Mackerel is a tasty and healthy fish that perfectly combines optimal price and quality.
Mackerel meat is rich in protein, which is absorbed by the body several times better than animal meat. The mackerel fillet is enriched with vitamins A, D, and B, and also contains a large amount of iodine, fluorine, phosphorus, and magnesium. Mackerel contains unsaturated fatty acids that stimulate the cardiovascular system.
Marinated mackerel is easy to prepareand does not require much time - it will be ready the next day.
Marinated Mackerel: recipe with garlic
- Frozen mackerel - 3 pcs.
- Onions - 3 pcs.
- Vinegar - 3 tbsp.
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp.
- Salt - 1 tbsp.
- Pepper and spices - to taste
- Bay leaf
- Rinse frozen mackerel under running water (do not thaw) by pulling out the insides and cutting off the head.
- Cut the fish into pieces about 3 cm thick.
- Peel the onions from the husk, cut it into half rings. Pass the garlic through the garlic press. Fold the ingredients in a separate bowl, add vegetable oil, vinegar, salt and spices. Stir marinade.
- Take a glass jar (or any other vessel), place a bay leaf on the bottom. Put the mackerel in the jar. Water each layer of mackerel with cooked marinade.
- Mackerel should be tightly packed, and the marinade - completely cover the fish. If the marinade is not enough, pour more vegetable oil.
- Cover the jar with a lid and refrigerate. A day later, pickled mackerel at home will be ready!
Mackerel marinated with onions: a recipe
- Mackerel - 2 pcs.
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Apple cider vinegar - 6 tbsp.
- Salt - 1 tbsp.
- Water - 1 tbsp.
- Clean mackerel from entrails, cut off the head and all fins.
- Cut the mackerel into portions (about 3 cm thick).
- Cut the onion into rings.
- Place the mackerel and onions in a large bowl.
- In a separate container, prepare the marinade: mix water, salt and vinegar.
- Pour marinade with mackerel and onions.
- Put the pot of pickled mackerel in the refrigerator for 12 hours. After 12 hours, turn over each piece of fish and again put in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
Homemade pickled mackerel with carrots
- Frozen mackerel - 1 pc.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Allspice - 5 pcs.
- Black pepper peas - 10 pcs.
- Salt - 2 tbsp.
- Sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Vinegar 30-% - 2 tbsp.
- Water - 1 l
- Thaw mackerel, cut off the head and clean the fish from the entrails.
- Cut the mackerel into small pieces.
- Cut the onion into rings.
- Peel and slice the carrots.
- Finely chop the dill.
- Make a marinade: mix salt, sugar, pepper and bay leaf. Add 1 liter of water to the mixture, put on the fire and bring to a boil. Remove the marinade from the heat and pour in the vinegar. Cool it down.
- Fold the mackerel in a bowl, shifting carrot and onion. Pour the marinade over the fish and sprinkle with dill. Put the pickled mackerel in the fridge for 2 days.
- When the mackerel marinated at home is cooked, it can be served at the table.
Homemade pickled mackerel: dry method
- Mackerel - 1 pc.
- Fine salt
- Black Pepper Peas
- Ground black pepper
The number of ingredients for dry marinade is prepared to taste.
- Clean mackerel from entrails and bones. Wash and dry the fillets.
- In a separate container, mix the salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary and finely chopped garlic.
- Take a suitable container, on the bottom of which pour one layer of dry marinade. Put on a dry marinade mackerel sandpaper down. Sprinkle the marinade on top of the fish and place the mackerel fillet down with the pulp. Continue until mackerel is over. Pour the remaining marinade over the mackerel. Cover the container with plastic wrap.
- Place the pickled mackerel in the fridge for a day.
- After the past tense, get the fish out of the fridge. You will see that liquid has formed in the container. Shake the mackerel fillets from the marinade, and better rinse under running water. When you wash each piece, blot it with cooking paper.
- Wrap each piece of mackerel in foil, place the pieces sealed in a container and put it in the refrigerator.
- Mackerel, marinated by the dry method at home, will be ready in 1 week. Ready fish can be served.
At home, marinated mackerel can be served as a separate snack, as a filling for sandwiches or as a main dish with boiled potatoes. Marinating mackerel is not difficult, therefore, you do not need special culinary skills and knowledge.
Marinated mackerel - very tasty fish, moreover, at home it will turn out without the addition of dyes and preservatives, which makes it even more useful.