A herring under a fur coat can be safely called the national dish of Russia, because no celebration can do without it. But sometimes you still really want to make at least some variety in the holiday menu. In this case, you can cook the well-known to all herring under a fur coat roll. The taste is the same, but it looks very impressive!
We can safely say that the salad "herring under a fur coat" is experiencing its second birth. The unusual presentation of the famous snack - roll - attracted many hostesses, and for good reason. Time for cooking takes, of course, more than in the case of a layered dish, but the effect is unforgettable.
Herring under a fur coat roll
In order for the salad not to fall apart into pieces at the most crucial moment, when preparing a roll, you must follow one simple rule - rub the beets only on the smallest grater.
- 500 g of herring (fillet);
- 1 kg of beets;
- 3 carrots;
- 5 eggs;
- 3 potatoes;
- Before cooking the original roll, boil all the ingredients and chop the herring finely.
- Cooked vegetables and eggs cool and grate with the smallest holes.
- If grated beets emit a lot of juice, be sure to squeeze it through gauze, otherwise all the ingredients in the roll will be painted in burgundy color, and you need them to be different when cutting.
- Spread cling film. You can navigate to the size of the cutting board.
- Shredded beets lay a layer about 1 cm thick. Cover it with another film on top, slightly tighten and gently level, because this will be the "face" of your roll.
- When everything is level, remove the film and apply a thin layer of mayonnaise on the beets, then a layer of carrots. Be sure to leave the edges of the free space. The carrot layer may be thinner or the same as the beetroot, but it should be smaller in size.
- Then use the film again and tamp everything.
- Spread the layers on the carrot in the following sequence: mayonnaise, potatoes (it can be slightly salted), grated eggs and herring in the very center.
- Now you can roll the layers into a roll: first from one edge to the middle, and then from the other edge, trying to connect them with each other.
- Align the seam formed on the surface of the roll.
- Salad gently place on the dish seam down and decorate, how much fantasy you have.
Herring under a fur coat: a recipe with photos
The classic recipe for making "fur coats" can be slightly modified. For example, instead of eggs put in a salad onions, who visited the marinade. Get an original and no less tasty dish.
- 2 beets;
- 1 large herring;
- 4 potatoes;
- 2 carrots;
- 1 small onion.
- Salted herring is extremely tasty combined with pickled onions. So get them first. While you are preparing other ingredients, the vegetable will have time to reach the standard. In 1 tbsp. cold water dissolve 1 tbsp. l salt, 1 tbsp. l sugar and 4 tbsp. l vinegar. Finely chopped onion, fold into a glass jar, cover with marinade, cover with a lid and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cut the herring into small pieces.
- All other vegetables boil and rub on a fine grater.
- First prepare the beets. If it is very juicy, be sure to drain the excess liquid before forming the layer.
- Cut a piece of cling film about 30 cm long and distribute the beets along it, leaving about 5 cm of free film at each edge. Tamp the layer well.
- Then lay out mayonnaise, carrots, mayonnaise, potatoes, mayonnaise, in the very center - herring, on top of it - onions. Spread each coat with a small amount of refill.
- Gently roll the salad with a film into a roll.
- For a better soak, keep the snack for 2 hours in the fridge.
Herring under a fur coat roll: a recipe with an apple
If you want to surprise guests not only with the original serving, add a simple but not the most typical ingredient for it - an apple. The taste is unusual, with a slight sourness.
- 300 g boiled potatoes;
- 300 g boiled beets;
- 300 g sour or sweet-sour apples;
- 150 g carrots;
- 150 g onions;
- 3 boiled eggs;
- 2 herring;
- Cut the herring and onion into small pieces.
- Grate vegetables, apples and eggs on a fine grater.
- For convenience, spread a plastic wrap on a cutting board and lay out layers: beets, mayonnaise, apple, mayonnaise, eggs, mayonnaise, carrots, mayonnaise, potatoes, onions, herring.
- Smooth and slightly compact each layer, put mayonnaise in a thin layer.
- The edges of the film gently roll up, fix and tighten if necessary.
- Soak the salad in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Herring under a fur coat in pita
Lavash today is very popular in cooking. With it, you can cook a classic herring under a fur coat in a very unusual way.
- 2 sheets of pita;
- 2 beets;
- 2 carrots;
- 4 potatoes;
- 1 herring
- Herring finely chopped.
- Grind vegetables.
- Each sheet of pita cut into 4 equal parts.
- Put one piece of pita on the film and smear with mayonnaise, evenly lay out the beets.
- Cover the beetroot with a sheet of pita bread, press lightly, and place it in mayonnaise.
- Then alternate the following layers: carrots, pita, mayonnaise, potatoes, pita, mayonnaise, herring, pita, mayonnaise, beets, mayonnaise again, and another part of the pita.
- Given that the beet in boiled form is very watery, put the remaining two parts of pita as the last layer. Thus, you will have two layers of beets.
- Now gently roll everything into a tight roll. To fix it, wrap it with film, securing its ends.
- Roll the roll in the fridge overnight so that the pita is well soaked. Then cut into beautiful rolls and serve as an original snack.
Nowadays, an unusual presentation of classic dishes has become a very fashionable trend in cooking. In this sense, one of the leading positions is occupied by herring under a fur coat, rolled up. The habitual dish turns out not less tasty, elegant, besides it can be decorated in addition that will give even more originality.