Every summer, hoarder hostess make harvesting for the winter. One of the most popular types of preservation is considered to be lecho from Bulgarian pepper, the recipe of which came to us from Hungarian cuisine. There are many options for cooking this tasty and healthy salad, for example, lecho from zucchini and eggplant. However, the real Lecho Hungarians are made from tomatoes and sweet peppers.
How to choose and prepare products?
In order to get healthy not only tasty, but also beautiful, you need to carefully approach the choice of products, especially Bulgarian pepper. The recipe for lecho involves the use of red pepper, but some housewives add both yellow and green. In any case, you need to buy pepper fleshy and ripe. Pay attention to the skin does not have dark spots, and the structure of the pepper was smooth.
Tomatoes for lecho also need to choose ripe - unripe or overripe vegetables can spoil the taste of the dish.
Preparing vegetables for lecho is not difficult. First of all, steps and seeds are extracted from the pepper, and the skin is removed from the tomatoes. All other vegetables should be thoroughly washed and dried.
Recipe lecho of peppers and tomatoes
- tomatoes - 1 kg;
- Bulgarian red sweet pepper - 2 kg;
- onions - 4 pcs .;
- sugar - 1 tbsp .;
- sunflower oil - 1 tbsp .;
- vinegar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- black pepper (ground) - 1 tsp;
- garlic - 10 cloves;
- greens, salt - to taste.
- Peppers and tomatoes need to be cut into four parts, and the onion is cut into half rings.
- Sunflower oil should be heated in the pan (take a large pan with thick walls). As the oil warms up, you need to lay out the onions.
- As soon as you see that the onion has become transparent, add tomatoes and salt. Now for 15-20 minutes you need to stew the vegetables, do not forget to stir them.
- Then add pepper, close the lid and leave the vegetables to stew for about 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Now you need to squeeze through the garlic press, add vinegar and sugar and then stew for 15-20 minutes.
- At the last stage, add spices, mix and bring to readiness (about 10 minutes).
- The finished lecho must be decomposed into pre-washed and sterilized jars and rolled up.
- Banks we put to the bottom up, wrapped with something warm and leave for a day.
Lecho is ready - you can drop it in the cellar or put it in the pantry.
Cooking lecho with carrots does not take you much time. Unlike the classic recipe, tomatoes are not needed here: they are replaced by tomato juice.
- pepper - 50 pcs .;
- onions - 1.5 kg;
- carrots - 0.5 kg;
- tomato juice - 1.5 l;
- vinegar 9% - 1 tbsp .;
- sugar - 200 g;
- sunflower oil - 250 g;
- salt - to taste.
- Pepper should be cut into strips, onions - half rings.
- Carrots must be grated or chopped using a combine.
- Vegetables are placed in a saucepan, add sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and juice from tomatoes - mix everything thoroughly.
- We wait until the lecho reaches a boil, and reduce the heat. Now, stirring, simmer for about half an hour.
- We try lecho on readiness and cork in banks. Next you need to turn the banks and wait until the leco cools.
Exquisite cured sour cream with mushrooms
Lecho can not only be preserved for the winter, but also be prepared as a separate dish for lunch or dinner. If you have a desire to please your family, then be sure to use this recipe.
- Bulgarian pepper - 600 g;
- tomatoes - 600 g;
- fresh mushrooms (variety of any) - 300 g;
- sour cream - 100 g;
- rice - 100 g;
- sunflower oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- onions - 2 pcs .;
- water - 200 ml;
- butter - 1 tbsp. l .;
- salt, ground pepper (red) - to taste.
- Rice should be washed and boiled, then add butter and salt.
- Cut tomatoes into slices, pepper into straws, onions into half rings, mushrooms into plates.
- We take a stewpan and lay out tomatoes, peppers, and rice on top (each of them needs to be salted a little).
- Fry onions and mushrooms in a pan. Then add sour cream, water, ground pepper - it turned out the sauce.
- Add the sauce to the saucepan to the vegetables and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Then put the stewpan in the preheated oven, leave it open to form a crisp, and bring the lecho to readiness.
Little secrets of delicious lecho
The preparation of each dish has its own secrets, which make it unsurpassed in taste. If you make lecho from Bulgarian pepper for the winter, then follow two rules:
- Tomatoes and peppers need to be cut into approximately identical pieces - then your lecho will look attractive;
- Lecho is better to roll into half-liter jars - then it will not be stored for a long time in the refrigerator in the open form and will retain its healthy and taste qualities.
It is worth noting that the Bulgarian pepper is combined with many products, so do not be afraid to experiment. Try to add something new to the dish, and you will definitely delight your loved ones with delicious lecho!