Virtually every mistress in the cold winter pleases her loved ones with various pickles. Old culinary traditions in Russian families are considered to be pickling, pickling, salting and canning - these recipes have been handed down from generation to generation for more than one century. But sometimes even the most favorite dish bothers, then begin the search for new recipes.
Pickled cucumbers are one of the most beloved and popular snacks in Russia. There are many ways to prepare them, and besides each housewife prepares according to a unique recipe, which is formed by trial and error.
How to pickle cucumbers?
- The dishes and products used for pickling should be clean, because it affects the shelf life and quality of pickles. Banks for canning should not be broken, with scratches, cracks or chips, defects allow air and microbes to enter the container. Covers should be free of rust and gaps.
- Cucumbers must be pickled on the same day they were harvested. You need to sort them by size and, by the way, the smaller the cucumber is - the tastier it is! After sorting, the product must be soaked in cold water for 6 hours. This is done to get bitterness out of it. Rotten or damaged vegetables should be thrown away immediately, they cannot be pickled!
- The choice of spices should also be taken seriously, the taste of the finished snack will depend on them. The most commonly used dill, basil, parsley, tarragon, horseradish, coriander. And in order to give the dish a sharp taste, you can add black or red pepper, bay leaf, garlic, etc. You can also add black and red currant leaves - they will give vegetables a peculiar taste, and due to the high content of tannins in them, the cucumbers will turn out crispy and dense.
- Storage is an important stage in home preservation. The overwhelming majority of pickles are ready already 3 weeks after preparation, and they should be stored in a dry place where the air temperature does not exceed 20 degrees.
Pickled Pickled Cucumbers
Crispy pickled cucumbers are especially good as a snack. The main thing is not difficult to cook them!
Pickled cucumbers with currant leaves
- Cucumbers - 2 kg
- Black currant leaves - 3 pcs.
- Black pepper peas - 10 pcs.
- Garlic, horseradish leaves - to taste
- Water - 1 l
- Table vinegar - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - 2.5 st. l
- Boil the brine out of water, salt and vinegar, let it cool.
- Rinse jars well and put bay leaves, black currant leaves, horseradish, pepper and garlic on the bottom.
- Wash and sort cucumbers by size, put them tightly in jars.
- Pour the jars with cooled brine, close and leave for 4 days at room temperature.
- After these days, the brine must be drained and boiled. Wash cucumbers with hot water and refill with brine.
- After you need to roll up the banks. If you follow the recipe exactly, the snack will be crispy and not lightly salted.
Quick Pickled Cucumbers
Not only can pickled cucumbers serve on the table as an independent snack, they are also an excellent garnish for fish and meat. For example, if guests unexpectedly came, and you would like to pamper them with this dish, then you can cook it in a hurry.
Crisp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sweet pepper
- Apple vinegar
- Celery (seeds)
- Number of vegetables, vary as needed, salt and spices - to taste
- Wash cucumbers and cut into thin circles. If the skin is too thick, it is better to cut it.
- Then take a bowl and mix the billet with salt, let it stand for 1 hour.
- Finely chop the onion, chop the pepper larger, add a mixture of vegetables to the cucumbers. Then pour vinegar, pour celery seeds and sugar.
- Mix well, cover with a lid. The dish is ready! Keep it in the refrigerator. By the way, if the number of cucumbers decreased, and the pickle remained, then you can add fresh chopped vegetables to it.
Crispy Instant Pickled Cucumbers
- Cucumbers - ½ kg
- Garlic - a few cloves
- Dill and parsley - to taste
- Wash cucumbers and cut into 4 parts.
- Peel the garlic, cut into pieces.
- Chop parsley and dill.
- Take a plastic bag, put all the ingredients in it and shake everything well. You can immediately put such a snack on the table, and it is best to wait a couple of hours for the vegetables to be completely saturated with marinade.
Pickled Cucumber Recipe
Recipes pickling cucumbers without sterilization very much. Here are some ways to make snacks at home:
Pickled cucumbers with mustard
- Large cucumbers - 10 kg
- Mustard seeds - 0.5 kg
- Onions - 3 pcs.
- Garlic - 1 head
- Water - 5 l
- Table vinegar - 5 tbsp.
- Salt - 300 g
- Sugar - 2 kg
- Wash vegetables, peel cucumbers from seeds and cut into pieces.
- Make a marinade out of water, sugar, salt, then add vinegar to it and pour the prepared cucumbers in a separate container with this mixture. Leave everything for a few hours.
- Then the billet should be sprinkled with mustard seeds, finely chopped onion and garlic.
- Marinade does not need to be poured, but on the contrary - strain, reheat again, dissolve the salt with sugar and pour the jars in which cucumbers were placed in advance. Everything - the appetizer is ready!
- Gherkins - 1 kg
- Water - 1 tbsp.
- Vinegar (6%) - 1 tbsp.
- Bitter pepper - 1 pod
- Onion - 2 pcs.
- Garlic - 6 cloves
- Salt - 1 tbsp. l
- Peel the onion and cut into thin rings. Peel the garlic and finely chop it; you should also do it with bitter pepper, having previously cleaned it of seeds.
- Gherkins washed, dried and put in 0.5 - liter jars, alternating with pepper, onion and garlic.
- Boil a glass of water and add vinegar and salt to it, then let it cool.
- This marinade is necessary to pour the gherkins and cover them with a lid.
Pickled cucumbers with citric acid
- Cucumbers - 10 kg
- Dill (with seeds) - 200 g
- Onions - 600 g
- Horseradish (root) - 20 g
- Garlic - 1 head
- Water - 10 l
- Salt - 880 g
- Sugar, citric acid - 125 g
- Black pepper peas - 15 pcs.
- Mustard - 15 seeds
- Bay leaf - 6 pcs.
- Wash cucumbers and put them in a jar, alternating with chopped dill, onion, horseradish root and garlic.
- Boil water with citric acid, salt, sugar, black pepper, mustard and bay leaf, and then pour the boiling mixture with the boiling mixture.
Pickled cucumbers - a great snack! Cook them simply. Experiment with recipes and ingredients to achieve the perfect taste of your favorite dish!