Mussels are a unique cocktail of healthy substances. It is a delicacy that is ideal for those who want to maintain a figure without harm to health, and for those who wish to regain their lost shape.
Mussels: cooking recipe
Mussels are edible clams. True, they do not eat them completely, but only muscles with mantle and entrails. They are rich in protein, iron, phosphorus, calcium, zinc, iodine, vitamins, and they also have enough fat and carbohydrates, so the mussel dishes are considered very nutritious.
If you purchased raw mussel meat, then you first need to rinse it so that there is no sand left, after which the meat should be cooked or roasted. Keep in mind that adding a lot of spices or sauce can spoil, or rather, kill the excellent taste of the clams.
Mussels in the shells are cooked in water, in white table wine or broth for several minutes, until the sash of the mollusks opens in a saucepan. Those shells that have not opened, you need to throw. Before you start cooking mussels, the shells should be thoroughly cleaned of algae, and then put in a bowl with cold water and rinsed several times to get rid of sand residues. Ready mussels need to be eaten immediately after cooking.
How to cook frozen mussels?
- In order to properly cook frozen mussels, you need to clearly know in what form they were subjected to creolization. If they are boiled-frozen, then they can simply be heated or boiled in a small amount of water for 5 minutes. If mussels are raw-frozen, then it is necessary to cook them for up to 7 minutes.
- They are defrosted no more than 1 time, because it is a perishable product. Even when choosing mussels, make sure that the package does not show the leakage of liquid.
- Leave frozen, unrefined mollusks to defrost in air, then place them under a cold stream of water and rinse them well. Next, subject to heat treatment - boil for 2 minutes in plenty of water. Boiled mussels dipped in cold water, then again bring to a boil. This method of preparation allows you to save all the minerals and vitamins contained in the delicacy, and at the same time get rid of toxic substances. After cooking, the mussels will open themselves, and it will not be difficult to remove the meat with a knife from the shells.
- Also easy to cook peeled mussels. They need to fall asleep in a saucepan with cold, salted water and wait until it boils and the surface is covered with foam.
- Do not cook mussels for a long time, it becomes tough and loses all its useful substances.
How to cook peeled mussels: a classic recipe
Do you want to cook delicious peeled mussels without spending a lot of time? Easy!
- mussels - 400 g
- garlic - 2 cloves
- table wine - 250 ml
- butter - 30 g
- Shallot - 2 g
- cream of high fat content - 50 ml
- parsley - 15 g
- a pinch of curry - 15 g
- Finely chop the shallot, garlic and parsley. Transfer this mixture to a preheated pan. After some time, add the washed peeled mussels. Pour the wine slowly, stirring all the time. After that, cover the pan with a lid and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Wait for the mussels to open and transfer them to the skillet. Those that did not open, remove. Fill the dish with cream. Add a little curry, pepper, salt and butter. Mix well and leave to cook for another 5 minutes. Pour the prepared dish with the resulting sauce and serve.
How to cook frozen mussels in Korean
Mussels in Korean - an unusual recipe, not at all difficult to perform.
- mussels - 500 g
- onions - 3 heads
- soy sauce - 50 ml
- Honey - 1 tbsp.
- hot red pepper
- black pepper
- Thaw the mussels and rinse them thoroughly under cold water. Boil for five minutes, drain in a colander. Leave the water to drain.
- Peel the clams, then the onions. Cut it into half rings, salt, sprinkle with a few drops of lime and leave to marinate. While the onion is cooking, add the nutmeg at the tip of the knife to the soy sauce.
- The rest of the spices - to taste. Stir in lime juice and honey and heat well. Then combine the clams, onions and sauce. Sprinkle everything with red pepper, mix - and in the refrigerator. Korean style mussels eat only cold ones.
How to cook peeled frozen mussels?
Before cooking mussels should be thawed, it is desirable to do this in a microwave oven to speed up the process. But often they are laid out in a dish for cooking and frozen.
Extremely tasty mollusks are obtained, roasted in olive oil with the addition of garlic, onions and celery. In this case, you need to fry only vegetables, and mussels are stewed with them only after the vegetables turn golden in color and sour cream and white wine are added to them.
Mussels stewed in this way can be added to various dishes. For example, you can prepare a salad of squid and asparagus with the addition of mussels, use them as a savory filling for pizza.
You can diversify the daily family menu by cooking mussels in batter. To do this, mix milk, sugar, flour and egg yolk. The protein is whipped into a thick foam and added to the dough. Peeled mussels are dipped in batter and fried in a large amount of vegetable oil. Put the prepared dish on the mussel wings, decorating it with greens and lemon slices.
Mussel Dishes: Original Recipes
Mussels can be cooked many interesting dishes. But even the most ordinary and familiar with the addition of mollusks will acquire a unique taste.
- mussels - 700 g
- rice - 1 glass
- butter - 40 g
- carrots - 1 pc.
- onion - 1 pc.
- tomato paste - 1 tsp
- bay leaf, salt and pepper - to taste
- Boil the clams in salted water. Do not pour out the water in which they were boiled, it will come in handy! Dip the carrots, peeled and grated, peeled and finely chopped onion into the oil.
- The secret of the dish is that there should be rice in the pan, fry it together with vegetables. When the onion turns golden, add 2 cups of water to the iron pot, in which mussels are boiled, add tomato paste and bay leaf, salt and pepper. The fire should be small.
- When rice is almost ready, add the mussels. Serve the dish hot, after decorating it with greens.
- mussels - 600 g
- fillet of sea bass and haddock - 150 g
- crab meat - 150 g
- white wine - 500 ml
- onion - 2 heads
- olive oil - 5 tbsp. l
- red and yellow sweet pepper - 150 g
- meat broth - 500 ml
- black pepper
- Bay leaf
- Wash mussels with a brush. Boil for 4 minutes in a small amount of salt water and drain in a colander. Throw away unopened shells; remove any meat from the remaining ones, with the exception of 6 pieces.
- Cut the fish into pieces, dice the onions and stew in olive oil. Sweet pepper chop strips. Add it to the bow and simmer for 2 minutes. Pour in the broth, put peas, bay leaves and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and boil. Add the fish and cook for 3 minutes. Put the meat of mussels and crabs, heat and season. Pour the soup into plates, decorating it with clams in shells and thyme.
Of the many recipes for cooking mussels, everyone will certainly find something for themselves. Be sure to try to make at least one or more dishes from mollusks. This useful exotic delicacy will certainly become your favorite!