Dried or dried meat - a product with excellent taste and high protein content. It is a good snack, nutritious snack on the road and a great addition to various dishes. Unfortunately, not many people know how to dry meat at home to preserve its taste. Correct this space!
The advantages of the meat delicacy prepared on its own are obvious: the safety of nutrients, rich taste, the absence of artificial additives. In addition, dried homemade meat is an economical and easy way to cook it tasty. All that is needed for this is a large amount of salt and spices (although, if you do not like them, you can only get by salting).
How to dry different types of meat at home?
You can cook in your own kitchen any meat: beef, lamb, pork, poultry and even game. But, in order to end up with the delicacy, in any case, it’s tasty, tender, truly melting in the mouth and also retains all its nutritional properties, you should use slightly different cooking technologies and spices.
How to dry meat at home: a recipe for beef, lamb, game
Hard, lean meat, not as fat as pork, it is desirable to marinate in brine before drying. It will turn out more aromatic and more tender.
- 500 grams of beef, or veal, or lamb;
- 1 l of water;
- 2 tbsp. l salts;
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 2 bay leaves;
- 1 tbsp. l a mixture of ground peppers (black, red, white, fragrant);
- 1 handful of juniper berries;
- 2 tbsp. l hops suneli;
- 1 tbsp. l coriander;
- 5 black peppercorns.
- Rinse the meat and clean the tendons and films.
- Cook the pickle. Boil water and add bay leaf, peppercorns, sugar and salt to it. Boil all 2-3 minutes, turn off the heat, cool.
- Place the meat in the marinade and soak it for at least 5 hours, then put it in the fridge for three days with the pickle.
- After this time, the marinade drain.
- Put a load on the meat so that all the juice flows out of it.
- Juniper berries pound in a mortar and mix together with all the spices. Rub the meat with this mixture from all sides, wrap in 2-3 layers of gauze and clean in the cold for 7 days.
- A week later, get the future delicacy of cheesecloth, rub it again with spices and hang it in the pantry or on the balcony. Be sure to wrap it in gauze to protect against insects. If there is no balcony or loggia, the meat can be stored in the refrigerator, turning every day. If the gauze gets wet, it needs to be changed.
- The product will be ready in 12-18 days.
- You can store it in the refrigerator for about three months.
How to poultry meat at home?
This method allows you to cook a delicious dried delicacy faster than using marinade, but its shelf life in the refrigerator is only 1 month. Drying poultry using the oven is not recommended. It is very tender and with such processing becomes too dry and tasteless.
- 500 grams of chicken meat;
- 2 tbsp. l coarse salt;
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper;
- 1 tbsp. l sweet ground paprika;
- 4 cloves of garlic.
- Rinse a whole piece of meat, dry it, put it in a glass bowl (for example, a dish for baking) and sprinkle it with salt from all sides mixed with seasoning, put through a press with garlic and pepper.
- On top of the dishes stretch a layer of food film and press down with a plate with a load.
- Put everything in the fridge for a day.
- At this time, the meat will actively produce juice. Do not drain it: the product will be more delicate.
- When the day has passed, remove the semi-finished product from the refrigerator, rinse with salt, dry with a paper towel, rub again with spices and garlic, and again put in the cold, wrapping it with gauze.
- Leave the chicken in the fridge for another day.
- The finished delicacy is wrapped in parchment paper and stored in the cold for no more than 1 month.
How to dry meat at home?
This method of cooking dried delicacy is ideal for pork, which has a high fat content. Thus, the meat is cooked much faster than when dried in the refrigerator, but it turns out to be more dry. However, if you use it for cooking soup or stewing, it quickly restores its properties.
- 1 kg of pork;
- 2-3 art. l coarse salt;
- 3 tbsp. l mixtures of dry vegetables (carrots, onions, garlic, dill);
- 3 tbsp. l aromatic herbs;
- 1 tsp. ground pepper.
- Rinse the meat, remove the tendons, dry.
- Mix salt with herbs and spices.
- Liberally rub a piece of pork with the mixture from all sides and put it in the fridge for two days. Turn periodically (enough 2 times a day).
- After this time, remove the meat and cut into thin long strips (the thickness of the pieces should not be more than 1 cm).
- Put the pork on the rack in the oven in a single layer. You can use a baking sheet, but then be sure to cover it with a cotton cloth or parchment paper.
- In the oven, set the temperature to 500With, be sure to open the door and dry for 10 hours.
Wielding meat on your own is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. And in order for you to have a really delicious delicacy, correctly select spices and seasonings and use only fresh, chilled, and not frozen fillets.