Dried apricots - an additional source of vitamins in the winter. From apricots by drying, you can get ikuragu - dried apricots without stones, and apricots - dried apricots with a bone, and even stuffed dried apricots! How to dry apricots so that they please us with their taste and appearance?
How to dry apricots in an electric drier?
- Let's start by sorting out our apricots. Choosing fruits for drying, you should select only those that have a holistic appearance, they are mature, solid and without signs of disease.
- Then all of them need to be thoroughly washed, and remove the bone by cutting them in half.
- On each tray of the electric dryer we place the apricot halves with the skin facing down. If you do it differently, apricots will stick to the tray. There should be only one layer of apricots on one tray and it is better if they do not touch each other.
- Next, put the dryer on the balcony or in any other place that is well ventilated. This is necessary so that the steam can leave the room without difficulty, without returning back to the dryer.
- At an average temperature drying will take place from ten to fourteen hours, depending on the size and juiciness of apricots.
From 10 kg of fresh apricots after drying, approximately 1.5 kg of dried apricots - dried apricots are obtained.
How to dry apricots in the sun?
- We select only fresh fruits without damage. Carefully wash them, cut them along, and remove the bone.
- Next, you need to prepare a solution. To do this, dissolve 8 tsp in 1 liter of water. citric acid. Apricots should be dipped in the prepared solution for about ten minutes.
- When the specified time comes out, we take out apricots and put them in a place where water can drain from the fruit, for example, in a colander.
- When the apricots are drained, lay them in a single layer on the prepared lattice, cut up. At the same time, try to keep the halves from touching each other. Then we take out the grates with apricots in the hot sun and leave for three or four days.
- After a specified time, apricots are well shrunk, and then remove them from the grates, putting them in a more dense layer. In the same form we place them in a shaded place, and leave to dry completely. The place in which apricots will be dried should be aired very well.
How to dry apricots in the oven?
- First you need to prepare a special solution. To do this, dissolve in 1 liter of water 1.5 tsp. soda food and put the solution on the gas.
- Ripe, selected, cut into two parts apricots put in a colander, and immersed in a boiling solution for ten seconds. As soon as you get the apricots from the boiling water, immerse them immediately in cold water for a couple of seconds. We take out the apricots and leave them to drain.
- When the water is completely glass with apricots, we begin to lay them on a baking sheet, cuts upwards so that the halves do not touch each other. Put baking sheets in the oven. The oven itself is slightly opened, and dried at a temperature of 65 degrees for about eight to ten hours. By the end of the drying temperature must be reduced.
- After the apricots have dried in the oven, they must be folded into a wooden container or simply in a cool place for three to four weeks. This is necessary in order to "align" the moisture of the fruit.
How to store dried apricots?
In no case do not store ready dried apricots in a jar with a nylon lid, or in a regular package. If you do this, a mole will start in the fruit.
It is allowed to store dried apricots in a glass jar with a lid that is screwed.
But the ideal way to store dried apricots is another way. Dried apricots must be wrapped in a linen or paper bag, and then put this bag in a jar with a screw lid.
It's just great if you stock up for the winter dried apricots - dried apricots. First, using dried apricots you can prepare a lot of different goodies and use as an additive to breakfast cereal. In addition, dried apricots themselves are very useful, especially during pregnancy.
Enjoy your meal!