Very often, we try to surprise our family members and cook something tasty. Dumplings and dumplings can be considered quite traditional dishes in our country. Every housewife knows that the taste of these dishes does not depend on the filling, but on the dough. There are many different recipes by which you can knead it. Very tasty are dumplings and dumplings made from choux pastry. You will learn how to make choux pastry for dumplings in this article.
What are the features of cooking choux pastry?
Probably, you already guessed that the choux pastry should be boiled. Some housewives do not cook this dough, but simply pour all the ingredients with boiling water. Through trial and error, each keeper of the hearth chose a suitable recipe for choux pastry. Today experienced housewives are happy to share their secrets. So, if you decide to pamper your household with dumplings or custard dumplings, then read some tips:
- to make the dough elastic, it must be boiled for 2 minutes;
- You can pour boiling water over ingredients;
- dough is best kneaded with a spoon, not hands;
- water or milk should be brought to a boil, and then pour the flour, which should be quickly stirred to avoid lumps;
- if you are kneading more than 3 cups of flour in the dough, be sure to add butter or sunflower oil;
- eggs should be mixed into the dough after cooling, so that they do not boil;
- the dough should be moderately elastic, but not rare, otherwise you will not be able to form a dumpling;
- choose any filling to taste: if you use sweet, for example, cherry or strawberry, then add more sugar and vanillin to the dough.
Choux dough for ravioli and dumplings with sunflower oil
The recipe for dough with the addition of sunflower oil is universal. It can be used not only for dumplings, but also for dumplings. Make it easy and fast enough.
- filtered water (boiled) - 150 g;
- high-grade flour - 250 g;
- vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- some salt.
- Take the flour and sift it into a separate dish. So you remove the lumps and impurities.
- In a deep bowl you should have a heap of flour.
- In the center of the flour, make a well and pour sunflower oil into it.
- Take a spoon and mix everything well.
- Put water on the stove and boil it. Be sure to add a small pinch of salt.
- Make a well in the flour and pour boiling water into it. Mix well with a spoon.
- Then continue kneading dough with your hands on the table. The surface can be lightly sprinkled with flour.
- Put the dough in a bowl and cover with a not too thick towel. Leave the dough for about half an hour so that it is infused.
- After this time, you can start cooking vareniki. This choux dough is perfect for dumplings with any filling for dumplings.
Basis for dumplings with potatoes with butter
If you want to cook dumplings with potatoes, you can knead the choux pastry with butter. The dough will be very tender and elastic, and butter will give it an unusual and even refined taste. By the way, this dough can be used for making dumplings. The main advantage of this recipe is that the dough is prepared quite simply and does not take much time from you. Believe me, dumplings of custard cream dough will appeal to all households.
- butter - 50-60 g;
- Chicken eggs - 2-3 pcs .;
- filtered water - 250 ml;
- wheat flour of the highest grade - 2 tbsp .;
- some salt.
- Pour the filtered water into a deep container (pan or stew pan), add a small pinch of salt and 60 g of butter.
- Put the pot on the stove and, gradually mixing all the ingredients, bring this mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, keep it at a minimum, and start adding sifted flour to the water.
- Do not forget to constantly stir the dough so that it does not burn and does not form lumps in it.
- After you have added the right amount of flour, set aside the dishes from the stove and allow the dough to cool slightly.
- After cooling in the choux pastry you need to add eggs. To beat and knead the eggs is best one at a time.
- After thorough mixing, cover the container with choux pastry with a napkin and leave for half an hour.
- After half an hour you can form dumplings with potato filling from choux pastry.
Knead the dough for dumplings with cherries
For cooking cherry dumplings you can use lean choux dough. Knead it easy enough. The dish will turn out not only very tasty, but also dietary.
- filtered water - 0.2 l;
- sunflower oil - 50 g;
- salt - a small pinch;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- flour - 300-350 g
- Heat the water slightly, but do not bring to a boil.
- Pour water into a deep container and add sunflower oil. All components need to mix well.
- Then add some salt and sugar to the water. Mix everything again.
- Put the prepared mixture on the stove and boil.
- When the water begins to boil, add half of the prepared and previously sifted flour into it. Do not forget to constantly stir. This should be done very quickly, so as not to get lumps.
- When the choux dough begins to move away from the walls of the dish, remove it from the stove and cool it a little.
- Put the choux pastry on the work surface and continue kneading until it becomes elastic. The dough should be well away from your hands.
- Knead choux dough should be brewed for half an hour, and then it can be used to form dumplings with cherry filling.
You have read step-by-step recipes for making simple and tasty choux pastry. It can be done in haste. Many housewives are trying to change the recipes, coming up with new options, add other ingredients. You can add creamy margarine or olive oil. If you are planning to make dumplings with a sweet filling, then put more sugar and vanilla essence in the dough.
Choux dough is loosened by water vapor, which is produced during boiling. This article presents to your attention the main types of choux pastry for cooking dumplings and dumplings. Each of the above recipes can also be used for khinkali or manti. Such dough is universally and perfectly combined with almost any filling. Choux dough will surely taste to all your household.
Be sure to pamper your loved ones and relatives and cook dumplings or dumplings from choux pastry. The main condition - the dough must be boiled or poured boiling water. Do not forget that the choux pastry must be brewed for at least half an hour. Due to this, it will become more elastic and light. If you add too much flour and the dough is cool, do not despair, but put it in the fridge for about 40 minutes, and it will become light and elastic again. Enjoy your meal!