Discard all thoughts of hard, sticky and tasteless boiled breast. Homemade salads, sandwiches, and the usual light dinner deserve only the best products. And for this, of course, useful knowledge of how much to cook chicken fillet. We will figure out how to get tender and juicy chicken meat.
Want a juicy boiled breast? Nothing is easier!
Chicken breast is a versatile ingredient for almost every kind of savory dish. It has a very soft and delicate texture, due to which it is perfect for making salads, soups and sandwiches. This is an excellent choice for those who are looking for a decent alternative to red meat and care about their health.
There are many ways to cook a chicken, but the quickest and most convenient of them is boiling it in a saucepan:
- Fill two-thirds of the saucepan with water, or just use as much liquid to completely cover the meat.
- If you are going to cook chicken for cooking soup, you can add fragrant herbs and spicy mixtures to the water. Do you want cooked meat to fit most dishes? Then just add some salt water. For Mexican and spicy recipes, cumin and garlic are added to the water.
- When is it necessary to lay the fillet? There is no fundamental difference: you can put the meat in cold or already boiling water. The main thing - after adding meat to reduce the heat and cook the chicken at medium or low temperature. How much chicken fillet will cook depends on several factors:
- for meat with bones and skin, you need to spend about 30 minutes of time;
- boneless breast cooks 15-20 minutes;
- Chopped pieces of chicken fillet must be cooked for about 10 minutes.
- The finished chicken meat is removed from the broth and cooled. By the way, boiled chicken can be stored in the refrigerator under the cling film for up to 2 days.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in the cooking process. But here you need to clarify one small point: if the meat was previously frozen, and there is no time to wait until it thaws, then the preparation time of the breast should be doubled from the set.
Another important factor influencing how many minutes to cook the chicken fillet is the cooking method itself. So, with the arrival of modern appliances in the kitchen, which makes life easier for housewives, they began to cook chicken meat in slow cookers, pressure cookers and even in the microwave. And for each kitchen appliance has its own time frame:
- Chicken fillet in a slow cooker should be cooked in the "Steamer" mode for approximately 40 minutes.
- Pressure cooker will cope with the task faster multicooker. For large pieces, half an hour is enough, and small loin pieces will be ready in 7-10 minutes.
- And the quickest way is a microwave. For a device with a power of 750 W it will take 15 minutes, and ovens up to 1000 W will well boil the fillets in 10 minutes. Here it is important that the bowl was covered with cling film with a small puncture in the center, otherwise the water will boil out, and the fat stains the walls of the microwave.
Each method is good in its own way, but experienced housewives and professional chefs argue that the most juicy and flavorful breast is obtained if you boil it in a conventional oven.
What is poached filet, and how to cook it?
On English-speaking resources and in recipes of other countries you can find such a phrase as poached chicken. This principle of cooking chicken fillet is very similar to the process of cooking poached eggs. It is for this dish and received a similar name in Russia and the CIS countries - chicken poached filet.
Its main advantage over conventional methods is that all the juice is stored inside the fillet and as a result the chicken turns out to be very tender and soft. Especially this method of cooking is suitable for the preparation of salads and homemade pate.
So, we need a little cling film, a couple of yarns, a clean chicken fillet without skin and bones. Start the cooking process:
- Chicken fillet cleared of the vein and cut lengthwise into two halves. Put the meat in a bowl and season with your favorite spices and aromatic herbs, you can add a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- In the meantime, we put water into the pan so that it completely covers the meat.
- Now tear off a long enough piece of cling film to fit all the fillets, and fold it in half.
- We spread the meat from one edge of the food package and wrap the film on the principle of a snail house. Try to do it tightly enough. The edges of the film are fixed with threads or simply tied with a tight knot.
- As soon as the water in the saucepan boils, gently drop the bundle into it. How much to cook chicken fillet until cooked, is determined by the weight of the meat. For 500 grams, 13-15 minutes will be enough, and large pieces will require an additional few minutes.
- Prepare the finished breast from the film and cool.
Poached chicken can be immediately cut into a salad or wrapped in cling film and frozen in the refrigerator.
- It is important not only to know how much to cook chicken fillet for salad, but also to prepare the water properly. For spicy salads, add a little garlic, oregano and cumin to the broth. For snacks with a neutral shade, you can just lightly salt and pepper the water.
- To speed up the process of breast preparation, take a small saucepan. Water boils faster due to the smaller heating area.
- If you plan to use the fillet for the second dish, then leave it in the broth until you need it. So the meat will not be crushed and will remain juicy.
That's all, now you can safely proceed to the preparation of delicious and healthy chicken meat. Enjoy your meal!