Some of us love to go on nature, not only for the purpose of rest. Time can be spent with benefit and gather up mushrooms. It is important to collect only edible mushrooms, and for this you need to have some knowledge. One of the most common fungi that grow in our area, are the mushrooms. Of them you can cook a lot of delicious dishes, as well as use as a separate snack. Many housewives preserve mushrooms, and then spoil their households with pickled mushrooms in the winter.
On how to pickle mushrooms, you will learn in this article.
Features of the selection experience and their preparation
If you have never collected mushrooms yourself, then for the first time you can go to the forest or to the meadow with an experienced mushroom picker. But most often the hostess prefer to buy mushrooms in the market or in the store. These mushrooms are rich in vitamins and microelements, therefore they are considered not only tasty, but also a useful snack. Choosing mushrooms, be sure to consider some aspects:
- Edible mushrooms have a dull color, even a slightly muted shade. If you are offered to buy mushrooms with a bright hat, then these mushrooms can be poisonous, which is very fraught for your health.
- On the legs of the mushrooms must necessarily be a small ring, the so-called cuff. Its thickness is on average 1.5 cm.
- On the cap of edible fresh agarics there is a scale.
- The mushroom pulp must be white, and if the mushroom has a different shade, it is better to refuse to acquire it.
How to pickle mushrooms for the winter: the main aspects of harvesting
There are some simple rules that need to be taken into account when marinating mushrooms:
- Before canning mushrooms, it is imperative to wash and remove the upper skin from the caps.
- If the mushrooms are small, then they can be marinated whole, and large caps should be cut into equal pieces.
- Experienced chefs and mushroom pickers advise to separate the cap from the leg. The latter can be fried separately and served as a side dish.
- Before marinating, the mushrooms should be soaked in water, to which should be added table salt and citric acid. In this solution of the fungi come out all the worms.
- It is necessary to boil the mushrooms for a long time and at least 1 hour.
- Dip the mushrooms in a well-boiling water. After boiling, add 10 minutes of water and after this time drain it, add clean saucepan to the pan and continue cooking. Thus, you will get rid of harmful impurities and heavy trace elements that have accumulated in the mushrooms.
- In the process of cooking on the water will form foam, which must be constantly removed.
- The readiness of the mushrooms is determined by appearance. Usually well boiled honey agarics settle at the bottom of the dish.
- For the preparation of marinade it is best to use mushroom broth, only if it is peeled. If you did not drain the water during the boiling process again, it is better not to use this marinating broth.
- 1 kg of fresh mushrooms can be placed in three 1-liter jars.
- Experienced chefs do not recommend canning mushrooms with tin lids. It is best to use plastic.
- Banks and covers must be sterilized.
- You can store marinated mushrooms for several months, but on condition that they are properly preserved.
Recipes experienced hostesses
Each hostess knows that pickled mushrooms can be prepared according to various recipes. Some mushrooms are marinated for one-time use, while others - for long-term storage in canned form. Let's look at two recipes for cooking pickled: fast and for harvesting for the winter.
Marinated mushrooms: step by step recipe with pictures
This recipe for quick marinating is different from harvesting them for the winter in that these mushrooms can be served on the table within 1 hour after cooking. Mushrooms can be eaten as a separate snack or added to various dishes.
- honey agaric;
- water - 500 ml;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l .;
- 2-3 bay leaves;
- vinegar (wine or apple with a concentration of 6%) - 6 tbsp. l .;
- black pepper peas - 10 pcs .;
- sugar - 1 tsp;
- Cinnamon - 1 pc.
- At the initial stage, prepare the mushrooms. Mushrooms must be thoroughly washed and cleaned. Small mushrooms can be marinated whole, but large ones should be cut into pieces, while it is desirable to separate the legs from the caps and pickle only the last ones. Washed mushrooms need to recline in a colander.
- Now mushrooms should be boiled. To do this, put a container of water on the stove and bring to a boil, only then put the mushrooms.
- In a separate deep container, prepare the marinade: to do this, mix vinegar 6%, granulated sugar, chopped garlic, salt, water and spices. Marinade mixture should be boiled for 5-7 minutes.
- Mushrooms spread in jars and pour marinade.
- Cool the mushrooms, cover the jars with plastic lids and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- You can serve mushrooms with greens and sunflower oil.
We do the preparation for the winter
All housewives are trying to stock up on canned foods for the future. Many of them are wondering how to pickle mushrooms for the winter. The recipe is almost like a quick pickling experience, the only exception is the preparation of the marinade. Be sure that canned mushrooms should be stored in the cellar or in any other cool place. Before conservation, jars and lids are sterilized. It is best to use nylon covers, and so that they fit snugly and do not let the air in, before closing, they need to be doused with boiling water.
- honey agarics - 1 kg;
- salt - 4 tsp;
- Clove - 2-3 pcs .;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- cinnamon - 1 pc .;
- pepper and peas - 7 pcs .;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs .;
- lingonberry leaf (if any);
- balsamic vinegar - 200 g
- Be sure to marinate the mushrooms must be thoroughly washed, cleaned and dried. To do this, they can fold in a colander or spread on a towel.
- For canning, it is best to use small honey agarics - in this case, they can be placed in a jar as a whole. Young mushrooms look more appetizing.
- Mushrooms need to boil. The water should boil, and after 10 minutes the first water should be drained.
- Fill the mushrooms with cold water a second time and continue to cook, while constantly need to remove the foam formed.
- In the second water is best to add the required amount of balsamic vinegar and salt. Be sure to add these ingredients to taste, and not in the proportions indicated in the recipe. In this water, mushrooms should be boiled for about 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, cook the marinade: take 1 liter of water and add vinegar, spices, sugar and table salt to it. When cooking marinade mix, be sure to follow the proportions indicated in the recipe.
- Sterilize the cans and dry thoroughly.
- Then put boiled mushrooms in a container and fill with cooked marinade.
- Lingonberry leaf should be added to the jar. If not, then cook everything for the same recipe, but without this ingredient. Its absence does not particularly affect the taste of pickled mushrooms.
- Cover the jars with lids and sterilize again for about 15 minutes.
- Check the tightness of the covers, turn the cans upside down and wrap.
- After complete cooling, the canned mushrooms must be moved to a cellar or other cool place.
- Marinated mushrooms can be added to salads and soups, as well as served as a snack.
As you can see, cooking pickled mushrooms is quite simple. The main thing is to choose the right mushrooms and combine all the ingredients for the marinade. If you prefer dishes with a savory, spicy taste, then add more spices to the marinade mix. You can pickle other mushrooms with this recipe.