Schoolchildren, students and avid bachelors know exactly how many minutes to cook dumplings, because this dish takes up most of their diet. But for inexperienced cooks cooking dough with meat can be a real problem. Today we will tell you how to properly prepare dumplings, so as not to end up with a strange shapeless mass.
The technology of cooking delicious dumplings
Dumplings - tasty, nourishing and very high-calorie dish. They are prepared large and small, with different flavors and spices. And almost every inhabitant of our immense Motherland loves this simple and uncomplicated dish. A huge variety of dumplings industry allows you to choose products stuffed with meat for every taste: with chicken, pork, beef, or simultaneously with several types of minced meat.
Before you decide how much you need to cook dumplings, it is worth saying that much will depend on the way they are cooked. Dumplings, cooked in a regular saucepan, are considered the classic variant, steamed ravioli are more dietary and tender, and lovers of eating in a hurry can afford to make lunch in the microwave.
Let's start with the traditional methods:
- First choose a pot of the correct size. The dishes should be with high sides and a wide bottom, so that each dumpling feels comfortable and does not try to stick to its fellows.
- Then pour water into the pan per 100 grams of dumplings with 400 ml of liquid. Add some black peppercorns in water, bay leaves, half onions and set them on the stove.
- After the water comes to a boil, alternately lower the pelmeni into the pan and immediately stir them with a slotted spoon.
- Over high heat bring the water to a boil again, stirring occasionally stirring the contents. Cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat of the burner to the minimum.
And only after all these actions comes an important point: how much do you need to cook dumplings after boiling water? Here you should pay attention to the dough from which our dumplings were made:
- regular store dumplings of standard size cook about 7 minutes;
- small ravioli just hold in boiling water for only 5 minutes;
- dumplings made from choux pastry, the most tender, and they are prepared only 3-4 minutes;
- if the dough was made according to the classic recipe with eggs, the cooking time is 10 minutes;
- Frozen homemade ready-to-cook products cook as much as the store product.
In the finished pelmenki add a piece of butter, season them with sour cream, herbs, fried onions and spices.
Cook the dumplings in a slow cooker
With the invention of this wonderful unit, many kitchen appliances, which are still popular, are now covered with a thin layer of dust in the cabinet. The slow cooker is so functional that almost any dish can be cooked in it, and most importantly, without much effort.
How to cook dumplings in a slow cooker? Everything will depend on the mode you choose:
- Cooking ravioli in steamed mode:
- At the bottom of the multi-cooker bowl, water is poured, approximately 1.5-2 liters, a plastic holder is placed on top, on which the dumplings are placed at some distance from each other.
- Then set the cooking mode "Steamed".
- And if there is no such function, then you can boil the dumplings in the Multipovar mode by setting the timer to 30-40 minutes.
- If you want to cook the dumplings in the water according to the classic recipe, then use the function "Soup":
- First, pour the required amount of water into the bowl, season with salt and pepper and turn on the program.
- After 7 minutes, when the water begins to boil, place the pelmeni in the slow cooker, mix and close the lid.
- In this mode, the dish will be ready in half an hour, but during cooking, it is recommended to stir the dumplings periodically.
Ready-made pelmeni can be served with broth or you can add a generous portion of sour cream with horseradish to the dish.
"Only an evil genius could think of something that could hide the meat in such a sophisticated way"
Where did the dumplings come from, and who came up with this dish? Disputes about this do not subside until now. And although in the CIS countries, dumplings are considered a dish of national cuisine, they are prepared not only by us:
- The Chinese started cooking analogue dumplings 1500 years ago. The famous healer Zhang Chongjing used this unusual way to heal people from frostbite during the period of severe frosts.
- Visiting one of the provinces of Italy, you can learn this legend: the dumplings were invented by medieval monks who were tired of fasting. They hid forbidden meat in the dough, and in order to disguise the smell, many spices were added to the water.
- There is a version that the dumplings were invented by the nomads of the wild North, who thus tried to keep the meat from the attacks of wild animals.
Judging the plausibility of any of the versions is difficult. Nevertheless, many nations are grateful for such a tasty and satisfying invention of mankind. On the shelves of shops today you can find a lot of delicious dumplings from around the world. There are no problems with the preparation of this dish according to native Russian homemade recipes.