Many of us love to use this dairy product as part of salads, meats and sandwiches, and by itself. In this regard, the question arises: is it possible to freeze the cheese, if you managed to get it for the future? Storing in the freezer will help prevent the appearance of mold and preserve the product purchased at the sale. How to freeze the cheese, so that in the future it could become the decoration of the table?
What kinds of cheese can you freeze?
To freeze yielded good results, you must choose the right kind of cheese. Solid and semi-solid varieties that do not lose structure and taste after thawing are best suited for these purposes. Soft varieties (cottage cheese, cream cheese, mozzarella, feta, riccotta and others) are best not to freeze.
From further use will depend on how to freeze the cheese. It is necessary to immediately exclude the supply of frozen cheese to the table as an independent dish. The product will look softened and unpresentable. If you decide to put the cheese slices in the freezer, they are perfect for making hot sandwiches. Grated cheese will look good in salads and as a decoration of meat dishes.
Keep the cheese in the freezer can be no more than six months. In the future, thawed product will rapidly lose its structure, taste and visual appeal. The shelf life of grated cheese is limited to 3-6 months, because its consistency is softer and becomes creamy after defrosting. Slices are frozen for a shorter period - up to 3 months.
Storage methods in the freezer will depend on the form in which the product is harvested.
How to make hard cheese?
Hard cheeses can be frozen in pieces of 0.25-0.5 kg, which are placed in the air-and moisture-proof wrapper:
- Put a slice of cheese in waterproof paper.
- Wrap the prepared cheese in food foil, and then in polyethylene. Suitable and plastic container.
- If the cheese was sold tightly packed and did not open, you can freeze immediately.
- From above you need to write the date and type.
- Put the cheese in the freezer.
Thawing of the product should be carried out as slowly as possible. First put the cheese on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. When the piece becomes softer, remove it from the refrigerator and leave it at room temperature. Do not try to defrost cheese in the microwave or under high temperatures. The slower the defrost, the better the product will retain its structure.
Freeze shredded cheese
For this type of freezing, hard varieties are suitable, which are well preserved in the grated condition. Preparation of cheese is carried out in several stages:
- Chop grated cheese or use a special mode in a food processor.
- Pour the product into a polyethylene bag, leaving 5-7 cm of packaging free.
- Tightly close the bag, removing excess air from it.
- Write on the package the name of the variety and the date.
- Place in freezer.
If several packages are frozen, they can be spread out on a baking sheet and well leveled. When the cheese has frozen, the product packages can be piled on top of each other in the freezer.
Defrost grated mass is also necessary at room temperature. If cheese is used for baking or for decorating hot dishes, pre-thawing is not required.
Is it possible to freeze cheese in slices?
The product, cut into thin slices, is needed to make hot sandwiches. It is very convenient to take a slice prepared in advance, place it on bread and warm it up in a microwave to get a tasty breakfast or lunch. Having frozen a large amount of cheese, you will provide yourself with healthy and satisfying food for several months.
- Purchase in the store cheese sliced or chopped cheese on their own thin slices. To do this, use a special knife or kitchen tools. Finished cutting should be pre-inspected so that there is no mold on it.
- Parchment or foil cut into slices to fit the cheese slices.
- Transfer the product sheets of parchment (in 1 blank there should not be more than 10 slices of cheese).
- Wrap stacks of cheese and paper in plastic or put in a plastic container.
- Write on it the date and type of product.
- Packages placed in the freezer. Do not put them too far: the product should be easily accessible.
To make a dish with slices of cheese, you must open the bag or container and separate the slice from the paper layer. Pieces can be put immediately on hot toasts or another dish, as well as form sandwiches with them for the brakes. By lunch, these sandwiches thawed and will be very tasty.
- Soft cheese can be frozen as part of other dishes, such as pizza blanks.
- Frozen soft cheese is well suited as part of a sauce or ketchup.
- These types of freeze suitable for industrial cheeses. Homemade product is usually obtained much softer, softer, and it is stored much less.
- Check the cleanliness of the packaging in which the blank is placed.
- If you plan to cook specific dishes with cheese, the product can be weighed in advance and distributed into portions.
Is it possible to freeze the cheese in the freezer? The answer will be yes in the case of solid industrial varieties. With the observance of technology, you will receive a delicious and preserved appearance product that will decorate the festive table or give a highlight to the daily food.