In childhood, many of us were forced to eat porridge, praising its useful properties. A thick mass with unpleasant clumps has since been associated with punishment. Meanwhile, semolina can be not only useful, but incredibly tasty. If you know how to cook semolina on milk, you can get a delicious and very nutritious breakfast.
Why is semolina porridge a popular breakfast for children and adults? Is she really that helpful? In fact, the semolina contains almost no vitamins or fiber. But it has a lot of starch and vegetable proteins. It is a very nutritious product, at the same time well absorbed by the body. The main value of the decoy is that it is the only of all cereals absorbed in the lower part of the intestine, therefore, it is indicated for people with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. However, semolina children will bring less benefit than the older generation. This croup removes from the body not only harmful substances, but also useful, mineral, which can affect the development of a growing organism.
Semolina porridge can be prepared in different ways, with or without milk. And if you add different toppings, the dish will also be quite original.
Semolina on milk
Any porridge will be much tastier and more fragrant if you cook it with the addition of milk. To get the porridge of the desired thickness, you need to strictly observe the proportions. At 1 tbsp. liquids use 1 tsp. semolina - then your porridge will be of medium thickness. If you are interested in cooking liquid semolina porridge with milk, simply increase the amount of the latter.
- milk - 200 ml;
- semolina - 3 tsp;
- sugar -1 tsp;
- salt - at its discretion;
- butter - at its discretion.
- Pour milk into a saucepan or ladle with a thick bottom and put on a small fire. Add a spoonful of water to avoid burning.
- Wait for the liquid to boil, add salt and sugar, and then reduce the heat, pour the grits (in a thin stream), stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- After boiling boil porridge for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for a while under the hood.
Some housewives advise to soak the cereal in cold water for 10 minutes before cooking. During this time, it will absorb the liquid and swell. After that you need to fill the semolina boiling milk. The porridge will have an interesting creamy taste if boiled on melted milk. And if you use coconut milk and add other ingredients, you get a real treat.
Tasty porridge on coconut milk with pistachios
Not a single child, even the most capricious, will refuse this delicate dessert.
- semolina - 50 g;
- coconut milk - 140 g;
- cow's milk - 1 tbsp .;
- pistachios - 40 g;
- sugar - 40 g;
- salt - pinch;
- fresh berries and mint leaves for decoration.
- Put cow's milk on the fire and wait for it to boil.
- Pour the semolina in a thin stream, not forgetting to stir.
- Add salt, sugar, add pistachios.
- Pour in coconut milk and cook for 3 minutes.
- Decorate the porridge with fresh berries and mint.
This semolina dessert, especially if you put it in a beautiful ice-cream pan, will be a great solution for those who do not like ordinary semolina.
How else can you make delicious semolina porridge with milk so that your child will eat it with pleasure? Try adding a favorite chocolate treat to it.
- semolina - 1, 5 tbsp. l .;
- milk - 1 tbsp .;
- cocoa powder - 1 tsp;
- butter - 1 tsp;
- Milk chocolate - 2-3 slices;
- sugar, salt.
- Bring milk to a boil, salt a little.
- In a separate bowl, mix cocoa and semolina.
- Add the mixture to the milk, cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Sweeten a little and add a piece of butter.
- Put the porridge in a plate, and rub the chocolate on top.
The main thing here is not to overdo it with sugar and chocolate, otherwise it will turn out too sweet.
Cooking semolina in a slow cooker
Cooking semolina does not take much time and effort, especially if you use a slow cooker.
- semolina - 100 g;
- milk - 160 ml;
- water - 160 ml;
- fresh or frozen berries - 100 g;
- honey - 3 tsp;
- salt - a pinch.
- Pour milk, water and honey into the multicooker bowl, pour the semolina and mix thoroughly.
- On the mode of "Porridge" cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the berries and set the "Heated" mode for another 10 minutes.
- Stir the finished porridge and garnish with fresh berries.
Very appetizing, and most importantly, a quick breakfast is ready!
How to weld semolina on the water?
All of the above recipes for semolina suggest the use of dairy products. And how to cook porridge without milk? About the same way! And to make it tastier, flavor your gruel with a fragrant banana.
- semolina - 2-3 tbsp. l .;
- water - 1 tbsp .;
- butter - 1 tsp;
- sugar - 2 tsp. (honey can be);
- salt - to your taste;
- banana - 1 pc.
- Bring water to a boil, reduce heat.
- Slowly, pour in the semolina (only not in a continuous stream, but in a stream). Stir.
- Boil for 3 minutes, add sugar and salt. Continue cooking for about 3 more minutes.
- At this time, grind the banana with a blender (or mash with a fork in mashed potatoes).
- Remove the porridge, add the butter and banana puree. Stir and close the container with a lid.
It is just like that to make healthy and nutritious porridge without dairy products.
Cook porridge in chicken broth
Without milk, you can make porridge also in such an unusual way.
- semolina - 2 tbsp. l with a hill;
- chicken breast - a small piece;
- butter - 30 g;
- salt - to taste;
- seasonings (dill, turmeric).
- Boil the breast in salted water. Cut into pieces and return to the broth, seasoned with spices.
- Bring the broth to a boil, slowly pour in the semolina. Stir continuously.
- Cook porridge on low heat for 7-8 minutes.
- Add dill and butter.
This unusual, savory, but very tasty semolina can be treated to loved ones not only for breakfast but also for lunch.
Now, knowing how to cook semolina on milk, water or meat broth, you can prove to anyone that it can be a very tasty and satisfying dish. It can even be put on the festive table as an original dessert, to which the guests will react with at least a pleasant surprise.