Many have come across a typical “guest on the doorstep” situation. And if you are having a tea party, and there is nothing suitable at hand, remember how to bake a biscuit. If you do not know this, by all means use one of the recipes. It is easy to prepare, and as a result you get a great dish for tea. Various impregnations will help you create a unique flavor. In addition, a biscuit can be the basis for a variety of cakes and rolls.
Classic sponge cake recipe
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Eggs - 4 pcs.,
- Flour - 1 tbsp.,
- Vanillin - on the tip of a knife
- Separate the egg white from the yolks. Begin to whip the protein at a slow speed of the mixer, gradually adding 1 l of sugar and vanillin.
- When the protein becomes white and acquires a dense texture, start adding 1 liter of yolk to the mass, without stopping the beating at the same time.
- Sift the flour into the protein and gently mix it into the total mass using a spoon. Pour the dough into the baking dish. Place the dough in the oven preheated to 200 degrees and bake at this temperature for no more than 25 minutes.
- While the sponge cake is baked, do not open the oven door, otherwise it will settle. When the baking is ready, remove it, put it on a plate and let cool.
- Classic sponge cake can be used as a separate dish or for making cakes and pastries.
Lush biscuit with vanilla notes
- Egg - 4 pcs.
- Flour -130 g
- Sugar - 180 g
- Vanillin - Pinch
- Salt - Pinch
- Corn starch - 1 tbsp. l
- Sift flour and take the right amount. Also measure the sugar immediately. So all the ingredients will be in the right proportions, and you will not have to be distracted by measuring the amount during kneading.
- Separate the whites from the yolks and send to the refrigerator. Beat egg yolks with sugar and vanilla until the mass turns white and increases in volume. If the sugar is not dissolved, do not worry.
- Remove the proteins from the refrigerator and start beating in a clean, dry dish, adding salt. Beating should be done with dry beaters in one direction. To whipped whites, well enough, add the yolks in a spoon, without stopping beating. The result should be a pale yellow mass.
- In the resulting egg-sugar mass, manually mix the flour. For convenience, do this not with a spoon, but with a whisk. Flour at the same time need to sift in small portions. Similarly, you must do with cornstarch.
- Grease the baking pan with butter and carefully pour the dough into it. Place the dough in the oven preheated to 180 degrees. You need to bake the cake for 25 minutes, without opening the oven for the first 15 minutes. Check the readiness of the biscuit with a wooden skewer.
The recipe for a delicious biscuit in a slow cooker
- Eggs - 5 pcs.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Flour - 1 tbsp.
- Cocoa - 2 tbsp. l
- Vanillin - 1 bag
- Beat the eggs until a light crema is formed using a mixer. Then add sugar in small portions, while continuing to beat. When all the sugar is in the bowl, continue beating for about 10 minutes.
- Then, sifted flour and vanillin should be mixed into the dough with a spoon. Stir gently, lifting the dough upwards.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts. In 1 of the parts, add cocoa. At the same time, remember that cocoa makes dough, so it should be mixed gently and gradually.
- Smear the bowl of the multicooker. Alternately pour in the white dough and dough with cocoa. You can draw a pattern with a toothpick.
- When the dough is fully placed in the slow cooker, close the lid and set the time to 45 minutes by selecting the Baking mode. After the specified time, leave the biscuit in the slow cooker for another 15 minutes.
Sponge Cake Syrup
For the impregnation of biscuit using various syrups. They help make baking juicier and give it a new flavor.
- Sugar - 4 tbsp. l
- Water - 6 tbsp. l
- Place water and sugar in a small saucepan and put on a small fire.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. In order not to burn the syrup, it must be continuously stirred.
- Boil the mixture is not necessary, most importantly, bring it to the state when the sugar dissolves.
- The syrup, brought to a boil, must be removed from the heat and cooled to approximately 37-40 degrees. Classic sugar syrup for impregnation of sponge cake is ready.
Biscuit Strawberry Syrup
- Strawberry - 300 g
- Sugar - 50 g
- Water - 300 g
- Cognac - 1 tbsp. 200 g syrup.
- From strawberries need to squeeze the juice. When making sugar syrup, add sugar and strawberry cake to the water. The resulting mixture is simmered for about 5 minutes.
- The resulting syrup must be drained and added to strawberry juice. Put the juice with the syrup back on the fire and bring to a boil, then cook for 3 minutes. Strain the finished strawberry syrup and leave to cool. In the cooled syrup pour brandy and mix. Soak the sponge cake into the mixture.
- Ground coffee - 2 tsp.
- Water - 200 ml
- Sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Cognac - 1 tbsp.
- First you need to make a coffee brew. To do this, pour ground coffee with boiling water and bring to a boil over low heat.
- After that, cover the coffee drink and let it brew for 10-15 minutes.
- When the infusion is ready, strain it, add sugar and bring to the boil again. When the resulting syrup has cooled, add brandy to it.
How to soak a sponge cake with syrup?
Before soaking the biscuit with syrup, determine the type of the resulting cake. If the cake is oily and wet, you will need a little syrup, if dryish - get ready to spend a sufficiently large amount of the mixture.
A spray gun is well suited for the distribution of syrup over the cake. Put syrup into it while it is warm and spray evenly. If there is no such thing at hand, use a usual spoon to soak.
Try to distribute the syrup evenly, otherwise it may leak in one place, and in others it will not be enough, and the biscuit will remain dry. When the impregnation is finished, send the sponge cake in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours or overnight.
There are many variants of biscuit recipes. Each of them in finished form is a delicious and fragrant dessert. Bake a sponge cake, and kneading dough is easy for him. Any mistress will cope with this task.