Beef liver is considered one of the most useful by-products of animal origin. It contains a lot of B vitamins, as well as vitamins A, C, E, D, K. Of course, proteins, amino acids, polyunsaturated fatty acids and essential trace elements.
Healthy nutrition experts strongly recommend including this product in your diet. Beef liver dishes are especially useful for professional athletes and the elderly, children and expectant mothers.
Unfortunately, not all housewives can properly prepare this product. Often, after heat treatment, the liver becomes tough, like rubber (although some like this). On the basis of this ingredient, various delicacies are prepared: main courses, roasts, pies, rolls, etc. The easiest way to cook is fried liver in a griddle. Let's learn how to fry beef liver in a griddle so that it is soft?
How to achieve softness?
The main secret of a soft liver (not only beef, but also other types) is preliminary preparation of the product for frying.
- First, the meat should be cleaned by removing the tendons, vessels and film. To remove the latter easily - in one motion - hold the product in warm water for several minutes. Next, the pulp is portioned. The last stage of preparation is “marinating” the liver in a small amount of baking soda for about 60 minutes. Wash the liver again before frying.
- Secondly, it is necessary to rid the liver of bitterness. To do this, the whole product or soaked soaked for several hours in cold milk, whey or in salted water. Besides the fact that bitterness goes away, the by-product will become soft and tender.
- Thirdly, before frying, the liver can be lightly boiled in salted water or marinated for several hours in salt and garlic.
And one more way to prepare beef liver so that it is soft is to slightly beat off with a culinary hammer. To prevent the pulp from spreading, it is necessary to do this using food wrap.
Beef liver with onions: a recipe
How to fry beef liver with onions? Easy peasy. We assume that we have already prepared the liver for heat treatment.
Add a few more ingredients:
- 1 onion;
- 3 tbsp. l flour;
- salt, pepper and other spices to taste;
- cooking oil for frying.
Liver slicing may depend on how and with what you plan to serve meat. For example, you can portion it in the manner of steaks. Note that the smaller the pieces, the faster the roast. Steaks are much easier to evenly fry from 2 sides. And how much time to fry beef liver, more on that later.
- Peel the onion and cut into half rings.
- Liver steaks roll in flour on both sides.
- Put the pan on the fire, add the oil and wait until it warms up. Then we put meat on a brazier and fill it with onions.
- It's time to find out how much time to fry beef liver? Since we have steaks, then fry the meat on each side will take about 10 minutes. If you have small pieces, then it will take 2-3 minutes.
- The dish should be salted and seasoned when you have turned steaks. The second side fry put 10 minutes under the lid. Check for readiness: pierce the meat with a knife tip, if the juice is clear, beef liver is ready.
With this meat dish you can serve any side dish. But remember the balance of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
Fry beef liver with onions can be a different way. Fry onions separately, select them from the pan. Season the liver with salt and spices, roll in flour and fry, stirring occasionally. When a ruddy crust appeared on the meat, add the fried onion and a piece of butter. Keep a few more minutes on fire, you can serve.
Or one more way:
- first lightly fry the onion;
- add pieces of liver to it;
- season with salt, pepper;
- fry together for about 10 minutes on low heat;
- add to the pan 1/3 Art. water and leave to languish under the lid for 3-5 minutes.
This is how beef liver prepares for the dinner table. Using an additional set of ingredients, you can cook the meat in sour cream sauce, with mushrooms, vegetables, beans. Imagine it won't hurt. Enjoy your meal!