Among all types of meat in our country, pork is in special demand, and the language is considered a true delicacy. Gourmets rightfully appreciate the exquisite taste and nutritional value of this product. To cook a real culinary masterpiece, you need to know how to cook pork tongue. Let's talk about it today and talk.
How to cook and clean swine tongue?
Many housewives who have never prepared this pork by-product do not know how much time should be cooked, how to clean it properly and with what side dish it is served at the table. I would like to immediately note that the pork tongue can be cooked on a regular stove in a thick-walled container, as well as in a slow cooker and pressure cooker. Experienced chefs know how to properly and, most importantly, delicious, bake pork by-product in the oven. Let's do everything in order.
For boiling the pork tongue, use boiling water. Salt water can be at the beginning of cooking, but some housewives seasoned with salt and pepper already prepared by-product. Serving such a dish to the table is best with potatoes or canned green peas. To make the boiled tongue spicy, use mustard, garlic or onion-tomato sauce. Product readiness must be checked with a fork. The total heat treatment time is on average 1.5-2 hours.
- pork tongue - 1 pc .;
- cool boiling water;
- bay leaves;
- black pepper peas - 0.5 tsp;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 2-3 pieces celery stalks;
- salt and seasoning to taste.
- Before cooking, the pork by-product should be thoroughly washed or soaked in cold water for 2 hours.
- Washed tongue should be placed in a thick-walled container and pour boiling water.
- Immediately you need to add black pepper peas, bay leaves and salt.
- Onions, carrots should be peeled.
- Peeled vegetables and celery stalks should be chopped and put into a saucepan.
- On moderate heat in a sealed container, pork tongue should be stewed for 2 hours.
- Boiled by-product must be transferred to a container with cold water, and then immediately remove the top film from it.
- Boiled pork tongue should be cut into portions and served to the table.
Pork tongue in a slow cooker - tasty and healthy
You can serve boiled pork tongue to the table as a slice or cold snack, as well as decorate them with sandwiches. How to cook pork tongue for cutting? To do this, you can use your slow cooker. The possibilities of this kitchen appliance will allow you to significantly reduce the boiling time of pork by-product. It is better to cut portions of the finished pork tongue when the product is well cooled. Just do not forget to immediately remove the top coarse skin.
- 3-4 pork tongue;
- 2 onions;
- carrots - 2-3 pcs .;
- salt and seasoning - to taste.
- Pre-pork by-product should be defrosted and washed thoroughly.
- Along the entire tongue, an incision should be made.
- In this form, the pork by-product should be laid out in a multi-cooker container.
- Onions and carrots should be peeled and put in a multi-bowl.
- All components must be filled with water to the very top of the multi-core container.
- Depending on the multicooker model, you need to select the optimal program mode. It is best to set the "Soup - first courses" mode, and set the timer for three hours.
- When the pork by-product will be brought to readiness, it should be dipped in cold water and cleaned from hard skins.
- Boiled pork tongue should be cut into oblong pieces and put on a dish served with olives, green canned peas and greens.
Pork delicacy with sour cream sauce
Experienced chefs and leading chefs from around the world know how to cook tasty and elegantly serve boiled pork tongue to the table. If you want to surprise your household or to decorate a festive table with a gourmet dish, try serving boiled tongues with sour cream sauce. The highlight of this dish will be pickled cucumbers. Due to the extinguishing of boiled tongue in sour cream, the dish tastes tender, juicy and very soft.
- pork tongue - 2 pcs .;
- 2 tbsp. l butter;
- 1 carrot;
- 2 onions;
- bay leaves;
- salt and seasoning to taste;
- 2 tbsp. l sour cream of any fat content;
- 500 ml of broth;
- 3 pcs. pickled cucumbers;
- 1 tbsp. l sifted flour.
- Pork offal before cooking should be processed as described in previous recipes.
- In a pot with thick walls, you need to lay out the washed tongue, one peeled onion, carrots and, if desired, greens.
- On moderate heat, pork offal should be boiled to a state of readiness for 2 hours.
- When the pork tongue is ready, you need to shift it into a container with cool water and peel it.
- In melted butter it is necessary to fry the sifted flour until golden brown.
- Then onion should be laid out onion, crushed with equivalent cubes.
- When the onions become transparent, add broth in the sauce, in which the pork by-product is boiled, and mix everything well.
- After boiling the broth in the sauce, add sour cream, sliced cucumbers, salt and seasonings in accordance with personal taste preferences.
- In a bowl with sauce you need to shift the sliced boiled tongue and stew it for another 15 minutes.
If you are preparing a pork by-product for the first time, then you simply can not do without the advice of professionals. The total cooking time of the pork tongue takes an average of 120 minutes. It is possible to reduce the heat treatment time, if boiling the tongue in a slow cooker or pressure cooker. Professional chefs recommend seasoning the tongue with salt after boiling. Some housewives prefer to add some broth. In this case, the language will acquire an extraordinary taste. It is recommended to add onions and carrots when cooking. They will give the boiled tongue refinement and piquancy.
Here is what else experienced cooks recommend:
- if you are preparing a filler language, you will definitely need gelatin;
- for cooking pork tongue is pre-boiled and cleaned;
- easier to remove the coarsened skin from the tongue with cold water;
- for cooking gourmet dishes before cooking pork tongue can be marinated in garlic sauce;
- to the table such a dish is better served with vegetable garnish;
- perfectly combines pork tongue with green canned peas and olives;
- before baking the pork tongue in the oven, the by-product should be boiled;
- baked tongue will turn out tasty and fragrant if it is seasoned with fried onions and sour cream;
- it takes about half an hour to bake the pork offal in the oven;
- You can make a delicious potato and cheese casserole from the pork tongue.
No matter what dish you cook from the pork tongue, you must first cook it until it is ready. When choosing seasoning, give preference to a mixture of peppers. To give the boiled tongue an extraordinary taste and pleasant aroma, parsley root can be added to the broth. Serve the boiled tongue with fresh vegetable garnish. Enjoy your meal!