Chicken liver is a nutritious and nutritious product. Nutritionists recommend including it in the diet of children and adults. It is considered a dietary product because it has a low calorie content and is easily absorbed by the body. If you know how to boil, stew, fry chicken liver properly, you will provide yourself with an irreplaceable source of proteins and folic acid, vital for the human body.
The liver is a very affordable by-product, quick and easy to prepare. In addition to the mass of nutrients contained in it, it is ideal for diet food. Cooked in olive oil chicken liver - an excellent ingredient for weight loss diets. The by-product is perfectly combined with vegetable and cereal dishes, mushrooms. You can add garlic, onions, and for a richer taste, ready-made dishes are sprinkled with greens.
Features of cooking chicken liver
Most housewives do not know how to fry chicken liver, and therefore rarely include such a useful product in the home menu. To cook the offal turned out to be soft and soft, it is important to properly maintain the cooking time. Otherwise, the liver turns dry and stiff.
If you like dishes with a crispy golden crust, roll chicken liver in breadcrumbs before frying. The product will keep juiciness and tenderness and acquire an appetizing crust.
To make the liver soft, juicy and really tasty, follow a few simple rules.
- Be sure to clean the liver of films. To make it more tender, soak it in milk. Half an hour is enough.
- In the process of roasting or frying over high heat, offal is cooked faster, so you should not keep the liver on high heat for more than 10 minutes. The overdried dish becomes hard and takes on a bitter aftertaste.
Pan fried liver: a simple recipe
From the recipe, you will learn how to fry chicken liver in a frying pan in order to cook a tasty and very healthy dish for a minimum of time.
- 200 g chicken liver;
- 1 onion (medium size);
- 1 tbsp. l olive or vegetable oil;
- salt, pepper at your discretion.
- First, heat the butter and fry the onion in it. You can cut it in any way.
- As soon as the onions lightly browned, add the liver, cut into neat slices.
- On medium heat, fry all the ingredients, stir occasionally. Do not keep the liver and onions on fire for more than 10 minutes.
- To make the dish fragrant and reach the desired condition, sprinkle it with salt and pepper in about 3 minutes until cooked, mix thoroughly and do not touch it until the end of cooking. In the process, do not close the dishes with a liver lid, otherwise it will acquire a slightly different taste.
Sprinkle the ready dish with finely chopped green onions or dill. Serve with boiled rice, potatoes or buckwheat.
Delicious and tender liver in a Stroganoff style
With the recipe presented to your attention, you can safely improvise: take it as a basis and prepare various dishes with your favorite ingredients. If you appreciate the savory taste of by-products, replace the onion with garlic and enjoy the spicy combination.
- 250 g chicken liver;
- 2 onions or 3 large garlic cloves;
- 3 tbsp. l sour cream (can be replaced with low-fat cream, then the taste will be more tender);
- 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- salt, pepper to taste.
- Pre-fry the onions in the hot oil, cut it as you like. If you like fried vegetables with crispy golden crust, fry them over high heat. Or fry on an average burner flame to a translucent state. Add sliced liver.
- On medium heat, fry all the ingredients for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper to sour cream, mix and pour the sauce to the liver. Once again, mix everything thoroughly and simmer for literally 2-3 minutes. If you decide to replace onions with garlic, then add sour cream and garlic passed through the press.
- Serve hot. For zest and more flavor, sprinkle with dill, green onions or parsley.
If you add mushrooms (preferably champignons) to the onions, and then the rest of the ingredients, then make a festive festive hotter that even real gourmets will appreciate.
Appetizing chicken liver with onions
From the recipe you will learn how to fry chicken liver with onions, so that it turns out to be incredibly appetizing, tender and fragrant, with a pleasant golden color.
- 500 g chicken liver;
- 3 tbsp. l flour;
- 1 carrot;
- 2 large onions (bulb);
- salt, black ground pepper.
- Cut the by-product into small oblong bars and roll in flour well.
- Shred the onion in any convenient way.
- On a high heat, heat the butter and immediately lay out the liver slices. Try not to put them close to each other, otherwise they stick together.
- Over high heat, fry for 4 minutes on one side.
- Turn the liver over and spit the onions and carrots immediately.
- Stir occasionally.
- After 4 minutes, salt the food, reduce the heat to medium level, close the lid and soak for another 7 minutes.
Golden crust liver perfectly combines with rice and mashed potatoes.
Chicken liver is a real find for economical housewives who love to cook. It is an offal inexpensive. All dishes are made from it simply and quickly, with the same affordable ingredients that are always at hand. And the taste of the liver is amazingly tender.