Dumplings - one of the easiest and fastest in cooking, especially when it comes to ready-made semi-finished products. It is enough to throw them into boiling water for 4-5 minutes, and a hearty lunch is ready. If we talk about working with a multicooker, which the hostesses are very fond of, it takes a little more time, but in some cases it may be more convenient than the process at the stove.
How to cook dumplings in a multicooker "Redmond", "Polaris" or another manufacturer? How many cooking methods can you use?
Features cooking pelmeni in a slow cooker
The first thing that professionals focus on is the best way to work with frozen semi-finished products. If you sculpted it yourself, first send it in the freezer for 4-5 hours, and only then proceed to cooking. Such a requirement is due to the fact that you do not have the opportunity to periodically stir the dish in the slow cooker, as you do on the stove, and the thawed dumplings in it often stick together.
- The minimum amount of water for the preparation of the product is 1.5 liters. It is necessary to increase it if you plan to cook more than 50 pcs., But for a smaller amount the volume does not change.
- If you are working in any mode except steam and frying (the latter is usually complementary to the main process), remember that the long storage of dumplings in the water is not allowed. As soon as the slow cooker announces the end of work, the lid opens, the product is collected with a slotted spoon or a soup ladle, depending on whether broth is needed in the dish, and is served at the table.
Also, there are some nuances associated directly with the models of this kitchen appliances. For example, in the Polaris multicooker, you can cook dumplings as in a conventional saucepan: pour water into the bowl, set the temperature at 120 degrees, wait for the water to boil and put the dumplings there, then cook, without closing the lid, in the multi-cook mode. You can also use the "pasta" mode, or the "pasta", if we are talking about the Redmond multicooker.
Ways of cooking pelmeni in a slow cooker
The most infrequently used, but the most useful and in some way interesting, because the dish is devoid of broth and the accompanying moisture - this is steam. Steamed dumplings in a slow cooker are succulent, but the dough remains dense, looks a lot different from the cooked one. Well suited for subsequent roasting or roasting. To do this, use a special basket, which comes even with budget models.
- Pour water into the main bowl - its volume should not be less than 1.5 liters, because otherwise you will not get enough steam and the stuffing will be poorly cooked. Grease the basket for steam treatment with vegetable oil: it is best to take olive oil, which can be heated.
- Add salt to the water, put frozen dumplings in the basket so that they cover the bottom evenly, put it in the bowl. Cover the multicooker with a lid, select the "steamed" mode and wait for the beep to announce the end of the work.
Dumplings made according to this method can be left inside for a while, or can be served directly to the table. Or they can be given a beautiful golden crust, for which the "baking" mode is used: visually the product will look like fried, but does not have such a degree of harm. To do this, simply put them in an empty multicooker bowl, without adding oil, and cook on each side for 7-10 minutes.
- You can fry in this mode and not boiled dumplings, but in this case oil will still be used: they are treated at the bottom of the bowl, where the frozen dumplings are put. First, the oil is heated (5-7 minutes), then the main product is injected. Then set the mode "baking", and after 15 minutes. dumplings turn and pour water - about 100 ml. At the same time, it is recommended to add salt and seasonings. In the same mode, they continue to cook for another 25-30 minutes.
If you want the dumplings to be fried with vegetables or mushrooms, lay them at the same time as you pour in the water. The amount of liquid can be reduced if frozen vegetables are used.
- But still, the most relevant and common way is cooking boiled dumplings with broth and essential spices. This can be done in the "boiling" mode, but if the broth is important, it is recommended to first pour water, add bay leaf and onions, and then set the "soup" mode. After 40-45 minutes frozen dumplings and peas are thrown in there, after which the dish is cooked for another 10-15 minutes, but in the "cooking" mode.
Varieties of the finished product are often attached to sauces: sour cream is usually used as a dressing, and sometimes garlic cloves are added to it. Professionals also advised to take a little more Parmesan or Brie cheese with mold, grate and mix in sour cream. This sauce should pour a hot dish to soften the cheese on the temperature.