With the arrival of heat, each of us tries to get out on a picnic. The main dish in nature is, of course, kebabs. If you do not like too greasy food, then chicken kebabs will suit your taste. In order for all the guests and your household to be satisfied, after tasting such a kebab, you need to marinate it correctly. On how to pickle chicken skewers, you will learn in this article.
How to Marinate Chicken Kebabs: Recommendations of Experienced Culinary Specialists
Preparing a delicious marinade for chicken is easy, the main thing is to follow a few rules to make the kebab juicy:
- For kebabs it is best to use the same parts of the chicken (thighs, fillets, or wings). It is not recommended to carve the whole carcass, because the meat is marinated unevenly.
- Be sure to meat must be chilled or fresh. Thawed meat will be tough, because the marinade will not soak the whole chicken evenly. Also, thawed chicken can get too fresh, and the spices will be palpable only in the upper layers.
- You can not use regular table vinegar for pickling chicken - use only natural wine.
- The optimal time for marinating chicken is 1 hour. During this time, the meat is thoroughly soaked with marinade, and the kebab will be juicy, tender and very tasty.
- Do not use mayonnaise for marinating chicken. If you still want to make just such a marinade, then cook homemade mayonnaise with eggs, olive oil and mustard.
- For the kebab of chicken fillet marinade should be cooked with the addition of sunflower or olive oil - otherwise the breast will be very dry and fresh.
- Try to cook the kebab from chicken liver or hearts. Use the usual marinade, and the delicious taste of such kebabs will pleasantly surprise you.
Classic marinade with vinegar
Marinated chicken kebab with vinegar should be carefully, because the wrong proportions can lead to the fact that it will be dry and tough. To cook a delicious marinade for chicken, you need to use only wine vinegar.
- chicken breast - 1.5 kg;
- wine vinegar - 5 tbsp. l .;
- salt, pepper and spices for meat;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l
- Chicken breast should be fresh or chilled. Rinse it thoroughly, remove the film and dry it.
- Onions clean and cut into large rings.
- Cut chicken breast into large pieces and fold into separate dishes.
- Put the onions in a bowl of chicken and mix. Salt everything well, season with pepper and spices.
- Make a marinade: mix wine vinegar with boiled water in proportions 1: 2, add sugar and mix everything thoroughly. Pour the marinade over the chicken and marinate the meat in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- After the allotted time, the chicken must be strung on skewers or laid out on a grid. Fry the meat well on the fire, turning it over and over.
- Ready-made skewers can be served with greens, vegetables and sauce.
Chicken Kebab: Marinade Recipes
Recipe number 1
If you like savory dishes with an unusual taste, then be sure to try to pickle chicken skewers in honey-mustard sauce.
- chicken wings - 2 kg;
- mustard - 1 tbsp. l .;
- honey - 1 tbsp. l .;
- ground pepper;
- paprika (sweet and spicy);
- wine vinegar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- water - 1 tbsp.
- Chicken wings need to be washed, remove the remnants of feathers.
- In a separate bowl, mix the honey with water.
- In the resulting mixture, add mustard, pepper, vinegar and paprika.
- Salt the chicken wings and cover with honey mustard marinade.
- The chicken can be left to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- If you do not have time, then the wings can be thoroughly rubbed with marinade and fry without prior marinating.
- It is best to grill chicken wings on the grid.
Recipe number 2
If you prefer to cook shish kebab from chicken fillet, then you will definitely like kefir marinade. This marinade will make the breast very tender and juicy.
- kefir (medium fat) - 1 l;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs .;
- chicken fillet - 2 kg;
- Pepper mix, seasoning.
- As in any other recipe, you must first prepare the meat.
- Take a separate dish and cook the marinade. To do this, pour kefir into a bowl and add salt, a mixture of peppers and bay leaf to it.
- You can add chopped herbs (dill, parsley, cilantro, basil) to the marinade mixture.
- Pour the marinade in a bowl with chicken and leave in a cool place for 6 hours (it is best to put the meat in the refrigerator).
- Fry chicken skewers can be on the grid or on skewers.
Recipe number 3
Very tasty is chicken kebab marinated in red wine. Meat gets a reddish tint. But you can make a marinade and white wine, believe me, the exquisite taste will pleasantly surprise you. This marinade is suitable for cooking any parts of the chicken.
- chicken leg - 2 kg;
- lemon juice;
- dry white wine - 0.5 l;
- salt, pepper mixture and seasoning.
- Rinse the gammon well, remove the yellowed skin and cut it into portions.
- Onions need to be peeled and cut into large rings.
- Pour the wine into deep dishes and add a little lemon juice, sliced onions and spices.
- Salt the chicken and add the pepper.
- Pour in the cooked wine marinade.
- Marinate meat for 2-3,5 hours in a sealed container. Best marinated chicken in wine under the yoke.
- Roast chicken to the fire.
- Serve the dish with vegetables and sauce.
You can marinate chicken in different ways, because there are a huge number of recipes for making marinade for every taste. Do not use vinegar for pickling chicken meat, as it can make the kebab hard and dry. Experiment, add new ingredients to the marinade. Some housewives pickle chicken in beer or pomegranate juice. Please your household not only with a picnic on a warm day, but also with delicious chicken kebabs.