You can cook almost any dish in the microwave: bake a chicken, make porridge or pudding, and even cook eggs. What about convenience foods? And with this, it is worth noting that there are no problems. Today we will tell you how to cook dumplings in the microwave.
Dumplings without haste
Is it possible to cook dumplings in the microwave? This question is asked by many, including experienced chefs. In fact, using a microwave oven, you can not just cook dumplings, but you can make a really tasty and satisfying dish, the main advantages of which are simplicity, speed and quality.
In the microwave, you can cook yourself a hearty meal, being in the office, at home, when there is no time to wait for the water to boil, or practically in field conditions, if the kitchen is under repair. To do this, just remember the 3 rules:
- It is better to cook the dish in small portions - a maximum of 10-15 pieces, otherwise some dumplings will simply remain raw.
- For a microwave oven, you need to use special non-stick cookware without shiny coatings, preferably glass.
- Freshly made dumplings for cooking in the microwave will not work. They must first be frozen.
It’s a paradox, but the dumplings made in this way are never boiled soft and are much more juicy than their fellows boiled in water on the stove.
How to cook dumplings in the microwave with water? Yes, everything is very simple: it only takes an earthen pot and a few minutes of free time. In addition, do not pour the broth from the plate afterwards, because it will turn out very rich and tasty.
- 10-15 frozen dumplings;
- 1 tbsp. water;
- Bay leaf;
- seasonings, salt and pepper.
- First of all, we need to boil water, but while it is heating up, we take out dumplings from the freezer and fill them with a pot.
- Put in your favorite pot seasonings, bay leaf for smell and taste, a pinch of salt. Fill all the ingredients with hot boiling water to the top.
- Put the pot on a plate and put in the microwave. We set the maximum power and the timer for 5-6 minutes on the display.
- After the allotted time, we simply take the pot out of the oven and enjoy the excellent taste of the pelmeni.
Grilled ravioli with soy sauce
Everyone loves fried dumplings, but in everyday life we cook them in a pan with butter. Try to diversify your gastronomic horizons and cook dumplings on the grill.
- 4-5 large dumplings;
- some water;
- seasonings and spices as desired;
- soy sauce.
- Put the dumplings in a fairly deep non-stick dishes, suitable for use in the microwave, and fill them with water to exactly half.
- Cover the dish with a plate of slightly smaller or exactly the same diameter and place in the microwave oven, putting it at full capacity.
- After about 3-4 minutes, remove the plate from the microwave oven and drain the remaining water into the sink.
- Almost cooked dumplings top with soy sauce.
- Again we send the plate to the microwave, but now we set the grill mode on the display.
- Fry the semi-finished products on each side until golden brown. Serve the ready dumplings to the table along with the soy sauce.
Delicious dumplings in sour cream
Another simple way to cook semi-finished products is to replace the water with sour cream. By the way, you can always use kefir, sour milk, milk or unsweetened yogurt instead. And if, in addition to everything, sprinkle dumplings with grated cheese and bake them on the grill for another 2 minutes, you can get a delicious crust.
- 10 dumplings;
- 1-2 tbsp. l sour cream;
- ½ tbsp. water.
- Since we are preparing dinner, based on all the functions of modern technology, we also boil water exclusively in the electric kettle.
- Then we dilute sour cream in water and pour our dumplings with the resulting sauce, mix everything well.
- Cover the plate with a lid. You can still wrap it tightly with cling film, but then do not forget to make several small holes for steam to escape.
- We put the plate in the microwave at full capacity and wait about 6-7 minutes, after which we enjoy a surprisingly tasty dinner.
Dessert dumplings in watermelon
How to cook in the microwave ordinary dumplings, we have already told, and it's time to get acquainted with a not quite familiar dish. Meet: hit of the season - dumplings, cooked in watermelon juice. Amazing, right? You have not tasted them yet!
- 1 small sized watermelon;
- With a small but quite ripe and juicy watermelon, we cut off the very top of the head.
- Using a large spoon, take out all the pulp and carefully clean the bones.
- The resulting cavity is filled with frozen semi-finished products, leaving a little space on top.
- Then we take the cleaned pulp and squeeze the juice out of it. If there is a juicer, the process will go much faster, although the watermelon juice perfectly squeezes and hands.
- We cover all the dumplings with juice. If it is not enough, you can add a little beet juice or regular boiled water.
- Cover the flesh with the cut off top and remove the watermelon in the microwave for about 7-10 minutes.
- When the oven signals the end of the cooking process, remove the watermelon, and from it we get the dumplings.
- Slightly fry the semi-finished products in a pan with butter to make a delicious crisp.
- Our dish is ready!
If you are skeptical about this method of cooking store and home-made semi-finished products, we hope that now your opinion will change dramatically. The microwave oven is designed not only to heat food, but also copes with the function of their preparation. Still do not believe? Then try it yourself, and enjoy your meal!