Many of us love to eat homemade pastries. For a change, you can make shortbread or tarts with gourmet fillings. We will talk today about how to make shortbread dough, preserving its crispness, delicate texture and softness.
Opening the veil of confectionery secrets
Few housewives love to make pastry based on shortbread dough, because in most cases it turns out crispy, hard and too dry. To master pastry skills and learn how to make a crisp shortcrust pastry, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with a number of tips from experienced pastry chefs:
- Kneading such a dough should be done extremely quickly in order to preserve the sand consistency as much as possible.
- Before making shortbread dough for cookies, all components should be cooled.
- The liquid base (water or milk) should be ice cold.
- Butter or margarine can be added to the dough. The more fat there is, the more crumbly the pastries will be.
- Sifted flour should be added in the proportions indicated in the recipe. Its excessive amount will adversely affect the softness and taste of baking.
- Before shaping the cookies or rolling out the layers as a base for the cake, kneaded dough is best insisted in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- It is best to roll out the dough sand consistency from center to edge.
- The optimal temperature for baking cookies is 185-200 °.
- Sand dough can be prepared savory pastries. To do this, reduce the amount of sugar and increase the proportion of added salt.
Quick-bake shortbread pastry: quick and easy
To you guests are about to descend, but you do not have sweet pastries for tea? Do not despair, we will tell you how to make shortbread dough for the pie without much effort and effort. The recipe for this dough can be considered versatile, since it is perfect for baking cookies and pies with various fruit or jam fillings. Do not forget that we use only chilled products.
- 2 tbsp. sifted flour;
- 2 pcs. egg yolks;
- 0.2 kg of creamy softened butter;
- 4 tbsp. l sugar sand;
- 10 g vanilla.
- Carefully separate the egg yolks from the proteins and lay them in a separate bowl.
- Add the right amount of sugar to the egg yolks and thoroughly grind this mass until smooth.
- At the next stage, we spread creamy softened butter into the egg mass, add vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually pour the sifted flour in small portions. Initially knead the dough with a fork.
- Next, continue to knead the dough sand consistency with your hands until it becomes elastic and elastic.
- Knead the dough wrapped with food film and place in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- After the allotted time has elapsed, roll out the dough and cut out the cookies or form a cake with a filling.
Dough for tartlets: note hostess
With the approach of a holiday or a significant celebration, we begin to think over the menu in advance. Recently, no table can do without cold snacks, decorated in the form of tartlets. In order not to buy semi-finished products, you can bake delicious tartlets yourself. We will share with you the secrets of how to make baskets of shortcrust dough. Such molds can be used for sweet, meat, fish or vegetable stuffing.
- 0.2 kg of softened butter or margarine;
- 1 chicken egg;
- vanilla - to taste;
- 100 grams of sugar;
- 0.3 kg wheat sifted flour.
- Your attention is a recipe for making baskets with a sweet filling. If you want to fill tartlets with salted or meat snacks, exclude vanilla from the dough and reduce the amount of added sugar.
- Prepare the necessary ingredients, soften the butter.
- Pour the wheat sifted flour into a deep bowl and add the crushed butter.
- Hands carefully grind this mass. On a consistence it should become homogeneous with small grains.
- In a separate bowl, drive in one chicken egg and mix it with sugar and a small pinch of salt.
- In order for the egg-sugar mass to become homogeneous, beat it with a mixer or blender.
- Pour the foamy egg mass into the flour and start kneading the dough.
- Knead the dough with your hands until it acquires a characteristic elasticity.
- Now we wrap the dough with food film and put it in the fridge.
- After half an hour we take out dough and tartlets (baskets).
- Form lubricated vegetable refined oil.
- Pinch off small pieces of dough and level with hands.
- Prepare sand baskets send in the oven. Watch the baking carefully, as it is cooked very quickly.
- Remove baked baskets from the oven, let them cool slightly and remove from the molds.
- Such baskets can be stuffed with any fruit, jam, vegetables, meat or fish fillets, sausages, seafood, etc.
In fact, in kneading shortcrust pastry is nothing complicated. The main thing is to strictly observe all proportions and pre-cool the components used. The longer you keep the kneaded dough in the fridge, the crumbly and tender the baking will turn out. All of the above recipes can be considered universal. They are suitable for baking pies, cookies, buns. Fans of delicious pastry can add curd mass to the shortbread dough when kneaded. Enjoy your meal!