In the early spring, ramson appears on the shelves. This herb is reminiscent of young garlic. Thanks to her amazing taste and the mass of useful properties, she wins more and more fans every year. But it is impossible to stock up fresh wild garlic for the whole year, so many housewives prepare it for future use.
Methods salting wild garlic
Method number 1
- Leaves and shoots of fresh wild garlic
- Wash the leaves and shoots of wild garlic, dry them (you can use a napkin or towel), then cut into 5 cm long pieces.
- After that, place it neatly in a container with a wide neck. Pour each layer thoroughly with salt. Put a yoke on top.
- After 2 weeks, remove the ramson and spread it on the banks. Cover them with lids and refrigerate.
Method number 2
- Water - 1 l
- Salt - 70 g
- Ramson leaves
- Bay leaf, black peppercorns, fresh dill or horseradish to taste
- First, prepare the brine by adding 70 grams of salt to 1 liter of water. Its volume depends on the amount of wild garlic, which you want to pickle. It is advisable to salt the leaves of the grass, as they are more delicate, but the stalks are suitable for winter.
- Before salting, wash the leaves very thoroughly under running water, rather cold and dry, spreading them on a flat surface on a towel.
- While the raw material for salting dries, prepare bay leaf, horseradish or fresh dill, black peppercorns. These ingredients will give the product a special flavor. Also, make sure that the preservation banks are sterilized in a water bath beforehand.
- Lay the leaves of wild garlic layers, alternating layers of spices, bay leaf and dill. If you want, you can add garlic cloves to taste. After that, fill the workpiece with brine and close tightly with lids.
- Leave the jars for several days, during which remove the resulting foam from the surface. Add brine if necessary.
- After 14 days, the fermentation process should end, now fill the jars with fresh salted solution and roll up.
- Clean in a cool place.
Method number 3
- Ramson leaves
- Rinse the leaves well, dry, finely chop and place in a wide saucepan. Transfer each layer to salt. Mix everything up, put the dish on top, covering the surface and oppression.
- After the ramson gives the juice, place it in glass jars and tamp. Leave on 24 hours. As soon as the mass settles, report it to other banks. For better storage, put a layer of salt on top of the greens.
- Put the prepared ramson in the fridge.
How to pickle wild garlic with vinegar?
Harvesting wild garlic for the winter can be carried out not only with the help of pickling, but also using a simpler recipe, where vinegar is the main ingredient. To prepare brine for wild garlic, you will need:
- Vinegar - 200 g
- Sugar - 2 tbsp. l
- Salt - 1 tbsp. l
- Water - 200 ml
- Bay leaf, cinnamon or cloves, black peppercorns - on request.
- Prepare the leaves or stalks of wild garlic, sort them out and wash.
- Fold the greens in cold water for soaking. Pour boiling water over the cans. An hour later, put the leaves in a jar and fill with hot brine on top. Then carefully close the lids.
- Leave for 2 days to stand, and put in a dark and cool place. Banks are best to turn it over.
Ramson is a wild-growing grass that appears on store shelves and tables already in early spring. Just at that moment when the body is most in need of vitamins and trace elements after a long winter. But in order to provide oneself with all these useful substances, it is necessary to prepare it for future use, especially as it is very simple to salt it for the winter. Ramson for the winter will be an excellent vitamin remedy that can quickly and easily strengthen the immune system. In addition, it is an excellent seasoning for a variety of dishes!