any cap films. After that, trim the legs and any damaged areas. Mushrooms move to another basin and rinse under running water.
- We turn to the pre-cooking oil. To do this, put them in the pan and fill with an arbitrary amount of hot water. Large specimens can be pre-cut into 2-3 pieces.
- Put the saucepan over the fire and bring to a boil. At this stage, a drop of vinegar can be dropped into the container. It is believed that thanks to him, the mushrooms do not darken during cooking and marinating.
- Then drain the water. Fill the mushrooms again. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. This will remove all potentially hazardous substances from the oil.
- Well cooked boilers are placed in a colander and allowed to drain. At the same time, the marinade is being prepared in parallel.
- Water is poured into the pot. Slightly heat it and put all the ingredients, except oil and vinegar. In this case, the garlic is cut into small rings. Water is brought to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and keep the pot on the stove for another 5 minutes. The marinade liquid is removed from the heat and allowed to cool. Only after this, vinegar is poured into it.
- Mushrooms are laid out on carefully sterilized banks and pour marinade. Top add the required amount of vegetable oil. You can close the cans with clean plastic covers. In this case, the mushrooms should be stored in the refrigerator.
Spicy marinade for butter
- Maslata - 2 kg
- Water - 1 l.
- Garlic -1 head
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Salt - 1.5 st.l.
- Vinegar 9% - 1 tbsp.
- Coriander - 0.5 tsp.
- Sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Bitter peppercorns - 5 pcs.
- Oil is thoroughly washed from forest debris. Then remove the film from the caps and cut off the legs. To keep the upper part well cleaned, the knife periodically needs to be moistened with water. We iterate over the mushrooms, throwing out badly damaged ones. The remaining oil is poured into a new basin and thoroughly washed.
- Maslata spread in a saucepan and pour water. Add the whole peeled onion, bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes. Mushrooms are drained by placing in a colander.
- In another saucepan pour water and put it on the stove. After it begins to heat up, add salt, sugar, throw spices and garlic into cubes in a liquid.
- Marinade bring to a boil and leave to heat at medium heat for another 3-5 minutes. During this time, the spices should give off the flavor, and the sugar and salt should dissolve.
- After that, pour oil into the liquid. We give the mixture to boil and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Cool the mixture at room temperature and pour vinegar into it. We shift the hot oil together with the marinade on sterilized jars. Close the iron lid. Turn the jars upside down and wrap up with a towel. We store the workpiece in a cellar or a cool place in the apartment.
Marinade for butter is prepared very simply. To begin to heat the water. Then it will lose salt, sugar and spices. Most often they take allspice peas, cloves, coriander, bay leaf, garlic. The mixture is boiled for several minutes. Then she poured pre-boiled mushrooms. Remember that their feet must be cut and the films from the caps cleaned.