Mussels are no longer considered a delicacy: the inhabitants of the depths are sold in free access, and their price is relatively low. The content of healthy substances of bivalve surpasses many foods, and it is also a true delicacy for gourmets. How to cook frozen peeled mussels? The recipe may be the most unexpected, because sauces, cutlets and even dumplings are made from mussels!
You need to choose mollusks very carefully. Inexperience in this matter threatens to turn into a waste of money and frustration.
- Mussels should be evenly frozen - they should not be taken when they are melted.
- Packaging must be complete.
- The quality of mussels, like fish, can be checked by smell. If clams smell like sea water, they are fresh. If there are any extraneous notes - it means that the product is not suitable for use.
Frozen peeled mussels do not need any intricate processing. All that is needed is to defrost seafood to room temperature and rinse well.
Fried mussels. Method 1
- vegetable oil (preferably olive oil);
- Mussels are thawed and thoroughly washed under running water.
- Pour some oil on a frying pan, heat up, put mussels in a container and add salt.
- After evaporation of excess liquid, the mollusks are fried for 5 minutes, not more. If over time to go too far, then the mussels will become "rubber".
How to fry mussels in the pan more intricate? This can be done with onions and garlic.
- olive oil;
- Onion or 3 cloves of garlic.
- Mussels are well washed and run in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes.
- Throw seafood in a colander and let the water drain.
- In olive oil, fry the onion, chopped into half rings, or finely chopped garlic and add the mussels to the container. Roast them on high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Finished clams spread in a deep plate and sprinkled with lemon juice. If desired, you can add parsley or dill.
How to cook frozen mussels?
- frozen mussels;
- lemon juice.
- Mussels are well washed under running water and pour milk for 30-40 minutes.
- Water is salted, herbs are added to it and set on fire.
- Milk is drained from the mollusks, put into boiling water and boiled for 5-7 minutes.
- Cooked mussels are placed on a plate, sprinkled with lemon juice.
Cooked frozen mussels can be cooked not only as ingredients for salads or in addition to a side dish. Mollusks cooked with spices, may well be a separate dish. And if you cook mussels in milk, you can do without the addition of herbs. Seafood will be tasty and without them.
How to pickle frozen peeled mussels? Knowing the answer to this question, you will have at your disposal a real delicacy.
- water - ½ st .;
- mussels - 600 g;
- vegetable oil - 4 tbsp. l .;
- vinegar 9% - 4 tbsp. l .;
- soy sauce - 4 tbsp. l .;
- coriander - 1 tsp;
- carnation - 3 inflorescences;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- pepper - ½ tsp;
- bay leaf - 3 pcs .;
- Dill and parsley.
- Before marinating cleaned frozen mussels, they must be thawed and rinsed well.
- For the marinade, water, oil, vinegar and soy sauce are mixed in a saucepan.
- Add salt, sugar, coriander, cloves and bay leaf.
- The brine is brought to a boil and the prepared mussels are dipped into it.
- After a minute, remove the container from the heat.
- As soon as the mussels in the marinade cool, they add the greens and garlic, cut into thin plates, and put in the cold.
- After 4 hours the mussels will be ready, but it is better to pickle the clams for the night.
It is easy to cook mussels, frozen peeled: the recipe for almost any dish with clams is quite simple in execution. They can even not be subjected to heat treatment: these seafood is often served raw, slightly sprinkled with lemon juice. And if you show a little imagination, you can make a dish worthy of a royal table.