The cuisines of various countries have long been firmly established in Russia, and therefore the preparation of foreign dishes does not come as a surprise. Moreover, the Slavic peoples gradually adopt foreign traditions. For example, baking gingerbread cookies before Christmas. One of these traditions is the preparation of dolma, the Armenian dish, which is always present on the New Year's table.
How to cook dolma from grape leaves correctly?
Armenian dolma is absolutely not a dietary dish. To make it the way it should, you need fatty meat. Usually it is pork or beef. You can take lamb, although it is rarely indicated in the classic recipe. Along with minced meat, the choice of grape leaves is important. They require freshness and tenderness. This requires the product to be properly stored and processed.
The method of preserving leaves for dolma is as follows:
- Carefully washed grape leaves lay out on a towel so that the glass has excess moisture.
- After that, build a stack of them. Each will have no more than 15 pcs. Roll the leaves into a roll, bandage with a thin thread.
- Put upright in a 0.5 l glass jar., Pour boiled water from 1 tbsp. iodized salt.
- Perform a short sterilization for 10 minutes.
Leaves prepared in a similar way can be used all year. Just before creating the dolmas they need to be dried on a towel, after they are taken from the jar. In the season, of course, it is better to take fresh.
Dolma in armenian
- Grape leaves - 100 pcs.
- Minced meat - 1 kg.
- Round grain rice - 100 gr.
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Butter - 50 gr.
- Spices, fresh herbs and salt - to taste
- For beef can be used as a fat beef, and its combination with pork. Or pure lamb. Twist the minced meat to combine with black pepper and salt, as well as boiled or steamed rice, greens (mint and cilantro) and finely chopped onions.
- During kneading pour into the total weight of 2 tbsp. broth or just boiled water. Smooth lump, which will eventually, remove for 30 minutes. in the fridge.
- Put the dried grape leaf on the board, wide part of it. In the center lay 1 tbsp. minced meat with rice and spices. After that, the sheet is first folded on the sides, and then rolled. The scheme is the same as for stuffing pancakes.
- After that, it is recommended to dress the resulting tubing with a thread so that they do not creep away during heat treatment.
- All the "pancakes" are laid out on the bottom of the pot with thick walls (ideally, cast iron). There should be no distance between them, they should be laid very tightly. Cover with remaining grape leaves. Pour boiling water, making it so that the water level covers all the laid out tubes to the height of the phalanx of the index finger.
- Squeeze the dolma in the pan with a flat plate. Put on a small fire and cook for an hour. Immediately after boiling, put a piece of butter in the water. If desired, add salt.
As for the calorie dolma, when using ground beef, the above recipe is 100 grams. will issue about 103 kk. But when combined with pork or on pure pork meat - already 137 kk. on the same serving volume. Calorie dolma with lamb - its energy value is able to reach even 232 kk. on 100 gr.
While dolma is boiled, sauce is being prepared for it. His classic recipe consists of only 2 ingredients. This clove of garlic and 1 tbsp. matsoni. Garlic is crushed, mixed with sour milk drink. It is also recommended to add a little cilantro to it. Ready sauce is flavored dolma.
You can take another option gravy. It consists of natural yoghurt (200 gr.), Chopped greens and basil, garlic cloves (7-8 pieces).
How is dolma prepared in other countries?
Although dolma is a national dish of Armenia, it is prepared outside of it. In particular, there is also a Greek, Emchiadzin variant. Prepare dolma in Turkey, Azerbaijan, Georgia. Each recipe has a number of features that should be studied in detail. Thanks to them, almost everyone can find an option to your liking. This applies even to those who are on a diet.
- Azerbaijani dolma is not always done with minced meat. Often the filler is a fish. For example, Kutum, pike perch or salmon. Fillet is passed through a meat grinder, combined with 2 pcs. finely chopped red onions, half sliced sweet pepper pod. There is also cilantro, a piece of grated ginger root, a clove of garlic and spices. The mixture is wrapped in grape leaves and brewed using the same technology as Armenian dolma - with a press from a plate over low heat for 1 hour. After boiling, add 1 tbsp to the water. oils. Better vegetable.
- Georgian dolma is distinguished by its spiciness and spiciness. In her recipe of seasonings, tarragon, cilantro, red pepper are used. Required garlic and celery. Parsley is often found in recipes. Stuffing is usually taken pork. It is mixed with a small amount of rice. Sauce for such dolma may not serve. But you should definitely put a bottle of Georgian red wine on the table.
Greek Dolma Recipe
Anyone who is watching their weight and cannot eat fatty meat should pay attention to the Greek and Echmiadzin variant of dolma. The cooking process is much simpler than the Armenian dish.
- Round grain rice - 250 gr.
- Grape leaves - 50 pcs.
- Juice 1-2
- Walnuts - 2-3 pcs.
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Parsley, dill, mint, spices and salt - to taste
- It is necessary to wash the rice, let it stand in cold water for 2-3 hours. Then pour it into the pan, where salted water is already boiling, and boil for no more than 10 minutes.
- Chop onions and herbs, grind walnuts. Combine all this with rice and fill 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Technology twist "tubes" and cooking in the pan does not change. After the first 30 minutes Lemon juice is poured in, after which the dolma is cooked for another 30 minutes. Its caloric content is not more than 73 kk. on 100 gr.
The sauce to it looks somewhat unusual: 1 tbsp. flour mixed with 100 ml. pure water, added to it 2 beaten eggs and juice of 3 lemons. The whole mass is heated over low heat until it starts to thicken. Greek dolma is served in an unheated form. And gourmets advise before serving to hold the dish for 3 days in the cold.
Dolma emchiadzinskaya is not always prepared using grape leaves. There are purely vegetable options that involve eggplants, peppers, and tomatoes in the recipe.
- Mutton meat - 400 gr.
- Bulgarian pepper - 2 pcs.
- Tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Eggplant - 300 gr.
- Rice - 0.5 Art.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Tarragon, cilantro, marjoram, thyme, salt, pepper and ghee - to taste
- Eggplants and peppers are cleaned from the core and seeds.
- The meat is twisted into minced meat, salted and greened.
- The onion is chopped, the tomato is finely chopped.
- A mixture of vegetables and meat is laid in eggplants and peppers, after which the dish is cooked in a cauldron filled with water and melted butter. Readiness is determined by the condition of the meat.
There are a lot of modifications of dolma from grape leaves today. The basis of the dish - rice, minced meat and spices - remains unchanged. Tomatos, carrots and paprika are often added to it. Also seasonings vary - nutmeg, mint, oregano, basil, turmeric. In some oriental cuisines, the recipe provides for the presence of nuts - walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts. Due to this variety of tastes, everyone will be able to find a variation of his liking.