Champignons - one of the few mushrooms, which is amenable to cultivation due to unpretentiousness and security. Housewives appreciate champignons for low calorie, fast cooking and excellent taste. Champignons are brought to Russia from France, Korea, Germany, Poland, Great Britain, the USA.
Recently, the demand for champignons has become so great that entrepreneurs seriously decided to start artificial cultivation of champignons. Only artificially grown champignons differ from their forest counterparts in taste.
Mushrooms are very helpful.- They contain a large amount of vitamins: E, B1, B2, B5, B6, B12, PP, C, D, folic and linoleic acid. In addition, champignons contain many trace elements such as: phosphorus, manganese, copper, zinc, iron, sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, etc. All these vitamins and trace elements are necessary for the human body to maintain its vital functions. Mushrooms help to deal with headaches, reduce the risk of heart attacks, increase mental activity and improve memory.
Champignons can be eaten raw., without fear of poisoning, but it is better to prepare a tasty and healthy dish from these mushrooms. It is recommended to process them just before cooking.
Do I need to clean the mushrooms?
Over this question many hostesses fight. Some say that they do not need to be cleaned, giving the argument that the restaurant serves a salad of unpeeled champignons. In fact, it is, but this does not mean that champignons can be used as soon as you bought them.
Purchased champignons do not need cleaning, but before using them, they still need to be treated: rinse under running water and blot with a napkin. Purchased champignons do not need any more treatment, they do not need to be cleaned.
How to clean the mushrooms?
- If you have gathered mushrooms in the forest, they will not do just by washing under water and then you need to clean the mushrooms.
- With small champignons it is enough to brush away the ground and dirt, wash the mushrooms under running water and slightly cut off the leg with a sharp knife. After you can cut the champignons into pieces or leave them whole. The skin on the mushroom cap is thin, so you do not need to remove it.
- If you scored large champignons, you will have to spend more time processing and cleaning them. Big champignons need to be cleaned. The cap of large champignons is covered with peel, which is poorly softened by heat treatment and must be removed from the fungus. But this is not the most important in cleaning forest mushrooms.
- The first step is to clean the champignons from dirt and soil, rinsing the champignons under running water. After washing, blot the champignons with a napkin. Then you can proceed to the purification of champignons. Pick up the skin from the edge of the cap with a sharp knife and gently pull it towards the center of the mushroom. Peeling champignons from the skin, cut the bottom of the leg.
- The longer you plan to store the mushrooms in the refrigerator, the more you need to cut off the leg. Skirt with legs, usually not removed, it is edible. Brown plates, located at the bottom of the cap, can also not be removed - they give the champignons a special taste. But if you want, you can remove the skirt and plates - this is a matter of taste.
Dishes from peeled champignons
From champignons you can cook a variety of dishes that you can surprise guests.
- Fresh champignons - 500 g
- White wine - 3 tsp.
- Water - 150 ml
- Vegetable oil - 0.5 tbsp.
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp.
- Black pepper peas - 7 pcs.
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Salt - ½ tsp.
- Mix vegetable oil, water, white wine, lemon juice, pepper, salt, and bay leaf in a saucepan. Put the pot on the fire, boil and boil over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse and clean the champignons. Blot them with a napkin.
- Cut the processed mushrooms into quarters and put them in the cooked broth.
- Boil in broth for about 10 minutes. Leave the mushrooms in the broth and cool.
- When serving, season mushrooms with soy or any other sauce.
- Fresh champignons - 300 g
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Bacon - 200 g
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp.
- Sour cream - 3 tbsp.
- Cheese - 100 g
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry bacon on medium heat until fat is melted and it turns ruddy. Cook the bacon for about 15 minutes. Put the fried bacon on a paper napkin to absorb excess fat.
- Finely chop the bacon.
- Peel the mushrooms and cut the legs. Finely chop the legs.
- Peel the onion, chop it and fry in vegetable oil. Add chopped mushrooms to the onions and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and sour cream to the pan to the onions and champignons. Warm over low heat.
- Cool the cooked mixture and add the grated cheese.
- Fill the champignon caps with the prepared mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and place the mushroom caps on a baking sheet. Stuffed mushrooms are baked for about 20 minutes.
- Ready stuffed champignons are seasoned with cheese sauce and served hot.
Champignons are very healthy mushrooms, from which very tasty dishes are obtained. Whether it is necessary to clean the champignons is your decision, but remember that it is recommended to remove the peel from the caps of the big and old champignons. Eat champignons and be healthy!