Seafood has always been considered a delicacy. And if earlier it was difficult to find the exquisite fish, today representatives of shellfish and other inhabitants of the aquatic world are available to everyone without exception. Let's talk about how to cook frozen squid rings, because it is this seafood that many of us love to eat.
The thorny path of cooking seafood
Having tasted breaded calamari rings once in a restaurant or a guest, each housewife seeks to accurately reproduce such a dish at home. And here is the first sad experience: the squid meat turned out to be too tough and devoid of taste. Due to the fact that these inhabitants of the underwater world do not like long-term heat treatment, and a split second can decide the fate of the dish, the hostess reluctantly buy squid rings.
To bring to the table a delicious snack in the original design, and not to suffer a fiasco, we suggest you read the following tips:
- Frozen squid rings are pre-defrosted naturally.
- Most often we get whole carcasses, which are then ground in the form of rings on our own.
- Squid fillet should be thoroughly washed, remove the film and chitin plate.
- To quickly clean the squid fillet from the film, pour it with boiling water, and this clam will jump out of its membranous shell.
- Many housewives knowingly cook this seafood wrong, because they do not know how much to cook the squid rings frozen. The answer is simple: 3-5 minutes, but no more.
- Squid fillet necessarily boiled in salted water.
- First, we cool the boiled fillet, and then grind in the form of rings of the desired size.
- Now the product can be fried in batter or pickled.
- Squid rings can play the role of snacks. They are also often added to exotic salads.
- Klyar for squid rings cook according to your favorite recipe. A standard set of products includes sifted high-grade flour and eggs. You can also add cheese, chopped greens, sour cream, mayonnaise, etc.
- Serve to the table squid rings, fried in batter, it is better with a spicy sauce. Win-win is a combination of mayonnaise and chili sauce.
Who ordered seafood?
Today we are preparing squid rings in batter. The recipe is very simple, but pay special attention to the preliminary heat treatment. If you exceed the cooking time, then the squid meat will taste like rubber and its consistency. In this case, you will lose in this culinary fight. If you strictly follow the prescription, you will succeed.
- squid carcasses - 2-3 pcs .;
- wheat flour - 2 tbsp. l .;
- 1-2 tbsp. l filtered water;
- to taste table salt;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- 200 ml of sunflower refined oil.
- We prepare all the products. Squids carcasses are thawed, washed and cleaned of film.
- After that, grind squid in the form of rings with a width of about 0.5-1 cm.
- Now we are preparing the batter. In a glass bowl mix the sifted high-grade flour with filtered water.
- Then add salt, drive in a chicken egg.
- Whisk whisk the mass until a homogeneous consistency.
- Pour sunflower oil or olive oil in a saucepan and bring it to a boiling state.
- Sliced rings of squid thoroughly dipped in batter and sent to boiling oil.
- Fry the squid rings for 2-3 minutes.
- Putting seafood first is better on a dish covered with paper napkin.
- After the excess oil is drained, decorate the squid rings with a sprig of fresh herbs and serve to the table.
Delicious seafood to the master's table
As already mentioned, squid rings can be fried or boiled. Have you ever tried pickled seafood? Squids, seasoned in a piquant and incredibly tasty marinade, will be a worthy decoration of the festive table. Experienced chefs advise you to purchase already cleaned squid carcasses. In this case, it is better to grind them before thawing.
- squid carcasses - 2 pcs .;
- black pepper-peas and coriander - to taste;
- Laurel leaves - 2-3 pcs .;
- 1.5 Art. l vinegar with 9% concentration;
- vegetable refined oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- table salt - 1 tsp;
- granulated sugar - 1 tsp;
- filtered water - 300 ml.
- Prepare in advance all the necessary ingredients.
- We process the carcasses of squid, as described in the previous recipe, and chop the rings.
- In a bowl or stewpot, lay out all the necessary dry seasonings and spices.
- We spread the squid rings to the spices.
- Fill the crushed mollusks with boiled water, preferably with hot water.
- At this stage, we add vinegar and sunflower refined oil.
- After the marinade has cooled, we send the seafood delicatessen to the refrigerator and keep it for three hours.
- Then serve the dish to the table with any side dish or as a cold snack.
If you dare to cook this delicious and delicious seafood, carefully follow the instructions. This is especially true of the duration of heat treatment. If you want to surprise everyone with your culinary abilities, and not to suffer a fiasco, cook squid rings for no more than 5 minutes. There is an opinion that overcooked seafood can be cooked even longer, and then they will regain their former consistency and taste. Enjoy your meal!