Many ancient dishes of other nations have long occupied a separate niche in our traditional cuisine. One of these universal Tatar dishes is kystyby with potatoes. You will learn the recipes for delicious fragrant cakes in our article.
Observing Tatar traditions: cooking secrets
Kystybyy is delicious Tatar flatbread made from thin aromatic and crisp dough. Most often, these cakes are prepared with mashed potatoes, which plays the role of filling.
Some housewives love to cook this dish, because it not only has excellent taste, but is also considered very easy to digest. Therefore, you can pamper your household and make kystyby for breakfast or dinner. If you are cooking this dish for the first time in Tatar cuisine, then you will certainly need parting words and advice from experienced chefs.
In order to make the cake to be fragrant, not dry, but crunchy, consider the following aspects while cooking:
- The secret of cooking Kystybya lies in the dough. It can be kneaded on a water, dairy, kefir basis.
- Traditional filling is mashed potatoes, but you can add meat fillets, mushrooms or other vegetables.
- Kystyby is fried in a hot, dry frying pan without adding vegetable or butter.
- Flat cakes should be immediately covered with a towel so that they do not dry out and do not become brittle.
- Potato stuffing should be laid out in hot kystyby, and then it is necessary to roll it in half.
- The optimal size of one cake in diameter is 15 cm.
- The dough should be rolled into a thin layer - so the cake will turn out tastier and more tender.
- To make it smooth and not to break along the folds, the surface of the cake on both sides should be abundantly greased with creamy melted butter.
- You can add onions, any greens and seasonings to taste to the potato filling.
Tatar cakes in the Russian way
Today you will learn how to cook delicious kystyby with potatoes. The recipe with a photo step by step will help you to accurately reproduce this ancient Tatar dish. Boil potatoes beforehand and bring mashed potatoes to consistency. For taste, butter, softened butter and milk can be added to mashed potatoes.
As already mentioned, the basis of the test can be water, kefir or milk. We will share with you the recipe for making dough on kefir. After all, it depends on the test taste kystybyya. Some housewives prefer to fry kystyby in vegetable oil, which is why this recipe is considered modified.
- 0.5 liters of kefir;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs .;
- 1 pinch of table soda;
- 0.5-0.7 kg of sifted flour;
- 1 pinch of salt;
- granulated sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- 0.2 kg of butter;
- potatoes for the filling;
- onions - 2-3 pcs .;
- fresh dill;
- 0.1 l of refined vegetable oil;
- 0.5 kg of mushrooms.
- Pre-soften the butter and combine it with chicken eggs.
- Thoroughly mix the mass until a homogeneous consistency.
- Then add salt.
- Pour kefir into a separate bowl and mix it with baking soda.
- Combine kefir and oil mixture.
- Add portions of the sifted flour and knead the dough.
- We leave the kneaded dough warm for about half an hour.
- While we knead the dough, you can simultaneously boil the potatoes.
- Mushrooms are washed, cleaned and cut into small pieces.
- Onions are also peeled and finely chopped.
- Fry onions with mushrooms in refined vegetable oil, and boiled potatoes bring mashed potatoes to consistency.
- Mix mashed potatoes with browned mushrooms and onions.
- Already half an hour has expired, and we will start work with the test.
- We divide all the dough into equal pieces.
- Roll out the cakes in diameter, corresponding to the size of the pan.
- We send flat cakes in a frying pan for frying.
- Spread potato and mushroom stuffing on one side of the hot tortilla.
- Gently wrap the opposite edge and on top we coat the cake with melted butter.
Magnificent and porous dough for gypsy
As already mentioned, the whole secret of making delicious Tatar flatbreads lies precisely in kneading dough, because their taste depends on the consistency of the base. We bring to your attention a recipe for dough for gypsby with dairy-based potatoes. The minimum set of products and a little time - that's all you need to prepare a delicious and light snack.
- 0.5 liters of milk;
- to taste fine-grained salt;
- 5 tbsp. Wheat Sifted Flour.
- Prepare all the necessary components, carefully sift the flour.
- Pour the milk into a deep bowl, add fine-grained salt and start portioning the sifted wheat flour.
- Knead the dough so that it becomes a steep consistency.
- Close the bowl with dough film for food and set aside for 25 minutes.
- After the allotted time, proceed to work with the dough and baking kystybyya.
Kystyby without baking - very tasty and fast!
With baking or dough you are not friends? Or maybe you do not have enough time for baking classic kystybyya? You can always use the recipe of simplified flatbread. You do not need to knead the dough, wait until it fits, and then bake kystyby. Everything is much simpler. We take ready pita bread in the nearest culinary department of the store, add stuffing - and a delicious snack is ready. Just because you agree?
- pita sheets - 5 pcs .;
- 6 pieces potato;
- 0.4 liters of hot milk;
- melted butter;
- to taste salt and seasonings.
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until cooked.
- Then using a blender, bring the boiled potatoes to the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- In the process of chopping potatoes, we necessarily add creamy softened butter and hot milk.
- Cut a circle across the diameter of any plate from the pita leaf.
- Put the prepared mashed potatoes on one side of the pita leaf.
- Cover the filling with the opposite edge of the pita bread.
- Using a brush, richly lubricate the surface of the pita bread on both sides with melted butter.
- Here we have such a quick crust without baking.
- To taste, you can add chopped greens, fresh tomatoes or pickled mushrooms to the filling.
If you and your family love culinary experiments, then it's time to cook and taste kystyby. Our housewives have perfected the original Tatar flatbread so much that they can already be considered a national dish. You can replace the potato filling with meat or mushrooms, but do not forget that the basis of this dish is still properly cooked dough. Enjoy your meal!