The crow's feet biscuit from cottage cheese is a great way to feed those who do not like it with such a useful dairy product: for example, children who often have a weakness for any kind of baking, especially sweet. It is also attractive because it is prepared very quickly and consists of the products available in the refrigerator of any family.
And the dough itself is quite versatile and allows you to create any kind of cookies, up to the "envelopes" and "bagels".
Goose Feet Cottage Cheese Recipe
The classic technology of cooking this delicacy is very simple and does not imply any expensive or rare ingredients. Cinnamon and vanillin are needed only for taste and may not be used at all. If you take cottage cheese in briquettes, already grinded and soft, do not put yogurt in the dough, or increase the amount of flour by 30-50 g. regulated according to the total humidity of the dough.
- Cottage cheese - 200 g
- Butter - 110 g
- Natural Yoghurt - 50 ml
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Granulated sugar - 50 + 50 g
- Wheat flour - 310 g
- Salt - Pinch
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Vanillin - on the tip of a knife
- Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp.
- Butter warm to room temperature so that it becomes soft. If you got it out of the freezer and you need to make cookies quickly, you can melt it, but after that you have to put the dough in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes so that it becomes denser. Otherwise, it will be very difficult to form the "legs".
- Beat the egg with a whisk with salt, mix with yogurt and curd, mash with a fork or pistil. Add butter, yogurt and sugar (50 g), mix to the maximum homogeneous consistency.
- Sift the flour into a separate bowl, add baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon into it, distribute them evenly among themselves, and then combine them with the rest of the ingredients. Knead your hands tightly, not sticky dough. Roll it into a ball, wrap it in cling film, put it in the cold for 20-30 minutes.
- After the specified period, sift the flour on a wooden board with a thin layer, put the dough on it, crush it with your hands and roll into a cake with a thickness of no more than 3-4 mm. Using round shapes or a glass with a wide rim, cut the blank for biscuits. Their approximate diameter should be 7-8 cm - it will be very difficult to work with smaller sizes.
- Fold the circle so that it turns into a semicircle, and then once again bend in half - you will get a quarter. Dip the front surface in sugar, then using a conventional fork, make notches on the wide (where the arc) side, by attaching the teeth flat and slightly pressing them. Carry out such manipulations with all the blanks, transfer them to a baking sheet, covered with parchment or foil. Sugar side must look up, otherwise it will burn.
- Bake cottage cheese cookies in an oven preheated to 190 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and thick crust on top. In the presence of forced convection, it is recommended to set the temperature to 170 degrees. The tray should be centered.
After removing from the sheet, cool the cookies at room temperature so that the dough is completely grabbed. It is recommended to keep it in the refrigerator, because the cottage cheese in the heat can start to deteriorate. However, this dish is so tasty that it is rare when it “lives” even until the next morning.
Variations of the recipe and professional advice
In fact, the basic set of components for the "crows feet" will be cottage cheese, egg and flour, and everything else depends on what consistency you need to get. For a more crumbly, similar to shortbread, treats, add a large amount of butter, which, respectively, increases the fat content. For a dense relief structure, take a bit of cream or yogurt. This allows you to make the dough solid, not falling apart, but at the same time not fat and not ironed.
- The way the cookie looks will be primarily influenced by the cottage cheese: using pressed (in briquettes) will allow you to get a thin puff pastry, but with a rustic grainy “legs” look more like sandy, crumbly.
- Also consider the fat content of the curd, which causes moisture. Moreover, not only the one that requires varying the amount of flour, but also the total in the finished product. Fat-free granular cottage cheese often has to be mixed with cream or yogurt, and fat (18%) makes the dough elastic, and there are practically no grains in it.
- Cottage cheese cookies with cottage cheese may sound a bit strange and look like “butter oil”, but this is also one of the variations of the “crow's feet”. For her, be sure to use cottage cheese in briquettes or ricotta: mixing it with sugar, they coat the billet with each new addition to make the internal curd layers.
Moreover, it is recommended to take into account the fat content of the curd, and with the introduction of butter into the dough. When using country cottage cheese, some hostesses refuse butter altogether, but this prevents the crumbly biscuits. And the flour is almost always entered as the last and most often in the recipes its exact amount is not indicated, since it is impossible to guess how many other components will be taken. It is important to achieve a dense, non-sticky dough that allows you to shape it.
- It is possible to fold blanks not only twice, but also three times: in this case, the angle will be either 45 degrees or 60 degrees, depending on what you do with the semicircle. It can be turned into a quarter, and then diagonally reduced again by a factor of 2, or you can bend 1/3 to the right and 1/3 to the left, thereby obtaining a larger cookie size. A similar technology is used for the preparation of puff products, and not loose.
Finally, I would like to note that between layers - during their formation - not only sugar, but also crushed nuts, jam, poppy seeds, grated chocolate can be added. A more exotic option is also possible - for example, cheese mixed with garlic; However, in this case, baking will be less sweet, but why not play with the taste?