Plov - the most delicious dish. Especially famous for the ability to cook his Uzbeks. Uzbek pilaf is the most delicious dish that can be made from meat and rice. To get you real Uzbek plov, must carefully observe the recipe. In addition, there are some Secrets of cooking this Uzbek plov.
How to cook real Uzbek plov?
- Carrots - 500 g
- Rice - 500 g
- Meat - 1 kg (less)
- Onions - 300 g
- Garlic - 2 heads
- Salt pepper
- Zira - 0.5 st.l.
- Barberry - 0.5 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil (instead of mutton fat) - 1 tbsp.
- In a cauldron (ideal) or a thick-walled pot, heat the vegetable oil with a small piece of fat for odor. Onions cut into large rings, throw in the butter and torment it there until transparency. Cut the carrots into strips, never grate, add to the onions. The longer the carrot is, the tastier the pilaf will turn out. Cook the vegetables for about five minutes, stirring all the time. Then add the meat cut into pieces. The pieces should be rather big, but no more than walnut.
- Mix everything, salt and add spices. We reduce the fire, we make it to the middle, vegetables and meat often interfere. If little liquid is emitted from the meat, nothing terrible will happen if you pour some boiled water.
- Stew vegetables with meat so much that the onion is almost dissolved in water, and the meat is almost ready.
- Next, lay out the rice thoroughly washed in water several times on top of the meat, level it, but do not mix it. Very slowly pour boiling water into the pot, enough to cover the rice, about 2 cm. We bring to a boil over medium heat, and make the smallest fire. When the water is almost all boiled away, make a tablespoon of several (7-9) indentations in rice, and pour 1 tbsp into each. water and cover the pan with a lid.
- After ten minutes, gently insert into the rice on the sides of the two heads of washed, but not peeled garlic. Cover the pan with a large deep plate and continue to cook pilaf over very low heat for about half an hour. After that, cover the pilaf and let it stand for at least fifteen minutes.
Secrets of cooking Uzbek pilaf
- In the markets, sometimes, you can already see ready-made mixture of seasonings for pilaf. If you purchased this, you can not add any more spices. And add to the mixture for pilaf based on the rate of 1 tsp. 500 g of dry rice.
- Rice for pilaf is best to take a long and transparent. In no case will not fit round rice and steamed. They will boil dry, and the pilaf will turn into porridge. The variety of Uzbek rice, from which plov is prepared, is called "devzira", you can search and buy just that. He is good because, when cooking, greatly increases in volume, but does not stick together, remains crumbly.
- The most delicious plovpuchaetsya in the event that it was prepared on the wood. Only with this method of heating can strong and uniform heating be possible.
- If you are going to cook pilaf on an electric stove, it is best to take a cast-iron pan, but in no case enameled.
- The longer you stew the vegetables before you put in the rice, the tastier the pilaf will end up with.
- Before you pour rice into the cauldron, you should carefully sort it out and rinse it in water until it becomes transparent.
- In Uzbekistan, pilaf is traditionally serveda salad that you can make. To do this, cut very thin slices of tomatoes, onions - very thin rings. Rinse the onion and squeeze it well, then rub it lightly with your hands and add to the tomatoes. In a salad bowl with vegetables, chop 2 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper. Salad under pilaf ready!
- The ideal container for making real pilaf is, of course, a cauldron. But, if you do not have a cauldron, you can use an aluminum pan with thick walls or a pan made of cast iron.
- Before cooking pilaf, rice should be soaked for one or one and a half hours.
- When you put rice on top of meat with vegetables, it can never be interfered with.
- The pilaf should be infused under a thick, airtight lid. It is also desirable to wrap it.
- Carrots are never three grated for Uzbek pilaf - just cut them into thick straws.
- The most perfect ratio of main ingredients in the swim - meat, carrots and onions, should be 1: 1: 1 by volume, but not by weight!
- To improve the taste of Uzbek plov, after the end of cooking, wrap the pan with it in a blanket and leave to infuse for half an hour.
- The best meat from which the real Uzbek plov is cooked - the back of the leg is already an adult ram. The leg is more fat, the meat will be tastier, and hence pilaf.
- Ideally, real pilaf is cooked not on vegetable oil, but on a fat tail. But a good fat tail is difficult to find on the territory of our country, therefore, you can use fat cut from the leg of a sheep, along with refined vegetable oil.
- In Uzbekistan, traditionally, in summer, green tea is served for pilaf. In the winter - black.
Observing all the subtleties, recommendations and recipes, you can cook real Uzbek pilaf, and delight your family with the great taste of this dish!
Enjoy your meal!