Borsch with prunes is a very tasty dish! Oriental spicy notes will appeal to fans of vegetarian cuisine, and those who watch their figure. And if you fast, borsch with prunes diversifies your menu.
The composition of lean borscht
- Water - 2 l
- Young cabbage - 150 g
- Beets - 1 pc
- Carrots - 1 pc
- Onions - 1pcs
- Prunes - 10-15 pieces
- Young squash - 1pc
- Pepper sweet - 1 piece
- Dill bunch, green onions
- Salt, black pepper, dried basil
Cooking lean borsch with prunes and zucchini
- Rinse the cabbage with cold water, finely chop. To get bitterness out of cabbage, place it in cold water for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash beets and carrots, peel and cut into strips. Peel onions, cut into cubes. Pepper, rinse with warm water, clean from seeds and stems, finely chop.
- Rinse prunes 2-3 times with warm water, pour boiling water for 15 minutes.
- One small zucchini peel off the skin and cut into small cubes.
- Heat a frying pan, add 1 tbsp. vegetable oil. Put onion first, fry it a little. Now add pepper, zucchini, carrots and beets, mix everything. After 5 minutes, pour some water into the pan, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- At this time, boil 2 liters of water. When the vegetables are ready, put them in a saucepan and pour boiling water over it. Add the crumbled dill, pour the water from the prune and put it in the pan. Add basil, black pepper and salt to the soup. Bring the soup to a boil and turn it off. Let it brew for 15 minutes. When serving, decorate with green onions.
Enjoy your meal!