Capelin belongs to the family of salmon, but inferior to their relatives in size.
Like all salmon, this fish is rich in proteins, calcium, and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Capelin is popular all over the world, and it is clear why. Firstly, it is healthy, and secondly, it can be easily and tasty cooked.
How to cook capelin?
Capelin - an excellent source of vitamins B, as well as A and D. In addition, this sea fish contains the most important amino acids - cysteine, threonine, methionine, as well as fluorine, bromine, iodine, sodium, potassium, phosphorus and selenium. Selena in capelin is about 10 times more than in meat.
The fish is most popular with the Japanese, who eat it at home and in a restaurant.
The taste of capelin dishes depends largely on the degree of its fat content. And she, in turn, is in direct proportion to the season: autumn fish, for example, 2 times fatter spring.
- Serve capelin to the table as a cold appetizer before main dishes. Many people love this fish because it does not need to be gutted and cut into fillets, but you can eat it whole.
- Capelin contains more than 20% protein, which is easily digested, it has little connective tissue, which explainscooking speed this sea fish.
- Like most seafood, it is best to put it in boiling water and cook over low heat. Do not forget to cover the pan with a lid so that the pleasant aroma lasts longer.
- This fish is well servedwhite flour or sour cream sauces. And it goes well with broth-based sauces.
- One of the best side dishes is rice. And capelin is good with boiled and baked potatoes, fresh vegetables, especially tomatoes, red or green beans. Delicious is the dish of this product under the marinade, as well as mustard sauce. Its flavor will complement cilantro, parsley, basil and dill. A capelin with thin slices of lemon and white wine is a wonderful treat.
How to cook capelin in the oven?
- In order to cook delicious capelin in the oven, you will not have to put a lot of effort. If you have purchased frozen fish, you should get it out of the fridge and put it to thaw at room temperature a couple of hours before cooking. Then rinse under running water.
- It is better to gut capelin and remove the head before cooking, but many people like to cook it whole. And yet it is better to cut the fish in advance to remove the black film, which can give a taste of bitterness. Caviar can not throw away, and bake in the oven.
- Warm up the oven to 220 degrees and then lay the capelin rolled in flour on a pre-greased baking sheet. Sprinkle the fish with Italian herbs, salt and pepper to taste. Put the pan in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- This fish is quite fat, so the dish in the oven turns out juicy and tasty. It will be quite appropriate on your table and on a holiday, and on weekdays.
How to cook capelin?
There is no one recipe how to cook capelin. Exquisitely delicious fish stew turns out.
- Put the washed capelin in an even layer in the pan, salt and pepper. Top with the onion sliced in half rings. Layers alternate several times. Top with fragrant greens and bay leaves.
- Pour boiling water so that everything disappears. Put the pan on the fire, bring to a boil, then cover all with a lid. Stew on low heat for about 10 minutes. Arrange the fish on plates and pour broth.
- If you have good patience, you can cook capelin more elegantly. Peel and cut it into pitted fillets. Labor is laborious, but it will surely pay off with compliments of those for whom you are trying. Fry the fillet until golden brown in vegetable oil, then fold into a saucepan, cover with sour cream, sprinkle generously with cheese and bake in the oven until a golden surface forms. This dish should be served with fresh vegetables and fragrant greens.
Want to surprise everyone with the unusual taste of the usual products, be sure to prepare a dish of capelin. It is not excluded that it will become a frequent guest on your table, giving you and your loved ones real culinary pleasure!